Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Doo doo doo da do da doo da doo. Ugh, up at 6am, the boss man is starting work earlier tomorrow and so must I. :(

Such things don't happen in our office and my boss wakes up at 5am! :o Half hour of my video left, feeling tired so straight to the leaba once it's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Good! Somehow managed to get ahead of the workload (late nights ftw), so I can coast for a bit. Still commuting, srs business. Two of my budgies are as well, though, so I'm not on my lonesome on the bus.
    Not so bad so, it's a fairly okish commute to dublin from us now, i used to commute to sandyford, was a bitch, before the last section of the N11/M50 was done.... used to take 1.25 - 1.5 hours in the morning. I was going to Liffey Valley on Monday morning, and even with a 6 car pile up at Bray, all the rubberneckers and a 15 min delay, i still managed to get there in an hour.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

According to twitter Steve jobs has passed away. Sad.

According to twitter Steve jobs has passed away. Sad.
    That the guy from Apple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

BadGirl wrote: »
    even with a 6 car pile up at Bray, all the rubberneckers and a 15 min delay, i still managed to get there in an hour.....
    Whah. I was in an hour and twenty later than usual because of it, how did you manage that time?

• Advertisement

That the guy from Apple?

Yeah, he was suffering with cancer

Whah. I was in an hour and twenty later than usual because of it, how did you manage that time?

Was driving... I passed it about 7.30 maybe 7.40 so maybe it hadn't happened long, probably just got lucky.......
    Yeah, he was suffering with cancer

:( F*ckin cancer, rotten B*stard should just F*CK OFF.......... :(:(

watching this on youtube atm, God, I ADORE that movie....

http://youtu.be/DerC_9Psdlw

Indeed! Horrible thing!

Jobs is dead? Fantastic. I was only saying on Monday that I'll be glad when he's gone. A prick in a turtle neck that has turned personal computing into a fashion parade and perfected little more than the art of creating very pretty but massively overpriced and dumbed down products that you're expected to go and spend more money on every single year because it's not "fashionable" to stick with tech that works or that you're expected to engage your grey matter and learn how it works.

**** you Jobs and all belonging to you.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Jobs is dead? Fantastic. I was only saying on Monday that I'll be glad when he's gone. A prick in a turtle neck that has turned personal computing into a fashion parade and perfected little more than the art of creating very pretty but massively overpriced and dumbed down products that you're expected to go and spend more money on every single year because it's not "fashionable" to stick with tech that works or that you're expected to engage your grey matter and learn how it works.

Woaaaaaaah!

I'm not dissing your rant, everyone is entitled to their opinion and all that, i have no love for apple products, but a family has lost a member unnecessarily young at 56 to cancer and that is the bigger point here i think...........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I like to rant....

There's still family and friends that are gonna mourn the loss of a relatively young loved one. By all means diss his company, his work ethic and his company, but not those 'belonging to him'. Thats a bit harsh!

Kojak wrote: »
    I like to rant....
    you also like to ask the same questions over and over again in the ask a Q thread!!! :p:p:p:p:p

There's still family and friends that are gonna mourn the loss of a relatively young loved one. By all means diss his company, his work ethic and his products, but not those 'belonging to him'. Thats a bit harsh!

Yea, frak cancer and all that, not saying I'm glad Cancer won, I am saying I'm glad that someone I thought has been a bad influence on an area of life that's important to me can no longer influence it.

Also - I don't think any of the Jobs family reads the Nocturnal forum...

you also like to ask the same questions over and over again in the ask a Q thread!!! :p:p:p:p:p

Lies, Lies, Lies.....

Yea, frak cancer and all that, not saying I'm glad Cancer won, I am saying I'm glad that someone I thought has been a bad influence on an area of life that's important to me can no longer influence it.

Also - I don't think any of the Jobs family reads the Nocturnal forum...

The sentiment still carries!

Sorry, I don't subscribe to this notion that you don't speak ill of the dead. It would be hypocritical of me to say otherwise as my opinions on Apple and Jobs are well documented.

• Advertisement

Lies, Lies, Lies.....

Hmmm, ya think??? ;)

I'm not paid to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Feeling... need... to defend... Apple....

Superior OS... and user experience... have never had my mac breakdown once. When I bought my Mac, an equivalent Dell would have cost nearly the same. It's as fashionable to attack Mac as it is to own a Mac, just depends what herd you fall into.
    Plus, if we're talking Jobs, sure he went off an built up a software company for years before coming back to Apple, it's not like all he did was champion style/content. It's about the user experience. Why would I as a user be happier with a less user friendly experience? Baffles me.
    Always irritated by Apple's control on various things, then day one of my MSc the programming lecturer spelt it out and suddenly it made perfect sense.

I'm not paid to think.

Wow.... that's deep.....

What ARE you paid to do? Are you gonna go to the halloween beers? or do you value your anonymity too much?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I think the problem here is we have a schism developing between the technically minded and the aesthetically minded. Shim, Few there is only one way for you two to settle this.

Rapier duel at midnight.

Wow.... that's deep.....

What ARE you paid to do? Are you gonna go to the halloween beers? or do you value your anonymity too much?

When is it on?

I've never thought their OS experience was superior, I couldn't work it out nor find the things I wanted to find in it. In all my days working tech support, OS X and Windows Fista were the only things that caused me trouble.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Have a good night folks. I off to my fun and exciting job once more.

Have a good night folks. I off to my fun and exciting job once more.
    Night Wolfie x, bring me back a donut pls?????????????

• Advertisement

That's all anyone ever wants from me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement