Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Loophole: They're not called Laptops, they're called note-BOOKS :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

That is madness. It would be better for the DOE to just buy a certain amount of textbooks per course and hand them out. I'd say the proportion of students that actually spend that money on books is tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

In fairness, €300 of it is going to my mam for paying my fee's at the start of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

In fairness, €300 of it is going to my mam for paying my fee's at the start of the year

I'm not talking about you specifically, but to label €500 for books is just mad. Is that part of the BTEA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

You gonna put up a pic of the Elmo mug now, Few?? ;)
    I kept my end of the bargain ;);)

• Advertisement

BadGirl wrote: »
    You gonna put up a pic of the Elmo mug now, Few?? ;)
    I kept my end of the bargain ;);)

But I don't have a camera :(

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'm not talking about you specifically, but to label €500 for books is just mad. Is that part of the BTEA?

Its called a book allowance, but if you read up on it its basically a start up grant for fee's, books etc that's part of the btea

But I don't have a camera :(

Boooooooooooooooooooooo :P

Its called a book allowance, but if you read up on it its basically a start up grant for fee's, books etc that's part of the btea

I'm sorry, I can't deal with anything real at the moment...

WHY THE **** IS HE JUST TWINKLING?! HE'S A GOD DAMN VAMPIRE! HE SHOULDN'T ENJOY THE SUN!!!!

I'm sorry, I can't deal with anything real at the moment...

WHY THE **** IS HE JUST TWINKLING?! HE'S A GOD DAMN VAMPIRE! HE SHOULDN'T ENJOY THE SUN!!!!

Ya don't see this one sparkling in the sun do ya??? the rain suits him muuuuuuuucccccchhhhhhh better...... ;);)

taylor_lautner_new_moon_shirtless2.jpg

BG wipes the drool off the keyboard.... :p:p:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

SUCH a long day! So busy that I only had time to eat a yogurt, an apple and a teeny salad for lunch. Oh, and a biscuit at a meeting around 8pm.

So I just bought myself a great big greasy chipper meal. SO DAMN DELICIOUS!

BadGirl wrote: »
    Ya don't see this one sparkling in the sun do ya??? the rain suits him muuuuuuuucccccchhhhhhh better...... ;);)

taylor_lautner_new_moon_shirtless2.jpg

BG wipes the drool off the keyboard.... :p:p:p:p:p

Where's his long hair gone?
    jokettle wrote: »
    SUCH a long day! So busy that I only had time to eat a yogurt, an apple and a teeny salad for lunch. Oh, and a biscuit at a meeting around 8pm.

So I just bought myself a great big greasy chipper meal. SO DAMN DELICIOUS!

Hmmm... I had a similar day, but then cooked two steaks. Boomf.

Where's his long hair gone?

His long hair made him a very shaggy werewolf.... was easier to be a werewolf with shorter hair.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Until we have our steak-off, I'm calling this one a draw :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Let's not get into THAT particular book & film franchise where young girls learn that it's ok to be in an abusive relationship and that if you just love him enough, he'll stop abusing you...

Spectacularly terrible stuff.

Until we have our steak-off, I'm calling this one a draw :cool:

Two steaks > chipper. Two steaks cooked in with a red wine jus. Boom. BOOM I say! (Though not Boom, pretty sure she's a weiner when it comes to food :P )

Two steaks > chipper. Two steaks cooked in with a red wine jus. Boom. BOOM I say! (Though not Boom, pretty sure she's a weiner when it comes to food :P )

Few, I was so hungry 40 minutes ago I would have eaten leftovers from the nearest restaurant's kitchen. Or lasagna (I hate lasagna). Point is, at that stage of hunger it all tastes the same to me! Just get enough throat lube* on it and wolf it down.

*Throat lube = mayo/ketchup/condiment of your choice, to ease the passage of food from mouth to throat to tummy. Heinz ketchup is my preferred choice.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Let's not get into THAT particular book & film franchise where young girls learn that it's ok to be in an abusive relationship and that if you just love him enough, he'll stop abusing you...

But but but... now they're playing baseball.

Why didn't anyone explain how silly this movie is, I would have watched it looooong ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Don't forget girls! Without your man, you are nothing! If you don't have a man, you are nothing! If he leaves you, it's your fault! Hurrah!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

its not just for books as far as I'm aware,its partly for books and to help students with college fees/expenses etc

• Advertisement

its not just for books as far as I'm aware,its partly for books and to help students with college fees/expenses etc

But... but... if you're getting the BTEA, surely your fees are paid for... and are you also still getting the dole?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I hate lasagna.
    Get out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

But... but... if you're getting the BTEA, surely your fees are paid for... and are you also still getting the dole?

no as far as I'm aware your fees aren't paid for and ya you get your weekly 188 or whatever it is,not everyone gets this grant though,my brother didn't,you have meet certain requirements.

Nope, you pay them yourself.

Crap! Am I missing Twilight????

its nearly over now :O

That seems silly. Why give people money when they just have to give it back? And how do they expect people to gain the capital to pay the fees?

Twilight is actually terrible. I've just watched it. Tis perhaps one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few stinkers.

Get out.

But I like it here!

Also, make me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

But I like it here!

Also, make me.
    *Books flight*
    I'll see you in five days

*Books flight*
    I'll see you in five days

Oh, it's on.

• Advertisement

its nearly over now :O

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    That seems silly. Why give people money when they just have to give it back? And how do they expect people to gain the capital to pay the fees?

Because our government works in many weird and not so wonderful ways!
    Twilight is actually terrible. I've just watched it. Tis perhaps one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few stinkers.

It's a terrible, terrible movie, and they only get worse!! But he's a babe so I will most definitely be going to see the new one :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement