Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible experience in Woodlands Tralee

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hurdy Gurdy

That's well and good amdublin, but are you telling me that if a business has in it's policy that it reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason, that that is also against the law? If so, most places businesses in Ireland are breaking the law.

Maybe you should go around and show them the equality.ie website, make a few bob maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Im not making an assumption amdublin, Im expressing my educated opinion, based on years of experience being a young fella once myself.

Are you in your 20's by any chance?
    Why does her age have anything to do with it? Again with the age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 gavcobh

"In 2000, the Equal Status Act came into operation to ban discrimination to anybody buying goods, using services, obtaining accommodation and attending educational establishments on the same nine grounds as the Employment Equality Act, including age. There has never been an upper age limit for the application of the Equal Status Act and people of all ages are protected by its provisions"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

amdublin wrote: »
    EXCUSE ME???!!!!

"most people" wha?!!!!

Speak for yourself when you are generalising and discriminating against all travellers.

Jesus Christ almighty.
    This thread has gone from bad to worse!!!!

Ah.. the pc brigade. My bad.
    Time to abandon this thread methinks.

EXCUSE ME???!!!!

"most people" wha?!!!!

Speak for yourself when you are generalising and discriminating against all travellers.

Jesus Christ almighty.
    This thread has gone from bad to worse!!!!
    :confused:

Maybe you should speak for yourself regarding the things you are saying? Most people in this country discriminate and stereotype, FACT. We are known for it, if you think otherwise, you are blinkered.

He is right in what he says, most people WOULD be understanding.

• Advertisement

That's well and good amdublin, but are you telling me that if a business has in it's policy that it reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason, that that is also against the law? If so, most places businesses in Ireland are breaking the law.

Maybe you should go around and show them the equality.ie website, make a few bob maybe.
    Ya a person has the right to refuse service or admission if a person is i dont know causing trouble etc.
    Hurdy gurdy the whole comment about "make a few bob maybe" seems a bit smart. Why do that when you think we are making a mockery of it?

Why does her age have anything to do with it? Again with the age

I've just noticed a trend like, everyone on your side happens to sound young whereas everyone else sound like they have a few years behind them.

In my profession I deal with young people on a daily basis, they all know their rights, remembered off by heart, and they have no trouble letting you know that either.

Ficheall wrote: »
    So people arent allowed bring law into any debate incase it disrupts your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 geordie 1

hurdy is young & daft m8, just ignore him , i was young once & was chitting myself When I turned two, because I'd doubled my age in a year.
    I thought, if this keeps up, by the time I'm six I'll be ninety

Ya a person has the right to refuse service or admission if a person is i dont know causing trouble etc.
    Hurdy gurdy the whole comment about "make a few bob maybe" seems a bit smart. Why do that when you think we are making a mockery of it?

Making a mockery now because this has gone to the dogs long ago lad.

• Advertisement

Maybe you should speak for yourself regarding the things you are saying? Most people in this country discriminate and stereotype, FACT. We are known for it, if you think otherwise, you are blinkered.

He is right in what he says, most people WOULD be understanding.
    This is just the mob mentality. "Most people in the country discriminate FACT?" Iv been nothing but respectful sir but that is some short sighted comment. Most people i know arent discriminating based on age etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ficheall wrote: »

Nope. I just believe in treating people as equals and individuals.

Hey, ficheall & hurdy gurdy, let's say you've blonde hair and I wont let you into my shop because the last time I let a blonde haired person in they caused loads of trouble. How would you feel?

This is just the mob mentality. "Most people in the country discriminate FACT?" Iv been nothing but respectful sir but that is some short sighted comment. Most people i know arent discriminating based on age etc.

Are you saying if you saw a group of travelers walking down the road, an discriminative opinion would not enter your head for even a second?

I've just noticed a trend like, everyone on your side happens to sound young whereas everyone else sound like they have a few years behind them.

In my profession I deal with young people on a daily basis, they all know their rights, remembered off by heart, and they have no trouble letting you know that either.
    And im curious as to how you base that? On the radion we had the backing of several people in their 40s 50s while also a number were against us.
    In my profession i deal with youth to. In fact iv dealt with youths since i was 13, 14 including the no name club. You know that group where you dont have to drink to have a good time. Your comments seem very stereotypical.

"sound young"
    Hurdy gurdy what the hell are you on about?!!!

Have you read the link I posted (rather than just making fun of me for proffering it)?
    You are wrong. No two ways about it.

Nope. I just believe in treating people as equals and individuals.

Hey, ficheall & hurdy gurdy, let's say you've blonde hair and I wont let you into my shop because the last time I let a blonde haired person in they caused loads of trouble. How would you feel?

If you have read any of my comments since the start, you would know that I follow the opinion that the owner of the business has a right to refuse admission to anyone he likes. I would'nt even ask him why I wasn't allowed in, I would say, fair enough, it's his business, he obviously had a bad experience with somebody like me before, I'd probably be the same as him.

And im curious as to how you base that? On the radion we had the backing of several people in their 40s 50s while also a number were against us.
    In my profession i deal with youth to. In fact iv dealt with youths since i was 13, 14 including the no name club. You know that group where you dont have to drink to have a good time. Your comments seem very stereotypical.

I didnt hear any backing, the link gavcobh sent me cut out after about 2 mins for some reason!

Are you saying if you saw a group of travelers walking down the road, an discriminative opinion would not enter your head for even a second?

ive known a few travelers from them renting land off my gran a few times and they are for the most part good people just a different culture so personally not one discriminative thought would be in my head

Making a mockery now because this has gone to the dogs long ago lad.

In your opinion. We are having a debate.

I didnt hear any backing, the link gavcobh sent me cut out after about 2 mins for some reason!
    Seems a bit convenient that

• Advertisement

In your opinion. We are having a debate.

Come on, that ended long ago, I just said that.

If you have read any of my comments since the start, you would know that I follow the opinion that the owner of the business has a right to refuse admission to anyone he likes. I would'nt even ask him why I wasn't allowed in, I would say, fair enough, it's his business, he obviously had a bad experience with somebody like me before, I'd probably be the same as him.

Are you cloned? (ie. Everybody is different. Age does mean people are the same)

Does this not seem stupid to you?
    It seems stupid and illegal to me.

Why are you choosing to ignore the law and someone's rights Hurdy hurdy?

nothing wrong with the link i just rechecked it

gavcobh wrote: »
    ive known a few travelers from them renting land off my gran a few times and they are for the most part good people just a different culture so personally not one discriminative thought would be in my head
    Same here. Iv worked with young travellers and to stereotype them is just plain wrong. Most are hard working good lads and girls. Maybe just yourself.

Yes but your "opinion" is wrong.
    The owner does not legally have the right as you have outlined above.

Simple as.

Please please check out this link. It might help you understand.
    Www.equality.ie

Seems a bit convenient that

It is convenient, I heard enough anyway.

When somebody is trying to tell his side of the story, it helps when the other person(yourself) holds their tongue so they can at least get 1 sentence out without having to stop and wait for you to comment.

The debating tactics of somebody who doesn't want the other person to make his point to the public.

Maybe you should phone in again and have at it properly.

Come on, that ended long ago, I just said that.
    Just because you think the debate ended because your point is being proved wrong dosent mean it is.

Yes but your "opinion" is wrong.
    The owner does not legally have the right as you have outlined above.

Simple as.

Please please check out this link. It might help you understand.
    Www.equality.ie

So if I chose not to make trouble for the business owner by pulling him up about equality laws then I am breaking the law even though I am apparently the one that was hard done by?

It is convenient, I heard enough anyway.

When somebody is trying to tell his side of the story, it helps when the other person(yourself) holds their tongue so they can at least get 1 sentence out without having to stop and wait for you to comment.

The debating tactics of somebody who doesn't want the other person to make his point to the public.

Maybe you should phone in again and have at it properly.
    You heard enough in 2 minutes? I just checked it and im the 1 giving his opinion in the opening 2 minutes?
    If you heard the whole thing you may hear us having a healthy debate with both being quiet. Infact I was quiet and listening for a while before interjecting

• Advertisement

Just because you think the debate ended because your point is being proved wrong dosent mean it is.

You and your posse are just posting the law, my opinion is still my opinion. Opinions do not have to stay within the confines of the law, therefore my opinion cannot be wrong. My point is my opinion, therefore my point is not wrong either before you pull me up on a technicality.

o·pin·ionNoun/əˈpinyən/
    1. A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Now back to the kitchen with you amdublin

Oops what've I done there???

Advertisement