Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Shiminay wrote: »
    I find it astonishing that with the nation's finances the way they are they'd drop a non trivial bill like €250 on ye with no notice, just be sure it's not in the fine print somewhere so that they can't turn around and say "we told you about this 6 months ago" and leave you in the lurch.

they deffo didn't tell me six months ago, spech as i didn't have this place six months ago.

it is rediculous. it isn't the smallest sum of money, and honestly to assume that everyone will be able to just produce it within 24 hours or less is madness.

newho panic over. i managed to get a lend of the money required (God bless them) so i shall be able to pay for my uniform and knives tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

That so crap Helen! Id get on straight on and try sort it. There might be some slack given because you're on btea

That so crap Helen! Id get on straight on and try sort it. There might be some slack given because you're on btea

honestly they ain't that big on the slack from what i have heard. and i haven't even heard back yet about my btea (i will get it but they haven't told me yet). i am just glad i managed to get a lend of the money, so i can do classes monday. i am dying to see what the money is paying for exactly. like there is mention on the letter of shoes - pls god they ain't really UGLY shoes!!. and then what is my uniform. and engraved knives, wonder what they are engraving on them, perhaps my name :)

hdowney wrote: »
    honestly they ain't that big on the slack from what i have heard. and i haven't even heard back yet about my btea (i will get it but they haven't told me yet). i am just glad i managed to get a lend of the money, so i can do classes monday. i am dying to see what the money is paying for exactly. like there is mention on the letter of shoes - pls god they ain't really UGLY shoes!!. and then what is my uniform. and engraved knives, wonder what they are engraving on them, perhaps my name :)

I have to go up about my btea on Monday, college can't give me a letter till then:rolleyes:

I have to go up about my btea on Monday, college can't give me a letter till then:rolleyes:

yea my letter i will get on monday too :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They'll be steel capped safety shoes with "oil/wet floor grip" soles. They *will* (and not might) save you from serious injury, so it really doesn't matter a fig what they look like :)

Knives will be engraved with your name or initials I'd imagine as knives walk *all* the time.

I know all this because 1) I've a cousin and a lot of friends who went through chef's school in GMIT and 2) I've worked in quite a few kitchens in my Hospitality industry days :)

They'll be steel capped safety shoes with "oil/wet floor grip" soles. They *will* (and not might) save you from serious injury, so it really doesn't matter a fig what they look like :)

Knives will be engraved with your name or initials I'd imagine as knives walk *all* the time.

I know all this because 1) I've a cousin and a lot of friends who went through chef's school in GMIT and 2) I've worked in quite a few kitchens in my Hospitality industry days :)

grand i don't care what they look like so. i can be a clumsy so and so at times and have broken my toe on several occasions so no more broken toes :) my knives walk and they will walk into someone!! only kiddin, but i am one of them 'don't you walk away with my pen types'!!!

gmit was on my list for the culinary course :)

so i am in the kitchens first thing monday morning. talk bout thrown in the deep end!!! :D:D

I haz a tummy ache :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'd love a set of engraved knives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'd love a set of engraved knives.

My hubby makes hunting knives, i'm trying to get him to make me a set of kitchen knives for ages.... i especially want one of those big cleaver ones :D

• Advertisement

BadGirl wrote: »
    My hubby makes hunting knives, i'm trying to get him to make me a set of kitchen knives for ages.... i especially want one of those big cleaver ones :D

Does he make the metal bit or the handle bit or wuh? That's a pretty cool thing to make.

Does he make the metal bit or the handle bit or wuh? That's a pretty cool thing to make.

He makes both usually... Different types of wood or antler for handles... Sometimes he buys the blades, makes them the rest of the time....
    In fairness to him, they do look pretty cool when he has them finished.....

He makes both usually... Different types of wood or antler for handles... Sometimes he buys the blades, makes them the rest of the time....
    In fairness to him, they do look pretty cool when he has them finished.....

Any use or just for show? Would they get Cyberwolf's seal of approval I wonder :)

Its THURSDAY????? THURSDAY??????? I thought it was friday....:o

Any use or just for show? Would they get Cyberwolf's seal of approval I wonder :)

Very much for use, they are mainly hunting knives, i have a pic of a small one he made a while ago, will try find it and put it up...

Here it is....

knife1.jpg

It's extremely sharp, handle made from brass, Elk antler and some type of wood (i don't know much about these things...)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is your hubby on Boards by chance BadGirl? There's a regular gent on the hunting forum called davymoore who makes exceptional knives and that doesn't look entirely unlike his work.

Ah, nothing like a bit of knife chat on a Thursday eve :D
    *waits for CyberWolf*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'm trying to pack up my flat (slowly) and I have filled 6 boxes with books and I've barely made a dent in the piles. D:
    I was hoping to only need 2 more trips, but looks like it's going to take way more. :/

Do you think taxi drivers do loyalty cards? Get 5 stamps, get a free trip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hey everyone ;)

it's pizza night! :D

Is your hubby on Boards by chance BadGirl? There's a regular gent on the hunting forum called davymoore who makes exceptional knives and that doesn't look entirely unlike his work.

Nope... He's not on boards must get him to join though... He'd like the shooting and hunting forum....

Rose.... Hope you het all your stuff sorted soon. Packing sucks....

• Advertisement

OH GOD! WHY DO I OWN SO MANY THINGS?!!!

reallyrose wrote: »
    OH GOD! WHY DO I OWN SO MANY THINGS?!!!

You're a hoarding goblin type thing?

I thought your plan was to stay in the place? Change of plans?

You're a hoarding goblin type thing?

I thought your plan was to stay in the place? Change of plans?

Yeah, change of plans. I'm moving in with my boyfriend! :eek:

That's quite the plan change!

Heh, the dogs are snoring their little brains out

That's a lot funnier than moving back in with your parents. :)

That's a lot funnier than moving back in with your parents. :)

My parents live a bit too far away to be able to commute to the museum :)

pizza and ben & jerry's and I'm ready to burst! :o

Links234 wrote: »
    pizza and ben & jerry's and I'm ready to burst! :o

Very jealous. Hula Hoops for dinner...again.

Very jealous. Hula Hoops for dinner...again.
    oh dear

I'm sorry, hope I haven't made you all hungry :(

• Advertisement

just popping in to say hey before i head to bed with a migraine (again).

look at the big ole conversation i started on knives with my talk of engraved ones!! :D

hopefully i shall report more tomorrow after i receive said knives. i may even post a pic

night all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement