Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible experience in Woodlands Tralee

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 gavcobh

harr, no doubt he had "little or none". He'd never jeopardise the support he's gotten here so far by admitting to having alcohol in his possession!

i am one of the guys that went camping. that comment is very pessimistic in regards to our group. we left our homes and drove straight to the area and searched for somewhere to stay. we did not buy alcohol on the way there so the answer is we had none. you can believe what you like but between the 3 days on holiday i personally had 4 cans and 2 pints which isnt alot. we are as lame as we are sounding, the first night we were asleep by 12:30! i was on holiday to go to the aquadome not get drunk, i can get drunk at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

harr, no doubt he had "little or none". He'd never jeopardise the support he's gotten here so far by admitting to having alcohol in his possession!

Ad hominem / poisoning the well.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well

Just makes you look bad, Hurdy Gurdy!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

harr wrote: »
    This happens to groups of lads every weekend in different situations for example groups of lads not been let into night clubs and the likes also any decent hotels will not let stags stay.
    It has happened to most lads at some stage and we all had to get over.
    Just a quick question to the op, how much drink did you have with you when you arrived at the site?
    Hi Harr. Stags i believe can be seen different since with a stag a hotel would know that the group are going to be getting hammered etc.
    Hurdy Gurdy you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about this. Can i assume you are friends with the owner? In fact ill be completely truthful here i had half a bottle of vodka. Thats it. A bottle i ended up not drinking that weekend. When we arrived in sir rogers campsite in banna where we did stay we went for dinner and bought a few cans in the off license in ardfert. We were conscious of the guests there so went for a few drinks on the sand dunes where we brought black bags with us and cleaned and cleared afterwards. We were sleeping in our tents by midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hurdy Gurdy

Just saying fergalr, if I were him and I were trying to get a load of people on my side for something so silly, I wouldn't ruin it by saying "oh I had a slab of beer in the boot like"...would you?

This whole thing is so silly and OTT, I think a mod should delete it for God's sake. The only reason why I joined is because I saw this post and that he had gone on the radio about it lol ffs, you got turned away from the campsite, you managed to stay in a different campsite, move on. Life ain't fair, you don't need to have a song and dance about it.

We were sleeping in our tents by midnight

ah it was more 12:30 now to be honest

• Advertisement

gavcobh wrote: »
    Apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 geordie 1

sure this is a breach of your rights m8 , thats shocking i think, just wanted some fun with your mates, if i were you i would find out where the site manager lives, break in to his house & chit in lis lasses knicker draw, thats just me though

Just saying fergalr, if I were him and I were trying to get a load of people on my side for something so silly, I wouldn't ruin it by saying "oh I had a slab of beer in the boot like"...would you?

This whole thing is so silly and OTT, I think a mod should delete it for God's sake. The only reason why I joined is because I saw this post and that he had gone on the radio about it lol ffs, you got turned away from the campsite, you managed to stay in a different campsite, move on. Life ain't fair, you don't need to have a song and dance about it.
    But why shouldnt we raise the point and debate it and try to seek some sort of apology when life isnt fair? Why should we just accept bad things like this happening to us?

Apologies

Your nonchalance just there has ruined your argument in my opinion. Making a mockery of a debate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

I would hope that the owner, yes, the owner, would and should have the right to decide, who stays, or who doesn't stay, on his property. From my own experiences, a group of young people are usually well able to create problems. They have no one to blame but themselves, just look around at weekends and see the state of them, the same with uni students. An old saying, "Don't let trouble in, then you won't have to put it out", says it all.

• Advertisement

Your nonchalance just there has ruined your argument in my opinion. Making a mockery of a debate.
    I think you were making a mockery of it before now to be honest.

agreed, we all like a mass debate, hope this thread runs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

Just saying fergalr, if I were him and I were trying to get a load of people on my side of something so silly, I wouldn't ruin it by saying "oh I had a slab of beer in the book like"...would you?

I don't know the people involved personally.

You are right that you have to assess these things bearing in mind you are only hearing one side of the story, and that people have a beef.
    Also, the fact that the OP has been on the radio, and that they've left reviews on trip advisor, means that they are making an effort to publicize the incident.

Still, I can't fault that in and of itself; I'd be doing the same thing, if I was them.
    Fwiw, they are doing a good job at convincing me that they're telling the truth, and I'm pretty suspicious of people on the Internet...

Speaking of which, Hurdy, I think itd be a good idea if you declared whether you have any relationship with the owners, or campsite etc.
    You come across as very invested in the discussion for a new user!

I think its good that things like this get discussed on the Internet.

It balances power in business interactions - speaking generally - between the business owner - who previously could have told everyone to come, when they rang over the phone, and then selected who they liked, knowing that everyone else had no come back; now you have to treat people right, or others will know about it; of course, a consequence is that we all do have to be careful if we are only hearing one side of the story.

headmaster wrote: »
    I would hope that the owner, yes, the owner, would and should have the right to decide, who stays, or who doesn't stay, on his property. From my own experiences, a group of young people are usually well able to create problems. They have no one to blame but themselves, just look around at weekends and see the state of them, the same with uni students. An old saying, "Don't let trouble in, then you won't have to put it out", says it all.
    Ok then but lets see your point. You see on tv the whole time traveller groups portrayed as fighting and trouble, romanian gypsies as thieves etc. Should they be not allowed in because a few have forged the reputation for the whole group? Iv seen old fellas at fisticuffs in dublin, oxegen and cork and yet they are grand.

I do not have anything to do with the owner or the campsite.

I am a long time browser of boards, never a poster, until now that is.

give the tent up m8, buy a caravan ,Popeye lived in one, and he was hard as fooking nails

headmaster wrote: »

Correct headmaster. If you own the land/renting the land and own the business, then you surely can turn people away. If the case was that you couldn't, people would have free reign over these places and there would be no rules or regulations.

well hurdy gurdy, i am entitled to be nonchalant if i wish and it was also a way for my friend to know which one of the group i am. from what i can see of from your posts your not debating your saying passive aggressive statements like "Now pick up your dummy, give it a wash off and stick it back in your gob will you for God's sake" so if us being nonchalant offends you imagine what your commenting style is like to others. my friend came on here to have a bit of a healthy debate on a sunday afternoon, what concern is it of yours if he does. it seems to me like you are somewhat emotionally invested in this campsite but dont worry we wont judge you for it

well hurdy gurdy, i am entitled to be nonchalant if i wish and it was also a way for my friend to know which one of the group i am. from what i can see of from your posts your not debating your saying passive aggressive statements like "Now pick up your dummy, give it a wash off and stick it back in your gob will you for God's sake" so if us being nonchalant offends you imagine what your commenting style is like to others. my friend came on here to have a bit of a healthy debate on a sunday afternoon, what concern is it of yours if he does. it seems to me like you are somewhat emotionally invested in this campsite but dont worry we wont judge you for it

agree, hurdy seems as thick as a whale omelette, probably never been out his front room , seems camp enough though

Now who's poisoning the well? There is only 1 reason a guy comes onto a forum such as this, after being on the radio and God knows where else complaining about the same thing, and that is to complain some more. There is nothing "healthy" about this debate, it is called OBSESSIVE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think you are quite incorrect in everything you have said on this thread. And I think the Equality Commission (the Law! Not someone like yourself just spouting off) would completely disagree with you also.

People have rights you know!
    And one of these rights is not be discriminated against on the basis of your age.

Op - don't "move on". Take it to the Equality Commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ok then but lets see your point. You see on tv the whole time traveller groups portrayed as fighting and trouble, romanian gypsies as thieves etc. Should they be not allowed in because a few have forged the reputation for the whole group? Iv seen old fellas at fisticuffs in dublin, oxegen and cork and yet they are grand.

So you're saying that the owner would have been being unreasonable if he had turned away a group of travellers? Sure they'd have said they were only there for the 'craic' too...

geordie 1 wrote: »
    agree, hurdy seems as thick as a whale omelette, probably never been out his front room , seems camp enough though

that made my day right there. hurdy its true that an owner has the right to refuse, but you see the right to refuse is based on the individual people he is presented with. an owner cannot refuse based on a persons race, sex, age, or social class. there is a fine line there but a line all the same

Now who's poisoning the well? There is only 1 reason a guy comes onto a forum such as this, after being on the radio and God knows where else complaining about the same thing, and that is to complain some more. There is nothing "healthy" about this debate, it is called OBSESSIVE.
    Sir why are you trying to get rises out of people on here. U seem a bit aggressive over this matter. I was on liveline for the first time in my life because thats how much this annoyed me over our treatment. After the lies the manager told on national radio i decided to come online and try to spark debate. Thats what is happening while you are asking for an open debate to be shut by the mods. There is nothing, as you put it, "healthy" about your rage against me on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

well hurdy gurdy, i am entitled to be nonchalant if i wish and it was also a way for my friend to know which one of the group i am.

Would "Gav from cobh" not have given away who you were? Crediting your friend with a modicum of intellect, like...

amdublin wrote: »
    I think you are quite incorrect in everything you have said on this thread. And I think the Equality Commission (the Law! Not someone like yourself just spouting off) would completely disagree with you also.

People have rights you know!
    And one of these rights is not be discriminated against on the basis of your age.

Op - don't "move on". Take it to the Equality Commission.

And I suppose the business owner has no "rights"? Just a bunch of young fellas who had not yet even spent a dime in the business and had not yet made any business deals with the owner? I'd say something if he paid the money and was unfairly evicted but you cant say this guy has any claim against the business owner when he didn't even have a business transaction.

Correct headmaster. If you own the land/renting the land and own the business, then you surely can turn people away. If the case was that you couldn't, people would have free reign over these places and there would be no rules or regulations.

Incorrect
    If you open your land you have to rent to everyone or no one. You don't get to arbitrarily choose who to discriminate against.

Ie. You cannot say "males only" - you'd be discriminating against females.
    Another example is You cannot say "no travellers"
    Above are examples of discrimination.
    Another example is you cannot discriminate on the basis of someones age.

Let this argument go Hurdy Gurdy. You are not correct in your arguments.

Op, the law is on your side. The owner was unlawful if he refused you entry because of your age.

anyway , on a topic change , anyone got o.c.d on here ?anybody else got this?? Its starting to get on me nerves like. Just took me about 5mins to get out of the Kitchen, double tapping doors, flicking cups and kicking the fook out me washing machine!
    Think ive always had it mildly as a kid, but getting into me advanced years and its getting worse ( took me 4 go's to type that sentence) just wondering

Ficheall wrote: »
    Would "Gav from cobh" not have given away who you were? Crediting your friend with a modicum of intellect, like...
    Not really since my brother is called gavin and my friend is called gavin and they were both there. This is not my brother its my friend.

• Advertisement

And I suppose the business owner has no "rights"? Just a bunch of young fellas who had not yet even spent a dime in the business and had not yet made any business deals with the owner? I'd say something if he paid the money and was unfairly evicted but you cant say this guy has any claim against the business owner when he didn't even have a business transaction.

:confused:

You cannot just decide to discriminate against a group of lads because they are young.
    If they pulled up and hopped out of their car with a slab of beer and making noise etc etc then he would be justified in his actions.

Www.equality.ie
    Check it out dude!

Advertisement