Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Solitaire wrote: »
    Not that the Minecraft server being down has anything to do with that... :p

Are you keeping your pre- 1.8 world after official release of the update?
    jokettle wrote: »
    4:30 is NOT a reasonable time to get lunch :(

On another note, Trinity's security guards are possibly the loveliest group of lads I know. You guys rock :)

Welcome to my world, hopefully it does not happen to often.
    But great to hear for got your cards back, I'm still pissed I lost some of the stuff in my last wallet that got nicked.
    hdowney wrote: »
    hai. grand. only half day today, food safety all morning!! howanever yer wan sayin we are going to have a TEST TOMORROW was a bit yawha?! :eek::(

Safety Rule #1 : If you are drunk enough, the $food can't kill you.

Safety Rule #2 : Always keep your knifes razor sharp so you will be prepared for the Zombie Out Break....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Are you keeping your pre- 1.8 world after official release of the update?

Welcome to my world, hopefully it does not happen to often.
    But great to hear for got your cards back, I'm still pissed I lost some of the stuff in my last wallet that got nicked.

Safety Rule #1 : If you are drunk enough, the $food can't kill you.

Safety Rule #2 : Always keep your knifes razor sharp so you will be prepared for the Zombie Out Break....

you going to that zombie yokiemabob in october i read about somewhere online at an ungodly hour thismornin?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I suppose you're probably all about the HACCP stuff - it's all very straight forward. I did a 2 hour training course on HACCP for non-chef staff which mostly focussed on cleanliness, storage and dumping of either prep remains or cooked remains etc. We were then given a 30 minute test which no one got less than 60% in (I got 98% :p).

It's all common sense tbh, just a case of remembering things like which chopping boards to use, where to store foods in various states in the fridges and all that.

Also, I'm really confused by this uniform thing. If you're going to work in a professional kitchen, you need to be able to communicate with people who have big egos and all head chef's I've ever worked with have big egos (and not entirely without reason) and if you can't go and say "hey, my uniform doesn't fit, I need it sorted" now, then you're never going to be able to say "spuds ready in 10 minutes chef" when you're under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

vr0MZ.png

Hehe...., "Zombie Yokie Kabob"
    you going to that zombie yokiemabob in october i read about somewhere online at an ungodly hour thismornin?

No I have not hear of anything going on the major event is the Zombie Walk that was bout 2 months ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Evening all...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Probably the worst thing that could have happened to me, happened today. I've spent the day in floods of tears :(

Probably the worst thing that could have happened to me, happened today. I've spent the day in floods of tears :(

Aw CC, i hope you are ok x x x

Shiminay wrote: »
    I suppose you're probably all about the HACCP stuff - it's all very straight forward. I did a 2 hour training course on HACCP for non-chef staff which mostly focussed on cleanliness, storage and dumping of either prep remains or cooked remains etc. We were then given a 30 minute test which no one got less than 60% in (I got 98% :p).

It's all common sense tbh, just a case of remembering things like which chopping boards to use, where to store foods in various states in the fridges and all that.

Also, I'm really confused by this uniform thing. If you're going to work in a professional kitchen, you need to be able to communicate with people who have big egos and all head chef's I've ever worked with have big egos (and not entirely without reason) and if you can't go and say "hey, my uniform doesn't fit, I need it sorted" now, then you're never going to be able to say "spuds ready in 10 minutes chef" when you're under pressure.

i was all for sayin it to her this morning, but then i got made vv late by a 3 car crash on the road, was sat in nearly the same place for over half hour. tisn't that i can't say it to her, i just decided that there was no point. i am not able to do cooking without the things, and therefore if she were to say no, id take it over her head anyway so buy the things put them on and see does she even notice the difference!
    vr0MZ.png

Hehe...., "Zombie Yokie Kabob"

No I have not hear of anything going on the major event is the Zombie Walk that was bout 2 months ago...

here is a linky to a boards page on the thing

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056246385

what happened hun

BadGirl wrote: »
    Aw CC, i hope you are ok x x x

Im really not :(
    what happened hun

I spent the entire morning in the social welfare office (from 11 till half 2!!) waiting to give in mt btea form. I finally get called up and the woman looked over my form and walked off with it.

She comes back about 5 minutes later and tells me that im not eligible for btea. I was just looking at her like....wut. Because I did a plc 4 years ago when i left school i cant get it, nor can i get any grants or funding of any kind. I got very upset at the counter and she just looked at me and said 'let us know when you leave'

I'm absolutely heart broken. Ive no choice but to leave now, unless a part time job pops up out of nowhere in the next week there's no way i can afford to pt myself through the course.

• Advertisement

Oh S**T CC, i'm so sorry :(:(:(

Im really not :(

I spent the entire morning in the social welfare office (from 11 till half 2!!) waiting to give in mt btea form. I finally get called up and the woman looked over my form and walked off with it.

She comes back about 5 minutes later and tells me that im not eligible for btea. I was just looking at her like....wut. Because I did a plc 4 years ago when i left school i cant get it, nor can i get any grants or funding of any kind. I got very upset at the counter and she just looked at me and said 'let us know when you leave'

I'm absolutely heart broken. Ive no choice but to leave now, unless a part time job pops up out of nowhere in the next week there's no way i can afford to pt myself through the course.

jesus hun. appeal it. deffo. what level are you doing now? you are only one year off the whole second chance thing so deffo appeal, perhaps get a td from your area to back you up. and i cannot believe how horrible that person in the office was to you

BadGirl wrote: »
    Oh S**T CC, i'm so sorry :(:(:(

Thank BG :o
    jesus hun. appeal it. deffo. what level are you doing now? you are only one year off the whole second chance thing so deffo appeal, perhaps get a td from your area to back you up. and i cannot believe how horrible that person in the office was to you

If I go down that road it could take months! I wont even have the means to get out there! The course im doing now is still a level 5, and had i have got back to education when i was doing the plc i would have understood, but i wasn't claiming anything back then, i had a part time job.

The fact that she was so hard faced about really upset me, id been sitting there for hours just to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Perhaps a student loan? I got one on college, it really helped out.

reallyrose wrote: »
    Perhaps a student loan? I got one on college, it really helped out.

I had thought about that, or a credit union loan, but i'd have no way to pay it back for the foreseeable future. No where is going to give me a loan when I cant give them a date when I can start paying it back.

I had thought about that, or a credit union loan, but i'd have no way to pay it back for the foreseeable future. No where is going to give me a loan when I cant give them a date when I can start paying it back.

That's kinda the point of a student loan. I got mine in second year and paid a tiny amount off it each month (something like interest + 15%) til I got a job after college.

Thank BG :o

If I go down that road it could take months! I wont even have the means to get out there! The course im doing now is still a level 5, and had i have got back to education when i was doing the plc i would have understood, but i wasn't claiming anything back then, i had a part time job.

The fact that she was so hard faced about really upset me, id been sitting there for hours just to hear that.

the ****ing system is the biggest load of ****e anywhere (ban me mods if you will but i speaks the truth). girl is trying to better herself ffs and they cannot help. it disgusts me that people who didn't get grants previous times are ineligable to get them this time round.

i really don't know what to suggest at the mo hun but i will think on it and see can i come up with anything.

you should report your one tho for her nasty attitude

That's kinda the point of a student loan. I got mine in second year and paid a tiny amount off it each month (something like interest + 15%) til I got a job after college.

When did you start repaying it?
    the ****ing system is the biggest load of ****e anywhere (ban me mods if you will but i speaks the truth). girl is trying to better herself ffs and they cannot help. it disgusts me that people who didn't get grants previous times are ineligable to get them this time round.

i really don't know what to suggest at the mo hun but i will think on it and see can i come up with anything.

you should report your one tho for her nasty attitude

Im going to talk to my coordinator tomorrow, but i doubt there's anything he can do. I just want to make it very clear to him that im leaving completely against my will.

There's such a push now to get people back into education, or onto courses, but when you actually go about doing one they put every obstacle possible in your way.

any student loan i got (last time i was in college) i had to start paying back as soon as i drew down on it. like the normal monthly repayments. i didn't get any sort of easy payment until you get a job option

When did you start repaying it?

I paid a bit off during the summers, I got a job and managed to pay off a few chunks, like 100-200 euro.
    I didn't start to make regular repayments til after 4th year. Even then, I didn't get a full time job for a few months after college.
    Once I got my first pay cheque, I went into the bank and sorted out a payment plan. :)

• Advertisement

I paid a bit off during the summers, I got a job and managed to pay off a few chunks, like 100-200 euro.
    I didn't start to make regular repayments til after 4th year. Even then, I didn't get a full time job for a few months after college.
    Once I got my first pay cheque, I went into the bank and sorted out a payment plan. :)

I'll look into it, but I cant see it really working. It would need to be a fairly hefty loan as id still have to pay rent at home. I wouldnt say the bank would be jumping to give out a loan to someone with no means of repaying.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Cupcake, I'm really sorry to hear about the disaster, but all's not lost yet. Have a look at the Student Finances forum if you haven't already to see what sort of options you might have.

Thanks shim, ill give that a look

I'll look into it, but I cant see it really working. It would need to be a fairly hefty loan as id still have to pay rent at home. I wouldnt say the bank would be jumping to give out a loan to someone with no means of repaying.

All you can do is ask. Now that I think about it, my parents co-signed on the loan.

All you can do is ask. Now that I think about it, my parents co-signed on the loan.

I dont think my parents would do that. Sure, they wouldnt have the means to meet the repayments if i defaulted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I dont think my parents would do that. Sure, they wouldnt have the means to meet the repayments if i defaulted

If you dont mind me asking were you receiving a social welfare payment for the last 9 months or so?

If you dont mind me asking were you receiving a social welfare payment for the last 9 months or so?

I started getting it when i got let go in December, so id say its been 9 months, but i was getting the bare minimum

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I started getting it when i got let go in December, so id say its been 9 months, but i was getting the bare minimum

you should qualify for it so :confused:

you should qualify for it so :confused:

I should, but because i did the plc 4 years ago they wont help me at all.

• Advertisement

My parents didn't have the means either, so I didn't default. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement