Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Am sooooo tired, not sleeping well lately... up early in the mornings and bed late at night doesn't help i suppose.
    Am up since 7 and haven't had a chance to have a cuppa yet, work **** driving me BATTY and i think it might be an 'approach with caution' day :)

Anyway, morning all!

CC, it's perfectly fine to befriend your clothes, even if they have faces or not. I have a pair of boots that i practically live in. They are my friends :D

Morning Shim!, Well done KotE on being ontime to work, i work from home most of the time and even then i find it hard to be on time. I'm usually settling down to work at 8.40 instead of 8.30 and normally still in my PJ's :D:D So you are doing REALLY well to be ontime AND dressed! LOL

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well I think it's probably ok to talk to anything with a face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

So im not strange after all!!

I wouldn't go THAT far now CC.... ;)

Just joking x :D

BadGirl wrote: »
    Am sooooo tired, not sleeping well lately... up early in the mornings and bed late at night doesn't help i suppose.
    Am up since 7 and haven't had a chance to have a cuppa yet, work **** driving me BATTY and i think it might be an 'approach with caution' day :)

Anyway, morning all!

CC, it's perfectly fine to befriend your clothes, even if they have faces or not. I have a pair of boots that i practically live in. They are my friends :D

Morning Shim!, Well done KotE on being ontime to work, i work from home most of the time and even then i find it hard to be on time. I'm usually settling down to work at 8.40 instead of 8.30 and normally still in my PJ's :D:D So you are doing REALLY well to be ontime AND dressed! LOL

Well I'm getting a cuppa tea now, I'll get one for you too :)

How do you find working at home? I do it on a rare occasion cause the's a standing order of "if you've got a cold or flu, stay at home and don't infect the rest of the office!" here which makes a lot of sense really considering all I need are tubes and a computer for work.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Well I'm getting a cuppa tea now, I'll get one for you too :)

How do you find working at home? I do it on a rare occasion cause the's a standing order of "if you've got a cold or flu, stay at home and don't infect the rest of the office!" here which makes a lot of sense really considering all I need are tubes and a computer for work.

You are a good boy Shim, we'll keep you ;) Half a spoon of sugar and a good drop of milk please!! ;)

I am used to working from home at this stage.. been doing it for 5 yrs in the job i'm in now. It's very structured though, i have to be here from 8.30-5 (excluding lunch obv :D ) it's not the kind of work i can do anytime iykwim? So i need to be disciplined enough to go to my office and just treat it like any other workplace.... Not having to commute is nice though, before they let me work from home, was commuting to an office in Dublin, about 50 miles each way.. took up a huge chunk of time out of my day.... :(

*hands over tea*

I can't imagine you miss the commute alright. Structure and discipline would be key I'd say - I have all my games installed on my PC at home, so I couldn't do it regularly, I'd be too busy shooting digital things :p

*hands over tea*

I can't imagine you miss the commute alright. Structure and discipline would be key I'd say - I have all my games installed on my PC at home, so I couldn't do it regularly, I'd be too busy shooting digital things :p

BG has been living up to her username this morning, BAD girl, BAD, BAD girl.... (i sneaked out to local Apple and got a sausage and rasher sandwich... it was yuuuum though!)

IMAG0779.jpg

And thanks for the tea Shim x ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

That sandwich does NOT look good!!

I dunno, the sammich doesn't exactly look bad either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

BG has been living up to her username this morning, BAD girl, BAD, BAD girl.... (i sneaked out to local Apple and got a sausage and rasher sandwich... it was yuuuum though!)

IMAG0779.jpg

And thanks for the tea Shim x ;)

Elmo says you mug is a bit small

I dunno, it looks about right to me, here's mine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mornin' all! I need caffiene and nicotine stat!

Nice mugs, I has a PAC man mug :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

only a weee bit :-)

Afternoon lair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

epic mug shim. LOVING IT. i has huge mug like that too, but i generally canni drink that much tea.

ok my friggin heart. sat here writing the top part of the post when the front door opens and someone runs in screaming. it was i one of the lads from the special needs group that does be up the road on wednesdays. dunno how he got seperated from the group but he TERRIFIED my cats, TERRIFIED me, couldn't get him to answer me when i asked was he ok. he proceeded to trash my house, putting cds in the fridge, taking stuff out of cases, opening cupboards. i had no idea what to do. then he legged it out again :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

That could be a mite unsettling. Have you called someone from the group?

hdowney wrote: »
    epic mug shim. LOVING IT. i has huge mug like that too, but i generally canni drink that much tea.

ok my friggin heart. sat here writing the top part of the post when the front door opens and someone runs in screaming. it was i one of the lads from the special needs group that does be up the road on wednesdays. dunno how he got seperated from the group but he TERRIFIED my cats, TERRIFIED me, couldn't get him to answer me when i asked was he ok. he proceeded to trash my house, putting cds in the fridge, taking stuff out of cases, opening cupboards. i had no idea what to do. then he legged it out again :(

Are you sure it wasn't just a lad acting the maggot? CDs in the fridge sounds a bit planned to me.

Frak me! Anyone tearing into and through my house would be lucky to get out in one piece - special needs or not. I'd be reporting it to the Gardaí, Social Welfare and the management of whoever's meant to be supervising and threatening to unleash a nuclear holocaust.

That could be a mite unsettling. Have you called someone from the group?

i don't actually know the group (know them to see - mam said that they do be up the road on a wednesday) so wouldn't know who to call. he also went in my neighbours two doors down, letting her dog out onto the main road. she called the cops. dunno what has happened with them.
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't just a lad acting the maggot? CDs in the fridge sounds a bit planned to me.

it wasn't. i think he has downs and autism and things. i do recognise him from the group, from when they bring them round the town to help them buy stuff in shops and stuff. i don't think id have minded so much if it was a lad acting the maggot, i'da just kicked his arse!

Frak me! Anyone tearing into and through my house would be lucky to get out in one piece - special needs or not. I'd be reporting it to the Gardaí, Social Welfare and the management of whoever's meant to be supervising and threatening to unleash a nuclear holocaust.

good job my dogs were in the back garden or the chap woulda been bit to buggery

• Advertisement

I keep a Bat'Leth in my room and my softball bat in the sitting room, mine is not a house to be fupped about with. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I keep a Bat'Leth in my room and my softball bat in the sitting room, mine is not a house to be fupped about with. :)
    I have a bokken in my bedroom, and a few surprises in the computer room. You will take your life in your hands entering my basement as well.

a wha shim? and a wha wolfie?

Bat'Leth:Klingon sword of honor
    [IMG]http://team_trek.tripod.com/bear/batleth.gif[/IMG]

Bokken:Wooden copy of a katana
    white-oak-bokken.jpg

Bat'Leth:Klingon sword of honor
    [IMG]http://team_trek.tripod.com/bear/batleth.gif[/IMG]

Bokken:Wooden copy of a katana
    white-oak-bokken.jpg

the first pic didn't show :(

A Bat'leth: batleth.jpg

A Bokken:
    weapons-bokken-with-scabbar.jpg

Edit: LOL, SNAP!

Either of yiz better not come to my house, what i have, beats all of yours hands down ;)

Also, FAB mug Shim, definitely beats mine for volume!!!

Few, you keep SAYING that Elmo holds more volume than mine, but there has been NO PROOF!!! Pics or GTFO!!!! (sorry, have wanted to say that ever since i joined boards :D:D:D )

The only diff there Shim is my choice of surprise for intruders is technically non-lethal

Either of yiz better not come to my house, what i have, beats all of yours hands down ;)
    That's not all I have

• Advertisement

Few, you keep SAYING that Elmo holds more volume than mine, but there has been NO PROOF!!! Pics or GTFO!!!! (sorry, have wanted to say that ever since i joined boards :D:D:D )

No Elmo til I see your edits in a red Lil Missy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement