Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Good night, or bad night Shim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Shiminay wrote: »
    I have some delicious chocolate you might like...

Keep that abomination away from me!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

A good night Mr Wolf, I went to the launch of a new phone from HTC which is called the Sensation XE. Features tech from Dr Dre's Beats Audio company (which I found out HTC now owns 51% of) and the quality of sound out of the new headphones and the new software to play music is actually astonishingly good.

Am thinking I wanna pick up a set of the headphones for my own phone (the "standard" Sensation) as I'm in dire need of proper musics on the move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I have a HTC wildfire S and i have to say, i love the little fecker... my typing on the touchscreen can be a bit iffy though... :D
    I also have a Nokia E63 with a qwerty keypad which i love typing on but still prefer the wildfire....

I had a Nokia E61i which was my first ever "smart" phone (also my first even Nokia after 12 years of owning a mobile phone - had been an Ericsson and Sony Ericsson fan before that). Upgraded to a HTC Hero, 3 weeks later was given a HTC Legend at a press event, then less than 6 months ago, when I was just looking to upgrade the Legend, I was given a Sensation at another press event (can I say a huge public thank you to Meteor for the Legend and Vodafone, HTC and the Keogh Partnership for the Sensation)

Big very fan of the HTC Android devices in general, but the Samsung Galaxy devices are also really worth a look if anyone's looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

BadGirl wrote: »
    I have a HTC wildfire S and i have to say, i love the little fecker... my typing on the touchscreen can be a bit iffy though... :D
    I also have a Nokia E63 with a qwerty keypad which i love typing on but still prefer the wildfire....

i have a stoopie little blackberry - i wanted well rid of my iphone, and the bb was within my budget at the time.

damn thing yesterday upped and froze on me. tried soft reset, yanking the battery. noooopee. so i had to yank the battery and update the softwear, which of course reset the phone to factory settings. twas only then i realised i last backed up the bugger in july :mad: was not a happy bunny.

NOTE TO SELF: back up phone AT LEAST once per week for safety in these situations. new technology cannot be trusted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Badly need a new phone. Currently have an iPhone 3g and the thing is horiffically slow :(

Atavan, i got a decent deal on the wildfire on VF in June, 1gb data, free to other VF calls and texts for €35 euro pm and phone was free....
    It's a cuties little phone, although have to say, it's low on internal memory, only app i have installed is whatsapp and it's only 8mb but have only about 20mb free of 150mb. have no clue as to whats using it.....
    Other than that, i like it :D

Badly need a new phone. Currently have an iPhone 3g and the thing is horiffically slow :(

i have sworn off iphones. i q'ed like a gimp last july for the iphone4. delighted with myself was i as only 8 came into the store.

newho within a month the thing was banjaxed. picked it up to send a text and it was off. i assumed i hadn't noticed and the battery had died (cos it wouldn't turn on) plugged it in and it said 'connect to itunes' like it does when you first get it. so i did. it went half way through the connection process and gave up. thing was knackered. so off it went to apple. they sent me a replacement.

grand jobby. after a while the home button on the replacement started giving me a bit of gyp, had to push it two or three times for it to respond. tad annoying but whatever. but after a while you were pressing it like 20 times, near putting your finger through the phone, to get it to recongise anything. not happy. off the phone went to apple and the 3rd one within a year was shipped to me.

so i was like urgh no more. i sold it on. see ya!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

A good night Mr Wolf, I went to the launch of a new phone from HTC which is called the Sensation XE. Features tech from Dr Dre's Beats Audio company (which I found out HTC now owns 51% of) and the quality of sound out of the new headphones and the new software to play music is actually astonishingly good.

Am thinking I wanna pick up a set of the headphones for my own phone (the "standard" Sensation) as I'm in dire need of proper musics on the move.
    I sticking with my Samsung Moment until next year when my contract is up. Nice handy little phone, also my first smartphone. For music on the move though I use my little Sandisk MP3 player. That and the Sony headphones I got make an awesome package

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Unfortunately I don't do bill phones! Have to say the iphone has served me well the time I've had it. It's just not up to spec anymore. Might sell it on and put the money towards something new. Used a galaxy S for a while and half considering going for one.

Red wine and Horatio Caine, life is good! :D

BadGirl wrote: »
    Red wine and Horatio Caine, life is good! :D
    Well, you're in good.......spirits.
    :cool:

yyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Those Beats headphones really annoy me.

I use these:
    s0331231_sc7?$sku$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Have to say the iphone has served me well the time I've had it.
    Yeah, mine's nearly 2 years old and it's given feck all bother, apart from occasionally not recognising the SIM card the last month or two ... and a pin (literally, not the number) and 30 seconds fixes that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Hey guys, I'm getting my tattoo finished later but I have nobody to hold my hand! Is anyone here free at half 5? I'm a wuss :(

I might be, where you getting it done? I have a thing to attend after work (a computer game launch actually :p), so may not be around for too long I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Morning.

• Advertisement

Morning BZ.

morning peeps. i'd love to squish, but i'd be all sad that i wasn't getting one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

hdowney wrote: »
    morning peeps. i'd love to squish, but i'd be all sad that i wasn't getting one :(

Just rub off Squish when she's done, you'll at least get some skin juice right?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Just rub off Squish when she's done, you'll at least get some skin juice right?
    No tats, right Few?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Morning BZ.

Hey, hows the head after the event last night, get yourself another free phone?

Hey guys, I'm getting my tattoo finished later but I have nobody to hold my hand! Is anyone here free at half 5? I'm a wuss :(

Good luck, it will not be that bad. You can always grab a random stranger.

Morning hdowney
    No tats, right Few?

0/

How's life treating you BZ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm melting. Melting!

I was built for overcast skies with a chance of drizzle. I can't be dealing with this heat. This office is stuffy in midwinter, we're feckin dying here today!

Hey, hows the head after the event last night, get yourself another free phone?

There's a phone on the way, I'm gonna give it away to our mods when it arrives :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I might be, where you getting it done?

Snakebite :)

Awwh don't be sad! What do you want one of?
    Good luck, it will not be that bad. You can always grab a random stranger.

I've never gotten one without someone, even Cyberwolf accompanied me with one! :P

• Advertisement

jokettle wrote: »
    I'm melting. Melting!

I was built for overcast skies with a chance of drizzle. I can't be dealing with this heat. This office is stuffy in midwinter, we're feckin dying here today!

How about this heat?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement