Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh my. I had my first lecture last night. I fear I'm going to become a computer programmer. I wasn't expecting such levels of nerd.

programmers.add(Fewcifur);

try{
    programmers[Fewcifur].leave();
    }
    catch(EscapeAttempt e){
    programmers[Fewcifur].cannotLeave();
    }

programmers.oneOfUsForver(O.o);

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ah breakfast. I never remember to eat anything, but I'm on a serious "trying to not have a heart attack before 40" kick at the minute and am looking to be a bit more sensible about food and sleep and partying. I'm not in my 20s any more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Shiminay wrote: »
    Ah breakfast. I never remember to eat anything, but I'm on a serious "trying to not have a heart attack before 40" kick at the minute and am looking to be a bit more sensible about food and sleep and partying. I'm not in my 20s any more :(
    Meeeep, i had a bowl of muesli which is certainly healthy. More importantly though, its cheap and hence student friendly :pac:. Its not bad if you like it, filling without being too heavy and very low in bad things.

I had Cheerios. I like Cheerios. And of course, I had a bucket of tea too! :D

try{
    }
    catch(EscapeAttempt e){
    }

Is it weird that reading that sounded like a dalek in my head?

• Advertisement

Yea it is, Daleks don't write Java, they're actually running a heavily modified version of B which has somehow implemented Object Orientation and all the nuts and bolts like inheritance and overloading that C++ has. The perverts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I had Cheerios. I like Cheerios. And of course, I had a bucket of tea too! :D
    Those is actually good for your cholesterol levels they say. See you avoiding a heart attack already:)

Yea it is, Daleks don't write Java, they're actually running a heavily modified version of B which has somehow implemented Object Orientation and all the nuts and bolts like inheritance and overloading that C++ has. The perverts.

What about the robot from Lost in Space?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I got into work about half an hour ago. It's days like this I love being a student.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

try{
    }
    catch(EscapeAttempt e){
    }

Damn, I got that... but thankfully I wouldn't know how to write it. Yet. I see some conflicts in my mind though. Last night's lecturer said Actionscript would be obsolete in a few years, yet I'm pretty sure tomorrow's lecture is in Flash.
    jokettle wrote: »
    I got into work about half an hour ago. It's days like this I love being a student.

You better hope you become a lecturer... otherwise the system shock will kill you! (that's if the spider hordes haven't already done so.)

He was a jive turkey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'm pretty sure tomorrow's lecture is in Flash.
    Allen,West, or Garrick? *

*The last names of all the heroes who used the name Flash

You better hope you become a lecturer... otherwise the system shock will kill you! (that's if the spider hordes haven't already done so.)

The next course I want to do will be 9-6, lectures and placements. I'm just enjoying myself while I can :)

And spiders don't come into apartments! They just don't! :(

He was a jive turkey

Ya got ta sass it!

Well he was a product of late 21st century human production, I'd say he was programmed by a whole slew of companies and contractors and if they were doing it right, they'd have probably incorporated all the various components into one operating system that probably has a C++ business end which would interface with the various bits and pieces.
    Pesky brain students! I can't really complain though, I'm almost never in work for 9am like I'm supposed to be :o

Well he was a product of late 21st century human production, I'd say he was programmed by a whole slew of companies and contractors and if they were doing it right, they'd have probably incorporated all the various components into one operating system that probably has a C++ business end which would interface with the various bits and pieces.
    I have no clue what he just said.

I have no clue what he just said.

It's ok, he was speaking English

It's ok, he was speaking English
    I speak fluent American English

He was speaking Nerd English.

I think it was Techie English

I speak fluent American English

There's your problem :D

• Advertisement

Indeed, I really need to work on my Canadian as well

Found an abandoned mine shaft near my base of operations on the Boards.ie Minecraft server and added 3 more storeys to my tower or win, so I'd call that a successful lunch.

Found an abandoned mine shaft near my base of operations on the Boards.ie Minecraft server and added 3 more storeys to my tower or win, so I'd call that a successful lunch.
    Sounds extremely fun

And can you kill people yet?

Mmmm a Golden Crisp and tea, the day just peaked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I had soup!

I had salt and vinegar Snack-a-Jacks. I lived off those things in college. They...are not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I had salt and vinegar Snack-a-Jacks. I lived off those things in college. They...are not good.

They fool you by being a rice-cake.

Discos, McCoys, Chip Sticks and Banshee Bones are where it's at when you're taking Salt and Vinegar.

Tesco chip sticks are too good.

Hunky Dories are alright at times.

And another thing, how come you can't get no Perri's Bag o' Chips round here no more?!

• Advertisement

Mmmm a Golden Crisp and tea, the day just peaked.

I had a packet of Maltesers and a free Wispa! The Wispa was my first choice but got stuck, so you can understand my joy. Also, I haven't eaten chocolate for weeks, but a girl in work invited me for coffee and chocolate as payment for some IT help, so I just had to comply. I feel good. Damn you chocolate. Slowly my strict diet is unravelling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement