Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Moar frosting!

Damnit, get that man a Nobel Prize in Tubes stat! It's that sort of genius thinking that's gonna make you a star.

In other news, I've started to read your first book at last :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy goose!! :D:D:D

4397363.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Shiminay wrote: »
    In other news, I've started to read your first book at last :)

Oh cool! Look forward to hearing what ya think! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

It looks as though my laptop is well and truly buggered. The money I was trying to save for a car is now earmarked for laptop repair/new laptop. God DAMN it.

jokettle wrote: »
    It looks as though my laptop is well and truly buggered. The money I was trying to save for a car is now earmarked for laptop repair/new laptop. God DAMN it.

Car laptop? Get yourself a Macbook Pro, truly the VW Golf of the laptop world.

• Advertisement

Car laptop? Get yourself a Macbook Pro, truly the VW Golf of the laptop world.

Many people have said this to me, but for some reason I remain suspicious. Sell it to me, Few. Sell it with your eyes! Or, y'know, typed words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Orrr you could not waste all your savings on a mac...? What do you need in a laptop, and what's your budget? I went absolutely all out on mine a year ago, what I spent on an amazing dell would have gotten me one really ****ty mac =/

Many people have said this to me, but for some reason I remain suspicious. Sell it to me, Few. Sell it with your eyes! Or, y'know, typed words.

My peacock eyes apparently. The ****s.

I dunno... they're just great. More reliable OS (get Snow Leopard. Lion scares me). Built out of solid metal. Configured so all the parts work together, rather than random bits and bobs. Great touch sensitive control stuff. I just enjoy them so.

Orrr you could not waste all your savings on a mac...? What do you need in a laptop, and what's your budget? I went absolutely all out on mine a year ago, what I spent on an amazing dell would have gotten me one really ****ty mac =/

Classic response. When I got my Mac I spec-ed out a similar Dell and there was very little in the price difference.

Right -

Macbook Pro - €1499.

Same spec in a Dell - €1863

Case. Rested.

• Advertisement

In a few months I'll be using it to write up my thesis, so right now i need it to not die before that deadline!

Mostly I use it for very low-end stuff; watching movies and wasting time online. I would be willing to spend a decent chunk of money if I could get more than 3 years out of it, which is what my current laptop has lasted. I don't believe in buying a cheap model that would just do; I'd rather buy something quality that is reliable and durable. And shiny.

Right -

Macbook Pro - €1499.

Same spec in a Dell - €1863

Case. Rested.

Oooh. Interesting. Selling your case with money was a good idea too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's all fine and well, but a MacBook pro is a very high spec'd machine (in everything but Graphics and even there it's not appalling, you just won't do any gaming with it, but it's a Mac and you won't do any proper gaming with it anyway).

I'd say a €700 machine would do all you'd want Jo - Toshiba and Acer are solid brands and no one was ever sacked for buying IBM / Lenovo or HP.

The way I'm feeling about it right now, all I want is longevity. This laptop (Dell) is still puttering away, although it shut itself off twice this morning already! I'm backing up everything of importance in anticipation of it going kaput. A proper reserach sesson of potential newbies is in order.

Many thanks for all the advice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Classic response. When I got my Mac I spec-ed out a similar Dell and there was very little in the price difference.

And when I did all my research on my laptop (considered macs also), I ended up spending 1200 on my laptop and the same spec-ed mac costed just over 2000? And also got a gorgeous cover for it :D :P

I'm not saying Dell are amazing, but as a student I could never ever justify buying a mac, maybe in the future when I marry a dying billionaire :P

Shiminay wrote: »
    That's all fine and well, but a MacBook pro is a very high spec'd machine (in everything but Graphics and even there it's not appalling, you just won't do any gaming with it, but it's a Mac and you won't do any proper gaming with it anyway).

I'd say a €700 machine would do all you'd want Jo - Toshiba and Acer are solid brands and no one was ever sacked for buying IBM / Lenovo or HP.

Yeah, very true Shim, sure I did a year's worth of college work on a little MSI netbook.
    And when I did all my research on my laptop (considered macs also), I ended up spending 1200 on my laptop and the same spec-ed mac costed just over 2000? And also got a gorgeous cover for it :D :P

I'm not saying Dell are amazing, but as a student I could never ever justify buying a mac, maybe in the future when I marry a dying billionaire :P

But but but... I just went and did the numbers. Two windows, side-by-side. Quote my other post... the one that shows the price difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just found out that I will have money until payday! *happy*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I do not want to go outside in that rain! Not one little bit. Curses!!!

Ido not want to do outside in that rain! Not one little bit. Curses!!!

Do what who outside in the rain?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Do what who outside in the rain?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dammit :mad::mad::mad::o

• Advertisement

Dammit :mad::mad::mad::o

VP%20Awesome%20Face.png

You're lucky that's cute

You're lucky that's cute

Yeah, I know I am :cool:

34jam89.jpg

....... Meh!

....... Meh!

どうしてそんなに私をいじめる必要があります! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Anyone for stew??? There's duck, rabbit and venison in there :D:D:D

IMAG08381.jpg

BadGirl wrote: »
    Anyone for stew??? There's duck, rabbit and venison in there :D:D:D

IMAG08381.jpg

I would but I'm too full after the stew last night :P

I just made my own stew. I've taken to just throwing everything together and hoping for the best; I call it "Chicken and Stuff Surprise" or "Meat etc".

Ugh, that was so hard to do, the worst is yet to come. Churches smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I just made my own stew.

Ooooh Randy!

Hehehe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement