Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Kojak wrote: »
    Surely they would know by the smell??

My friends band was briefly called centre of the smell. Sadly they changed the name :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

My friends band was briefly called centre of the smell. Sadly they changed the name :(
    Dare I ask what they changed it too?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Delighted to hear your good news Cupcake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Right, I have pjs, couch, countdown on the tv and my hairs are wrapped in a towel cuz I just had a shower.

What else am I missing from the Unemployed Bum list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

reallyrose wrote: »
    Right, I have pjs, couch, countdown on the tv and my hairs are wrapped in a towel cuz I just had a shower.

Few cans and 20 blue.

• Advertisement

Few cans and 20 blue.

Nah, I dun smoke and after Friday, I'm nevar drinking again. EVAR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

You're not munching on any food. Get a packet of tayto, or possible some jaffa cakes.

Junkfood and a pot of tea would be useful, but not essential.

I'm marinading some chicken for later. :D

I'm marinading some chicken for later. :D

and what about now? You have to gain your unemployed curves.

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    and what about now? You have to gain your unemployed curves.

I'm not hungry right now....

I don't want curves! I want to be all toned and stringy, like people I see on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You need some heroin so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

well said few well said.

debate my peoples. if you have a sick note from the doctor and say it says from the 1st to the 5th does this mean you are out everyday from the first upto and INCLUDING the fifth, or does it mean you go back in on the fifth. different places have told me different things

Or exercise.

hdowney wrote: »
    well said few well said.

debate my peoples. if you have a sick note from the doctor and say it says from the 1st to the 5th does this mean you are out everyday from the first upto and INCLUDING the fifth, or does it mean you go back in on the fifth. different places have told me different things

Always inclusive...that's how I've done it in the past.

Yup. always inclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You are back on the 6th in my book.

yea that is what i am pretty much sure of. like if you hand in the thing then you cannot be in the building cos you are marked as sick. which means damn you/thank you mr doctor but i cannot go in tomorrow cos it has tomorrows date on it. means i cannot go back in until wednesday. i am partially peeved cos i have missed a week and a day already and tomorrow is 7hours of kitchen work, but also that'l mean going back in wednesday, where although i am in pastry til 9pm i am not due in until 12 on wednesday so there is a chance to get my body clock back working, get myself a new tyre, some ski clothes for the snosoc intervarsity on saturday and read up on whatever pastry concoctions we will be making wednesday, once i get one of the girls to tell me.

also i am not completely better anyway (and am not sure if i am still contagious or not) i had thought i was doing ok, but am back to nausea and temperature and the rest :(

If you are sick, there is no way in hell you should be near a kitchen.

If you are sick, there is no way in hell you should be near a kitchen.

believe me i know. but at the same time i know i missed a HUGE heap last week, and every day i am out i am missing loads more, and i don't see them ever going over any of it with me (not my fault i caught this pissing bug and cannot go into a kitchen) not that i think they'd have the time. and i have practical exams in December that i DO NOT want to fail as i want to get into semester 2. i also don't want them thinking i ain't interested in putting the work in or anything yakno. ARGH

• Advertisement

If you're "sick note from doctor" sick, then it's fine. People get sick all the time and have to take time out. Talk to the teaching staff when you get back in and ask them if they think you should be doing anything specific to catch up, and don't be stressing about it - if nothing else it'll take longer to recover from illness if you're stressed.

Remember what the good book says - DON'T PANIC

Shiminay wrote: »
    If you're "sick note from doctor" sick, then it's fine. People get sick all the time and have to take time out. Talk to the teaching staff when you get back in and ask them if they think you should be doing anything specific to catch up, and don't be stressing about it - if nothing else it'll take longer to recover from illness if you're stressed.

Remember what the good book says - DON'T PANIC

you are right shim. the stress does not help. i just am not fond of one of my teachers and her attitude so am a bit wary of saying to her, but i shall find a way. i have one of the girls taking copies of all the handouts for me, and i am going to photocopy her handwritten notes and go through them myself.

need to de-stress then i can get well, concentrate on my work and catch up :)

IF you were over 40 you'd be in work, ya wuss.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    IF you were over 40 you'd be in work, ya wuss.

pffft. id go in but it is a kitchen and i have a disease. a contagious one!!

hey i just had a thought, i'll come cook your dinner!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Today feels like a little victory. Got the btea sorted out and my mammy made me a cup of tea when I got in from college. Now im settling in for a long evening of typing up notes! STOP DISTRACTING ME!!!

Today feels like a little victory. Got the btea sorted out and my mammy made me a cup of tea when I got in from college. Now im settling in for a long evening of typing up notes! STOP DISTRACTING ME!!!

i know the feeling, when i get the notes off the girls i am going to CRY.

but cc it is not a little victory. it is a BIG victory. best thing EVAR! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Now im settling in for a long evening of typing up notes! STOP DISTRACTING ME!!!

:-P

Today I spent €410 on computer parts. This brings my total spend on hardware up to €680 for the year and I have real need of a new mouse (€50-70) and am considering a Solid State Drive (€80ish). Being a PC gamer has some considerable drawbacks...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shiminay wrote: »
    Today I spent €410 on computer parts. This brings my total spend on hardware up to €680 for the year and I have real need of a new mouse (€50-70) and am considering a Solid State Drive (€80ish). Being a PC gamer has some considerable drawbacks...

It most certainly does.........our poor wallets taking the pain,what did you get?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

hdowney wrote: »
    i know the feeling, when i get the notes off the girls i am going to CRY.

but cc it is not a little victory. it is a BIG victory. best thing EVAR! :D

Its grand in most modules, except in social studies. The chap who teaches us that just bounces from one thing to another so my notes are stupidly hard to follow. I'm getting there though!

I am chuffed about the btea, it's just such a load off my mind!

YOU'RE A NERD!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement