Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair V.3 (now with added sexehness and hungover spoonbadger!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I tried to dig around a bit more info for you to find out why. I'm not too familiar with the whole BTEA thing so I thought it may have been a bit strange getting refused. I came across this from the Department of Social Welfare website:
    1.10 Progression in education course

The approved full-time education course must lead to a higher qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications other than that already held. It is not considered that existing graduates should have an entitlement to BTEA to pursue a course at a similar qualification level as, inter alia, this can lead to displacement of persons seeking such qualifications for the first time. Reference should be made to the National Framework of Qualifications (see appendix 3) e.g. If a person holds a Fetac level 5 qualification, they must be progressing to a level 6 qualification.

This is probably what prompted them to refuse it, because you already have a level 5, even though you never applied to BTEA back then (I know it sounds ****ty). It's similar to those who apply for an Undergraduate Degree under the free fee's scheme when they already have one, even if they didn't have free fee's for their first undergraduate degree. It seems to be the same case when applying for grants, you can keep claiming as long as the level of the course you apply for keeps getting higher.

If it's the case, why not try go for a level 6 course instead of a level 5? :). You would be able to claim BTEA then from the sounds of what it says then. I don't think level 6's are too long in terms of duration either.

I hope that didn't dampen your spirits about the whole thing, I'm genuinely sorry that it happened. I thought I try shed more light onto the subject as to why they have refused it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I tried to dig around a bit more info for you to find out why. I'm not too familiar with the whole BTEA thing so I thought it may have been a bit strange getting refused. I came across this from the Department of Social Welfare website:

This is probably what prompted them to refuse it, because you already have a level 5, even though you never applied to BTEA back then (I know it sounds ****ty). It's similar to those who apply for an Undergraduate Degree under the free fee's scheme when they already have one, even if they didn't have free fee's for their first undergraduate degree. It seems to be the same case when applying for grants, you can keep claiming as long as the level of the course you apply for keeps getting higher.

If it's the case, why not try go for a level 6 course instead of a level 5? :). You would be able to claim BTEA then from the sounds of what it says then. I don't think level 6's are too long in terms of duration either.

I hope that didn't dampen your spirits about the whole thing, I'm genuinely sorry that it happened. I thought I try shed more light onto the subject as to why they have refused it.

That seem's to be the gist of why it happened alright! I would have went straight into the level 6 diploma course, but it was full so id have to wait till next september to start. Id imagine the fact that I dropped out of this course would go against me if I tried to enroll for it.

Thanks for digging though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

That seem's to be the gist of why it happened alright! I would have went straight into the level 6 diploma course, but it was full so id have to wait till next september to start. Id imagine the fact that I dropped out of this course would go against me if I tried to enroll for it.

Thanks for digging though!

it shouldn't if you explain yourself to your co-ordinator, like they should be able to put a note down or something for you to be able to get into the six next year. cos you are not choosing to leave the year

it is sickining hun and i am so sorry for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Wow, it's just a collection of academic cluster****s in the Noc these last few days. My course were like "yeah, sure most of the full time classes take place at night", then today they said it's not really a goer and we'd have to take at least one day off a week. Still toying with the idea. But, wow, what a bunch of bastards. Not as bad as the woman dealing with CC, what the hell did she mean "tell us when you leave" !?

**** news, though I would say it should have been checked out before this stage, a quick ramble on studentfinance.ie (if that's right?) would have thrown up some warning signs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Hai guiz :)

I got my Xbox 360 back after 2 years =D Portal 2 is so awesome :P Can't wait for Skyrim!

I got my Xbox 360 back after 2 years =D Portal 2 is so awesome :P Can't wait for Skyrim!

Oh no! Not Skyrim! I don't have enough time in my life... AND Gears of War 3 is out AND Space Marines! Gah!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh no! Not Skyrim! I don't have enough time in my life... AND Gears of War 3 is out AND Space Marines! Gah!

Skyrim takes priority for me, Oblivion was AMAZING =D :P

Skyrim takes priority for me, Oblivion was AMAZING =D :P

Yes, but perhaps it's TOO amazing. What about Fallout 3 ? You get that yet bro!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey all, made apple crumble but think i used a wee bit too much sugar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

where was it for the past 2 yrs? :-P

Skyrim ftw!!!!!!!!

Yes, but perhaps it's TOO amazing. What about Fallout 3 ? You get that yet bro!?

Not much my thing, bf loves it though :P
    where was it for the past 2 yrs? :-P

Skyrim ftw!!!!!!!!

My dad, long story short, basically took it. And yaaaaaaaaaaay!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

How goes people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

@CC: I also really sympathise with having to deal with some of the unempathetic plate faced employees working in the SW office. Had my share of them when I was on Jobseekers for a while. Some of them can be ok, others can be right arrogant pr!cks. Hopefully some resolution can be found for you! I'm doing the whole Second Chance Mature Student thing for University next year (basically had to wait 5 years just to restart another Undergraduate again :()

Oh yeah, Skyrim ftw! I'm still decided on whether to get it for Xbox 360, or essentially upgrade my laptop to play it ;-/
    hey all, made apple crumble but think i used a wee bit too much sugar

Pass it thiiss waaayyy! :D

Can you make crumble pies without sugar? Maybe berry ones since they are quite sweet and bitter, maybe not for apple though?

Not much my thing, bf loves it though :P

But but but... it's pretty much Oblivion but with guns and a post-apocalyptic setting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Oh yeah, Skyrim ftw! I'm still decided on whether to get it for Xbox 360, or essentially upgrade my laptop to play it ;-/

Surely go with the easy option of xbox?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oblivion made me yawn, couldn't get into it at all. Tried Morrowind several months later and loved it (the fact that it ran on my Netbook too was *very* handy :)).

Fallout - MAJOR yawn. Oh, some action, press space, now deliver 10 headshots, and now you've won.

I started into Space Marine last night, oh man is it glorious. Played a small bit of the campaign, but spent most of my time in the Multi Player and had a very good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I also found Oblivion very boring but loved Fallout.

Might give Skyrim a chance just because I like the Norse based setting, can't wait for Space Marine, preordered it last week and got an email saying it was shipping but still have not received it yet. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Christ, I'm bored. I just invented a task that I "need" to do, just so I can get out of the office for an hour or so.

jokettle wrote: »
    Christ, I'm bored. I just invented a task that I "need" to do, just so I can get out of the office for an hour or so.

Skiver! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

good morning lair

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Morning Sam, how goes it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Shiminay wrote: »
    Morning Sam, how goes it?

not bad how about yourself, sun is shining, can't be all bad

Maguined wrote: »
    Skiver! :p

Yeah, but I can get away with it so it's ok :P

All the things I need to do in work today are mind-numbingly boring, take up a lot of time but absolutely no intellect whatsoever. Bring me some trained monkeys and let me have the day off!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

hondasam wrote: »
    not bad how about yourself, sun is shining, can't be all bad
    We don't take kindly to that sort of talk round here

Yeah, but I can get away with it so it's ok :P

All the things I need to do in work today are mind-numbingly boring, take up a lot of time but absolutely no intellect whatsoever. Bring me some trained monkeys and let me have the day off!

What kind of monkeys? I may know a guy...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

@Oh yeah, Skyrim ftw! I'm still decided on whether to get it for Xbox 360, or essentially upgrade my laptop to play it ;-/

Im undecided myself,pc or ps3 :S,Also I'm trying to save up for the collectors edition :O

Sounds like my entire job to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Afternoon All

• Advertisement

What kind of monkeys? I may know a guy...

The ones with fez hats and little waistcoats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement