Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

hdowney wrote: »
    i had potatoes, chicken, stuffing, gravy and peas. and tiramisu for pud

So I am guessing the chicken was a small portion of the meal as a whole then? the chicken is the only thing with protein in that meal and the potatoe and tiramisu are starchs and carbs that are not good for you and will only make you feel hungrier later.

Increase the protein portion and replace the sugar and starchs with fibres like broccoli, cauliflower or green beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

why is that mad

Having "a pud" when you're trying to lose weight. You're in here at least once a day giving out about weight related problems, yet you eat painfully unhealthy food without a second thought.

You can't have your cake and eat it, literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Maguined wrote: »
    So I am guessing the chicken was a small portion of the meal as a whole then? the chicken is the only thing with protein in that meal and the potatoe and tiramisu are starchs and carbs that are not good for you and will only make you feel hungrier later.

Increase the protein portion and replace the sugar and starchs with fibres like broccoli, cauliflower or green beans.

yup small portion. tried to get more but she wasn't forthcoming. and as to those veggies, we didn't have any, nor the money to buy them :(

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Having "a pud" when you're trying to lose weight. You're in here at least once a day giving out about weight related problems, yet you eat painfully unhealthy food without a second thought.

You can't have your cake and eat it, literally.

um i don't remember being in here at least once a day giving out about weight related problems. i was giving out about the illness i had but that is not the same thing. and you are saying a small piece of pud once a week isn't allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It's getting hot in here, so take of all your clothes...

I. AM. GETTING.SO. HAWT. IM. GUNNA. TAKE. MAH CLOOOTHESSS OFF

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Close the curtains first ;)

No!! Everyone must see!! *Dances*

No!! Everyone must see!! *Dances*

*my EYES, my EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS* :D:D

BadGirl wrote: »
    *my EYES, my EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS* :D:D

That will be €10 please:)

um i don't remember being in here at least once a day giving out about weight related problems. i was giving out about the illness i had but that is not the same thing. and you are saying a small piece of pud once a week isn't allowed?

You should look back over your posts in the Lair.

One small piece of pud once a week might be allowed (though really it shouldn't be.) but you're on here all the time going on about eating cakes and sweets and various things. In fact I've noticed a few times you've actually complained about your weight AND then said how you were eating chocolate... in the same post.

I'm no stranger to being overweight, a few months ago I was 21stone. If you complain about it on an online forum you're not going to do anything about it, you're just sharing you moans and getting some sort of group comfort out of it. People share their joys and successes and people gladly encourage them, that's what your non-existant rainbow sig type thing is about, showing your progress.

Do you think people don't notice the complaints and then also pick up on the "oh I'm just having a mars bar" type posts? Until you make a genuine attempt at changing, nobody is going to take you seriously when you complain. I know, I spent years saying stuff like "oh, I should really go on a diet." and then I'd just allow myself that almond croissant with my coffee. No dice. You need a zero tolerance when you're strolling through the realms of hyper obesity. One pud a week, that's the kind of talk that people go on about when they're trying to go from a size 14 down to a size 12. If you've sugars in your system you're going to want more sugars. I've moved house recently, combined with working every hour of my waking day, and I've resorted to buying bars and sandwiches again. I know it's how I got in a bad way in the first place, but now that I've fallen off the horse I have to build up a head of steam to get back on and ride to healthy-weight city.

I'm sorry if this is one big major rant, but loads of the nocs have noticed it going on and for some reason loads of them bitch to me about it, and frankly a policy of openness is best, because it's one thing to kid yourself, but it's a sadder thing altogether to mug yerself in public.
    It's getting hot in here, so take of all your clothes...

I. AM. GETTING.SO. HAWT. IM. GUNNA. TAKE. MAH CLOOOTHESSS OFF

:D

Yes, nudity based excitement all round! :D

• Advertisement

Lets everybody stop talking and all do the dance with no pants!

I'm sorry if this is one big major rant, but loads of the nocs have noticed it going on and for some reason loads of them bitch to me about it, and frankly a policy of openness is best, because it's one thing to kid yourself, but it's a sadder thing altogether to mug yerself in public.

um your sayin nocs have been complaining to you about me? cos i am sorry but i can't stand people who go behind my back and bitch. if they have a problem with me they need to come out and say it.

i agree with your openness and i am going to admit that this week in particular i have fallen off the wagon. i have actually lost some weight since i started that tracker (which i really should update and fix) but this week was just the culmination of a lot of sheite and my willpower broke.

i also agree that in general terms zero tolerance is best, and is going to be what i am going to strive for from now on, as at the moment the little every now and then doesn't seem to be working out so well for me. sugar tho in general is not my main baddy i have noticed. infact i don't have enough sugars in my system! (am hypoglicemic (sp?), but crisps and other savory baddies are my weakness. so no crisps in the house, lack of funds to buy them should certainly help matters. along with more walking in the dismal weather and more zumba classes methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I thought you had scallops in your fridge the other day? They aren't cheap. One could buy a lot of green veg for the same price.

Oddly enough, I was thinking about how much my diet has improved lately today. Cuz I'm at home all the time, I'm cooking meals instead of just eating something to remove hungry.
    I'm eating a one vegetable with each meal and drinking lots of water. :D

I've had to give up caffiene though. :(
    *craves*

reallyrose wrote: »
    I thought you had scallops in your fridge the other day? They aren't cheap. One could buy a lot of green veg for the same price.

Oddly enough, I was thinking about how much my diet has improved lately today. Cuz I'm at home all the time, I'm cooking meals instead of just eating something to remove hungry.

*craves*

they are like cheap frozen scallop thingys (with like breadcrumbs and stuff) from lidl. i wish i could afford proper ones. i intend when i get paid tue to stock up on some good healthy fruit and veg. glad to say i am not big into caffiene. i drink like 1-2 cups of t per day max. and TONS of water. wine is my drink weakness.

i am going to try drawing up a weekly meal plan for dinners and sticking to it, to prevent any lapses to things like takeaways. anyone find this helpful? particularly when you are quite busy?

i do really take on board fews comments, need to kick my ass into gear. talking about it is fabulous, but doing is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Maybe prepare a few dinners and freeze them, that way if you dint have the time to cook, you'll always have something there to just defrost instead of getting a takeaway.

That's fine!!! Ill just do the no pants dance all by myself!! :mad::mad:

reallyrose wrote: »

*craves*

Yeah, should be the one positive of becoming jobless. Well, that and the time to spend on actually doing stuff.
    Also killing me is the oven in my new place being kaput. Thankfully they'll fix it pretty quickly, but still, these last few days have been zero cooking centres.

I gav up caffeine too but just loved a tasty coffee too much to stay off it. May give it up again next week. I'll certainly save on coffee (which will prevent muffin adventures.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That's fine!!! Ill just do the no pants dance all by myself!! :mad::mad:

But I'm pantsless all the time. Sunday is the only night I get to wear pants and you made me take them off. I hope you're happy :mad:

You people are crazy, caffeine is the shiz for losing weight, when I am in training mode I take caffeine tablets to really help boost the metabolism and sweat like a pedo in a playground.

Rose is excused as caffeine attacks her brainz but the rest of you caffeine haters should be ashamed.

But I'm pantsless all the time. Sunday is the only night I get to wear pants and you made me take them off. I hope you're happy :mad:

Im delirious :D:D:D

• Advertisement

You people are crazy, caffeine is the shiz for losing weight, when I am in training mode I take caffeine tablets to really help boost the metabolism and sweat like a pedo in a playground.

Rose is excused as caffeine attacks her brainz but the rest of you caffeine haters should be ashamed.

I think i'd be a blithering idiot on caffeine tablets :D Do they not interfere with your sleep Mags?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Im delirious :D:D:D

That would explain a lot :pac:

Especially the no-pants bit :p

Solitaire wrote: »
    That would explain a lot :pac:

Especially the no-pants bit :p

Don't be a judgey bear!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Evening Nocs.

I just want to say that Batman Arkham City is currently making an extremely strong case for Game of the Year for me.

Is everyone well?

My poor brainz. ;_;
    withdrawal is attacking my brainz at the moment. Just one hit baby, that's all I need! *twitch*
    Shiminay wrote: »
    Evening Nocs.

I just want to say that Batman Arkham City is currently making an extremely strong case for Game of the Year for me.

Is everyone well?

I've ordered it! *stares at letterbox*

Hey shim! Im quite well all things considered!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

SPLENDIDS Rose! If you enjoyed Arkham Asylum, you should enjoy this. The combat's been tweaked and there's MOAR of everything.

Cupcake - what am I considering? Your lack of pants?

Gah with all the excitement of the BF3 beta I forgot about this, so now I have to split my time between finishing Rage, playing BF3 singleplayer and multiplayer, Batman and real life.

Sorry real life, you are going to get the shaft.

BatmanBatman
    BatmanBatman
    BatmanBatman
    BatmanBatman
    BatmanBatman
    BatmanBatman

WANT

*swoop*

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    SPLENDIDS Rose! If you enjoyed Arkham Asylum, you should enjoy this. The combat's been tweaked and there's MOAR of everything.

Cupcake - what am I considering? Your lack of pants?

Everybody should be pantless on a Sunday night!!
    Sorry real life, you are going to get the shaft.

Giggidy! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement