Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

hondasam wrote: »
    Make sure you do, I think you would be great in bar work. let me know how you get on

Because I'd flirt with everyone? :pac:

Thanks, will do shure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Because I'd flirt with everyone? :pac:

Thanks, will do shure!

Because you are outgoing, friendly, good with people and the general public.
    Been able to flirt is a bonus I'm sure:p

Aw shucks :o

I used to be really shy but more recently I've begun to think feck it, might as well go out and put myself out there!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You know, Bar Work used to be treated like a trade in this country. You'd work collecting the glasses and washing up and then you'd learn how to tap a keg and how to gas the line and only after all that, you'd learn how to pour a pint :) It's not rocket science, but like all things, there's a right way and a wrong way and it's always better to have someone who's been doing it for several years to explain the ins and outs of it. Different drinks behave in a different way when you're pouring and there's any number of factors involved that can make or break a pint :)

Sam however has it absolutely right AH - you should start with a hotel. Longer and later hours than a bar, but they're more likely to take on a n00b (warning - you will just be doing glass collection and cleaning and if you're unlucky, polishing) and you can pick things up as you go.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Sam however has it absolutely right AH - you should start with a hotel. Longer and later hours than a bar, but they're more likely to take on a n00b (warning - you will just be doing glass collection and cleaning and if you're unlucky, polishing) and you can pick things up as you go.

I have 0 problem with that. I'd be glad to be at least working!

• Advertisement

Aw shucks :o

I used to be really shy but more recently I've begun to think feck it, might as well go out and put myself out there!

Always remember you are as good as everyone else, head up, smiley face and greet the public. People in bars at night can be rude, don't take it to heart it's the drink but don't let people walk all over you either.

Good advice from Shim there as well. We are all looking out for ya AH :)

Always remember you are as good as everyone else, head up, smiley face and greet the public. People in bars at night can be rude, don't take it to heart it's the drink but don't let people walk all over you either.

Good advice from Shim there as well. We are all looking out for ya AH :)

Oh I know, I never take anything personally tbh.

Aww, ye're all like a bunch of mammies and daddies to me!

Try golf clubs and the like, they can be handy numbers.

Wouldn't like to work in a hotel again...I was in the kitchen, not the bar though.

Oh I know, I never take anything personally tbh.

Aww, ye're all like a bunch of mammies and daddies to me!

you are our little baby boy :p
    want to come for a cuddle:D

Hi Kote

want to come for a cuddle:D

Ooooooooooooh Yeah! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I detest staying in work late. I'm giving it another 30 minutes, and then I'm going home. And I'm going to buy some junk food and demolish it all and then go to the gym tomorrow and work of all the anger and extra calories. Rowing machine, heed this warning!

Edit: Hm, the Linux machine appears to have given up the ghost. This means no more work.....maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I may have bought too many new things.... But one of them is an awesome new top so Im happppppppy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ugh, my colleague keeps ****ing up. I keep saving their ass. Today I noticed a **** up in the making, so I pointed it out by asking her some questions, trying to make her realise her mistake. She didn't, and acted like I was stupid for asking my questions, then when she finally realised she got into a huff and said "stop sniping, try to be a professional"... but... I wasn't sniping. I might have been chuckling at her complete lack of cop on, but I was deliberately not having a go. She spent the rest of the day sulking. I can't work with someone like this.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

The Master wrote: »
    :D got a work transfer I've been pushing for for months, Oh happy day!!

Yay! Transfer location or just position?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ugh, my colleague keeps ****ing up. I keep saving their ass. Today I noticed a **** up in the making, so I pointed it out by asking her some questions, trying to make her realise her mistake. She didn't, and acted like I was stupid for asking my questions, then when she finally realised she got into a huff and said "stop sniping, try to be a professional"... but... I wasn't sniping. I might have been chuckling at her complete lack of cop on, but I was deliberately not having a go. She spent the rest of the day sulking. I can't work with someone like this.

I'm sure she is saying the exact same thing right now:p
    Did she really sulk all day? did you try make it up to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Evening all :)
    it's been a long day today, but quite productive thankfully, apart from the sit in traffic earlier because some people had a crash :(

Sorry, have read back over all the posts but not remembering much, Congrats Master on the Job,
    Squishy, safe driving in your new car!
    Few, DOOOO ITTTTT!!! :D:D
    Atavan, hope you pick up something soon,, (P.S, i think your ears were burning at 6am this morning when i was getting up for work LOL)
    Hi to Sam, and GF, and CC and Jo and anyone else i've missed x x

Off to get dinner, back later :)

BadGirl wrote: »
    Atavan, hope you pick up something soon,, (P.S, i think your ears were burning at 6am this morning when i was getting up for work LOL)

Did you feel them?:eek:

Did you feel them?:eek:

LOL, you are quick off the mark Sam :D:D
    No, i meant i was cursing him crooked even though it wasn't REALLY him that kept me up so late last night LOL

LOL, you are quick off the mark Sam :D:D
    No, i meant i was cursing him crooked even though it wasn't REALLY him that kept me up so late last night LOL

How was he involved in keeping you up all night, this hole you are digging is getting bigger:D

*BG backs away and puts the shovel down*

:D:D

Ah no, just a bit of chat and banter in the Lair last night, was too late when i finally closed laptop and went to bed :D:D

• Advertisement

*BG backs away and puts the shovel down*

:D:D

Ah no, just a bit of chat and banter in the Lair last night, was too late when i finally closed laptop and went to bed :D:D

ya ya we believe you BG, I was chatting to that cheeky monkey today, I knew he was hiding something.

wait until I get him later.:p

*Giggles*

*Giggles*

I'm glad you find it funny AH, I knew you were hiding something.:p
    BG is a bad bad influence on you.

I'm glad you find it funny AH, I knew you were hiding something.:p
    BG is a bad bad influence on you.

Well she isn't called BadGirl for nothing :P

Also got an interview for Friday, woo!

well done, where or what doing?

Fingers crossed for you AH x

well done, where or what doing?

In House of fraser, replenishing christmas stock :pac:
    Fingers crossed for you AH x

Thank yoo!

In House of fraser, replenishing christmas stock :pac:

I'm sure you will get it, will be thinking about you:) good luck not that you need it.

I'm sure you will get it, will be thinking about you:) good luck not that you need it.

Cheers, I'll buy ya a drink if I get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

delighted AH good luck for friday.

watcha buy cc? i am going to dundrum shoppings tomoro

evenin all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement