Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

morning Nocts:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

hdowney wrote: »
    nah for me it is very much the other way. I CAN drive, i think i can drive better than a lot of the idiots who got their licences, but in test situations i panic, and i think that affects my driving somewhat. this is test number 3 so please god it will be lucky number 3 and the last one.

didn't sleep a wink last night, should have just stayed in the lair but oh well. ARGH I AM PANICKING RIGHT NOW!

Wow, what did you fail the first 3 tests on?
    koth wrote: »
    morning Nocts:)

Morning good sir.

I'm moving office today! I am excited! Ok, so I'm moving from my own office that was bigger than my old apartment and into a big shared office, but, I do enjoy the process of moving regardless. YAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Wow, what did you fail the first 3 tests on?

Morning good sir.

I'm moving office today! I am excited! Ok, so I'm moving from my own office that was bigger than my old apartment and into a big shared office, but, I do enjoy the process of moving regardless. YAY!

no i failed two previous ones. first one i wasn't ready for. second one i failed for not reacting properly to hazards (aka i didn't kill the man who jumped out in front of me!) i was gonna appeal that one, but my car broke and was broke for months and therefore no point appealing.

Helen is in a bad mood rite now :mad: Helen failed AGAIN. damn new car, damn crappy 'corner' for reversing round (load of crap) and damn me for reversing wrong and going onto the wrong side of the road. didn't have long to practice in the car, only had it two weeks and it was in the mechanics for a couple days

Morning good sir.

Everythings just one big adventure with you :P:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Greetings Nocs...

• Advertisement

Hiya Shiminay:)

how did the weekend treat ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Morning All...

Greetings BZ:)

Hiya Shiminay:)

how did the weekend treat ya?

At first, very well, then yesterday - not well.

I am officially middle aged I think - when 5 cans leave you so hung over that you can't even function then you're in trouble. I wanted to spend all day yesterday playing Deus Ex, but I was in really bad shape all day with hangover and it was all I could do to get myself together enough to watch the MLG Starcraft 2 tournament from the couch.

Shiminay wrote: »
    At first, very well, then yesterday - not well.

I am officially middle aged I think - when 5 cans leave you so hung over that you can't even function then you're in trouble. I wanted to spend all day yesterday playing Deus Ex, but I was in really bad shape all day with hangover and it was all I could do to get myself together enough to watch the MLG Starcraft 2 tournament from the couch.

Hate those sort of hangovers. Nothing worse than it sapping all the energy out of you for a whole day.

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    no i failed two previous ones. first one i wasn't ready for. second one i failed for not reacting properly to hazards (aka i didn't kill the man who jumped out in front of me!) i was gonna appeal that one, but my car broke and was broke for months and therefore no point appealing.

Helen is in a bad mood rite now :mad: Helen failed AGAIN. damn new car, damn crappy 'corner' for reversing round (load of crap) and damn me for reversing wrong and going onto the wrong side of the road. didn't have long to practice in the car, only had it two weeks and it was in the mechanics for a couple days

If you can't reverse around the corner, then you may crash into a car when parking. Apparently. They're going to remove that test in the future, so I hear. It's the bit that makes me fear too.
    Everythings just one big adventure with you :P:D

Toadily.
    Shiminay wrote: »
    Greetings Nocs...

Ahoy! How is Deus Ex treating ya? I've been hearing very good things! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Morning Lair! (or good afternoon, whichever takes your fancy!)
    Mondays are a drag... especially when you are the only one in work and your WHOLE team is on a bank holiday........

How is everyone today? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Morning!!!
    BadGirl wrote: »
    Morning Lair! (or good afternoon, whichever takes your fancy!)
    Mondays are a drag... especially when you are the only one in work and your WHOLE team is on a bank holiday........

How is everyone today? :)

Grand and yourself,should you not be off so too?

Morning!!!

Grand and yourself,should you not be off so too?

No :(
    They are all based in the UK and it's a bank holiday there today. I am based in Ireland and it's not a bank holiday here so......
    and, i'm surprisingly busy too.... it's been mental all morning :D

No :(
    They are all based in the UK and it's a bank holiday there today. I am based in Ireland and it's not a bank holiday here so......
    and, i'm surprisingly busy too.... it's been mental all morning :D

And yet there's always time for boards :D

And yet there's always time for boards :D

Just an odd minute here and there, sure you know how it is..... :D:D

Just an odd minute here and there, sure you know how it is..... :D:D

Nah, sure I've never gone on boards in the office...... :pac:

Slow day, so I'm hoping to finish off that bloody short story

Ahoy! How is Deus Ex treating ya? I've been hearing very good things! :)

Really enjoying the first few hours of it, am thinking about a restart because there's a condition of the first mission that if you don't act quick enough to do something, you'll fail, but the game's efforts to point it out to me didn't quite work and I just assumed I had as much time as I wanted to get started on the mission.

Quite clever tbh, but also annoying cause I wasn't thinking the game would treat me that way and expected timed events to trigger when I started the mission :)

A game that actually tells you to rush and then sets a timer without displaying said timer?! My god... it's like real life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm bored of studying for this stupid repeat exam. I did this already! Urgh.

Still, at least this time I'm probably going to pass it. I'm reserving my right to bitch and moan about it, even though my own lack of studying the first time around brought about my demise.

However, if Trinity allowed me to compensate with the exams I did well on, we wouldn't be in this little pickle now, would we?!

• Advertisement

jokettle wrote: »
    I'm bored of studying for this stupid repeat exam. I did this already! Urgh.

Still, at least this time I'm probably going to pass it. I'm reserving my right to bitch and moan about it, even though my own lack of studying the first time around brought about my demise.

However, if Trinity allowed me to compensate with the exams I did well on, we wouldn't be in this little pickle now, would we?!

Is this the one that most people failed too?

Is this the one that most people failed too?

About one third of the class failed this one. I think about one third of the class are sitting each of the repeats; a good few failed 1 exam, about half failed 2 and another good chunk failed all 3. Only about 10 people passed all the first time around. At least I won't be lonely in the exam hall ;)

jokettle wrote: »
    About one third of the class failed this one. I think about one third of the class are sitting each of the repeats; a good few failed 1 exam, about half failed 2 and another good chunk failed all 3. Only about 10 people passed all the first time around. At least I won't be lonely in the exam hall ;)

At least TCD don't charge for repeats.

They didn't charge me to take this course either :cool: It's a postgrad diploma, but because I'm already a registered postgrad student I got to do it for free and saved myself a cool €5,000!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Beep beep

Beep beep

I'm walkin' here!

If you can't reverse around the corner, then you may crash into a car when parking. Apparently. They're going to remove that test in the future, so I hear. It's the bit that makes me fear too.

the 'corner' looked something like this:

|
    |
    __
    |
    |
    __

seriously ffs, there is no way i would ever choose to reverse round a corner like that, especially in a car the size of mine (it is a crappy interpretation but sufice to say it was a crappy corner). also i would NEVER be reversing round a corner to park!

:(
    Sorry you failed... sometimes i think it is purely a money-making racket.... and i agree, i passed my test a looooong time ago and i have never had to use the reverse around the corner yet..... :(

:(
    Sorry you failed... sometimes i think it is purely a money-making racket.... and i agree, i passed my test a looooong time ago and i have never had to use the reverse around the corner yet..... :(

money making is right. cost me 80odd quid to fail the thing, now to apply again is another massive amount of money that i just don't have. but i seriously need to pass the thing. mind you whilst i am saving the pennies bit by bit i will be reversing round corners, particularly that nasty one almost daily!

• Advertisement

I failed a driving test on the reversing around the corner bit, because two dogs were around the corner playing on the road. I knew the area, it was rough as fcuk, and I knew the dogs were not intimidated by cars so wouldn't move out of my way. I also knew the dog owners were the type to give untold hassle if I injured one of the pets. So I requested a different corner, the instructor said no because the dogs would move. The dogs didn't move, I took the corner wide so as not to hit them, and failed the test.

Really should have contested that one, I was so bloody angry! I changed test centres and did the next one in Dublin, learned the new routes with a fantastic teacher who I'd highly recommend, and got it first time with him :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement