Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

hdowney wrote: »
    ah don't feel inadequate i am about to become a culinary arts student so its in the blood.

and i agree we all have off days (or weeks in my case :o)

In the blood or on the CAO form? :) Ah, must say culinary arts students are the best people to become chums with... many a time I've been in a nightclub and had pastries appear in front of me. Excellent times :D
    Cooking is excellent fun too, love to experiment in the kitchen.
    ditto. zumba dvds, zumba classes, no wine (*sob*) no fatty foods, take out etc. this is going to hurt.

evening by the way.

back in a min *scurries off to find a frying pan and chop some veggies*

See... this no fatty foods lark is something that now strikes me as bizarre. I've been on a low carb diet for just over a month and I'm currently at the lowest weight I've been in three years, my shirts are too loose and I may possibly be down two jean sizes (well, more like 1 and a half... I'm not going to try two sizes below, I can't remember the last time I was two sizes smaller, certainly at least 15 years or so.)
    So, no fatty foods strikes me as odd, because all I'm eating now is protein and fats.

jokettle wrote: »
    Yay, exercise talk! And for once I'm not being sarcastic ;)

I'm just in from a run and then did some weights/pilates things in the sitting room. I'm on Operation Lose a stone/a few inches all over/get fitter....the title of the Operation needs work, I'll admit :P

You struck me as a bit of a skinny mini when we met. I now wonder at the logic of your operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Fewcifur wrote: »
    You struck me as a bit of a skinny mini when we met. I now wonder at the logic of your operation.

My logic is, I had a ballgown in second year that I tried on last month for an event I thought I might go to, and it didn't zip up all the way. Plus, I went shopping for interview clothes a few days ago (even though I won't have interviews for about 6 months) and my tummy was a bit too prominent in the clothes I chose. My laziness of the past few months combined with my surge in junk food intake has taken its toll!

I'm going to fit into those interview clothes and look damn good :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It was good....I think :rolleyes: Feckin' sambucha :( I crawled in the door at about 5 this morning....woke up at 12 and felt like id been hit by a truck, it really wasn't pleasant. Loads of people ditched to go to that fibbers foam party, not impressed!

And I got a bit..... text happy last night... No one took my phone off me :(:( Oh the shame!

But on the plus side, there's a pizza winging its way to me as we speak. Pizza cures all ailments!

Could you not go to the foam party? who were you txting???

spill we need some juicy gossip.:p

Yay, exercise talk! And for once I'm not being sarcastic ;)

I'm just in from a run and then did some weights/pilates things in the sitting room. I'm on Operation Lose a stone/a few inches all over/get fitter....the title of the Operation needs work, I'll admit :P

you probably only need to lose 6lb and tone up. what size are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

hondasam wrote: »
    you probably only need to lose 6lb and tone up. what size are you?

Size 10, just about! I'm 5'7 and hovering far too close to 11 stone for my liking. Somewhere between 9.5 and 10 stone is good for me, anything below that and I look ill.

I'm going to go by dress size more than weight for now, because 1) I don't own a weighing scales and 2) it's the general fitness/toned/health thing I'm more interested in, losing fat will just be a nice side effect. I'm reading a lot on the health and fitness forum and gotten some great tips there :) It's slightly intimidating! But incredibly useful :)

My logic is, I had a ballgown in second year that I tried on last month for an event I thought I might go to, and it didn't zip up all the way. Plus, I went shopping for interview clothes a few days ago (even though I won't have interviews for about 6 months) and my tummy was a bit too prominent in the clothes I chose. My laziness of the past few months combined with my surge in junk food intake has taken its toll!

I'm going to fit into those interview clothes and look damn good :cool:

Ah fair enough so. Must say clothes were the bigger trigger in my head. My biggest shirts were looking a bit strained, so I went bam - nuclear option. Now the feckers look too loose! GAH! Though I'm getting close to my aspiration shirt and jeans combo.

Size 10, just about! I'm 5'7 and hovering far too close to 11 stone for my liking. Somewhere between 9.5 and 10 stone is good for me, anything below that and I look ill.

I'm going to go by dress size more than weight for now, because 1) I don't own a weighing scales and 2) it's the general fitness/toned/health thing I'm more interested in, losing fat will just be a nice side effect. I'm reading a lot on the health and fitness forum and gotten some great tips there :) It's slightly intimidating! But incredibly useful :)
    Ah fair enough so. Must say clothes were the bigger trigger in my head. My biggest shirts were looking a bit strained, so I went bam - nuclear option. Now the feckers look too loose! GAH! Though I'm getting close to my aspiration shirt and jeans combo.

Weighting scales should be banned, your clothes are the best thing to go by.
    Few you did really well, a month is great and no cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

See... this no fatty foods lark is something that now strikes me as bizarre. I've been on a low carb diet for just over a month and I'm currently at the lowest weight I've been in three years, my shirts are too loose and I may possibly be down two jean sizes (well, more like 1 and a half... I'm not going to try two sizes below, I can't remember the last time I was two sizes smaller, certainly at least 15 years or so.)
    So, no fatty foods strikes me as odd, because all I'm eating now is protein and fats.

Low carb rocks. Much easier to stick to than low fat. Carbs are my enemy, they make me feel bloated and sluggish and the only successful weightloss i've ever had, has been while restricting carbs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Could you not go to the foam party? who were you txting???

spill we need some juicy gossip.:p

I didn't want to spend my birthday drinks soaking wet and smelly! Plus, i had my drinks organised before fibbers announced the foam party and loads just jumped ship!

Ill never tell! Lets just say my sent box makes for a very interesting read :pac:

• Advertisement

I didn't want to spend my birthday drinks soaking wet and smelly! Plus, i had my drinks organised before fibbers announced the foam party and loads just jumped ship!

Ill never tell! Lets just say my sent box makes for a very interesting read :pac:

Glad you had a good night! I'm a tinker for drunk texting too, usually am SCARLET reading through my texts the next day :D

You said you were furious.

And yes, low carb seems to be the way to roll alright.

BadGirl wrote: »
    Glad you had a good night! I'm a tinker for drunk texting too, usually am SCARLET reading through my texts the next day :D

Im a divil for it! Normally i have someone to hide my phone, but not last night!
    You said you were furious.

I was furious. With you. Just you!

I was furious. With you. Just you!

Orly? I just assumed it was a group text :D

Orly? I just assumed it was a group text :D

Wait....what did i text you??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

In the blood or on the CAO form? :) Ah, must say culinary arts students are the best people to become chums with... many a time I've been in a nightclub and had pastries appear in front of me. Excellent times :D
    Cooking is excellent fun too, love to experiment in the kitchen.

in the blood AND on the cao form! LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook.

see i have a problem with fats, too much fats and i end up writhin on the floor in pain howling like a kicked dog! not pretty. and dairy!

Wait....what did i text you??

I'll never telllllllllll...
    in the blood AND on the cao form! LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook.

see i have a problem with fats, too much fats and i end up writhin on the floor in pain howling like a kicked dog! not pretty. and dairy!

Problem with dairy? Egads, then you are in somewhat of a pickle.

I'll never telllllllllll...

Problem with dairy? Egads, then you are in somewhat of a pickle.

we are not sure what is wrong with me, but the most gut wreching god awful pain in the stomach ever

I'll never telllllllllll....

Sentbox is my friend today. Sore feets..ppft...

we are not sure what is wrong with me, but the most gut wreching god awful pain in the stomach ever

Did you once upon a time swallow a razor sharp Krusty O ?

• Advertisement

You ever been checked for gallstones??

Did you once upon a time swallow a razor sharp Krusty O ?

ah wha?
    You ever been checked for gallstones??

i have and there are none aparantly!

Im totes shaving my head. Hair is too much work.

Aw Don't shave it CC, it's gorgeous x

you having a bad hair day :D

believe me don't cut your hair off. i was in EXACTLY the same boat, hair drivin me demented. so i got it cut off. bleedin thing was WAY more effort when it was short. AAAAND it took FOREVER longer than usual to grow back :(:mad:

Its a pain in the bum! It's needs to be coloured and I just cant be arsed!
    you having a bad hair day :D

Bad hair few weeks!

mother of god it is tomorrow morning. EEEEPSVILLE.

my driving test is at 10:05 in the morning. i am NERVOUS, and think i may possibly have drank too much tonite

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Evening Lair.

• Advertisement

Evening Lair.

Hi Wolfie, you ok?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'm great now that I've slept.

mother of god it is tomorrow morning. EEEEPSVILLE.

my driving test is at 10:05 in the morning. i am NERVOUS, and think i may possibly have drank too much tonite

good luck with it, you really should not be drinking tonite.
    Evening Lair.

Hey wolfie.

How goes it sam?

good luck with it, you really should not be drinking tonite.

Hey wolfie.

ah i don't think i drank much and i finished it off nice and early. don't want any drink in my system in the morning :) just the nerves now. pls god i be fine. i know i can drive, it is just the whole 'test' environment that puts me off :)

gonna try get some sleep tonite.

nite lair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Hey everyone :D

Went out last night and had the worst hangover today but I slept it off so I am not really sleepy now.

Watching The Big Bang Theory :) Sheldon is a legend :D

Night hdowney, best of luck. Ah Dr. Cooper, the man is legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

ah i don't think i drank much and i finished it off nice and early. don't want any drink in my system in the morning :) just the nerves now. pls god i be fine. i know i can drive, it is just the whole 'test' environment that puts me off :)

nite lair

good luck in the morning, im crap at the whole test thing too:(

evening y'all

managed to reverse into another car today so bye bye savings:mad:

good luck in the morning, im crap at the whole test thing too:(

evening y'all

managed to reverse into another car today so bye bye savings:mad:

hi hope, I know we were chatting earlier about it but did you report it?
    have you accepted blame?

hi hope, I know we were chatting earlier about it but did you report it?
    have you accepted blame?

i reversed into her therefore its my fault regardless of weather she came across to close or not, going to ring the insurance in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Hey all how's things?

i reversed into her therefore its my fault regardless of weather she came across to close or not, going to ring the insurance in the morning

Thats rough. i hope it wont cost you too much

Thats rough. i hope it wont cost you too much

hopefully not very litte damage done to the other car just some cosmetic damage

Hey all how's things?
    I surviving

nite lair

See, my fear is not being able to drive but passing my test. My flatmate did that earlier this year. So many things he can't do behind the wheel, but he did enough to pass the test so now he's no different than other license holders... which strikes me with fear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Hi everyone. Just got back from nursing home. Starved= grabbed some cold water and crackers. How is everyone tonight?

Hiya Deki, and Few.

hopefully not very litte damage done to the other car just some cosmetic damage

thats good hop it works out
    I surviving

in a normal way or a bear gryles way? :D
    Deki wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just got back from nursing home. Starved= grabbed some cold water and crackers. How is everyone tonight?

Not too bad you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

hey Few, Wolf and Flying, not bad was pleased to find cousin not rocking back and forth with pain, she is much better I think. Think I'll bake something tomorrow before the heat returns.

Deki wrote: »
    hey Few, Wolf and Flying, not bad was pleased to find cousin not rocking back and forth with pain, she is much better I think. Think I'll bake something tomorrow before the heat returns.

That's good about your cousin. oooh what you going to bake?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement