Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering to DIT.

Options
  • 20-08-2011 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

For my cao, i put the dit course second, but now reeeeealy want it instead of my first choice. What are the chances of transfering from ucd ... Can you even do that? Or do all.courses fill up pretty quickly?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

FTS wrote: »
    For my cao, i put the dit course second, but now reeeeealy want it instead of my first choice. What are the chances of transfering from ucd ... Can you even do that? Or do all.courses fill up pretty quickly?

I'm not too sure about transferring from uni to uni but you could try not accepting your first offer from cao and hoping that you get dit the second time around.

just note, this is risky, you may not get either. only do this if you have really thought it through.

maybe another posts knows more about transfers.

out of curiosity, which course would you like to transfer to in dit?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Paula_K

As far as being offered a lower choice is concerned, I don't think it is possible.

I wrote to DIT about this as I wanted my third offer as opposed to my second, this was the reply:

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do at this stage to change the order of preference on CAO. Unfortunately you can't be offered anything below what you have been offered, only above at this stage. It is how the CAO system works so there is no way around that I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Paula_K wrote: »
    As far as being offered a lower choice is concerned, I don't think it is possible.

I wrote to DIT about this as I wanted my third offer as opposed to my second, this was the reply:

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do at this stage to change the order of preference on CAO. Unfortunately you can't be offered anything below what you have been offered, only above at this stage. It is how the CAO system works so there is no way around that I'm afraid.

Based on this, I suggest you completely ignore my post above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

If you get your first choice in UCD stick it out for the year and then try to transfer by Advanced Entry into 2nd year of the course you wanted (aim to do the same modules)

I transfered by Advanced Entry from one DIT course to another without much hassel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Hi FTS,

It would be useful to get some advice from the DIT Admissions Office on this. Give them a call on 4023303 (they're very helpful) and they can talk you through your options.

Regards,
    Brian

• Advertisement
Advertisement