Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible experience in Woodlands Tralee

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hurdy Gurdy

Im only joking I am in no way sexist, I only said that because I know you PC people love that sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 gavcobh

It is convenient, I heard enough anyway.

When somebody is trying to tell his side of the story, it helps when the other person(yourself) holds their tongue so they can at least get 1 sentence out without having to stop and wait for you to comment.

The debating tactics of somebody who doesn't want the other person to make his point to the public.

Maybe you should phone in again and have at it properly.

what are you on about? your just stirring **** for the sake of it now. if you bothered to listen to it all you would know the man gets ample time to make his point and even the first 2 callers agree with him and reinforce the point more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 geordie 1

sǝʇısdɯɐɔ ɹoɟ pooƃ sı ɐılɐɹʇsnɐ

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

You and your posse are just posting the law, my opinion is still my opinion. Opinions do not have to stay within the confines of the law, therefore my opinion cannot be wrong. My point is my opinion, therefore my point is not wrong either before you pull me up on a technicality.

o·pin·ionNoun/əˈpinyən/
    1. A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Now back to the kitchen with you amdublin

Oops what've I done there???
    Our posse? I have friends dont think wed be classed as a posse. I know opinions dont have to stay in the confines of the law i didnt say they did.

Well what youv done there is expose yourself as a bit of a sexist tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So if I chose not to make trouble for the business owner by pulling him up about equality laws then I am breaking the law even though I am apparently the one that was hard done by?

This makes no sense to me whatsoever :cool:

• Advertisement

gavcobh wrote: »
    what are you on about? your just stirring **** for the sake of it now. if you bothered to listen to it all you would know the man gets ample time to make his point and even the first 2 callers agree with him and reinforce the point more

Im just telling you what I heard in the time I was listening to it, I cant be wrong in what I said, it is there for anyone to hear.

You heard enough in 2 minutes? I just checked it and im the 1 giving his opinion in the opening 2 minutes?
    If you heard the whole thing you may hear us having a healthy debate with both being quiet. Infact I was quiet and listening for a while before interjecting

You are pulling me up on technicalities again lol, it may not have been exactly 2 mins/160 seconds, but it was a short period of time.

amdublin wrote: »
    This makes no sense to me whatsoever :cool:

Didn't think it would!

Im just telling you what I heard in the time I was listening to it, I cant be wrong in what I said, it is there for anyone to hear.
    Well you can be wrong in the reality world. If you do listen to it, and i hope you do, you can hear the whole thing and how we have a civilised debate. Right there.

geordie 1 wrote: »
    hes the sexiest fooker i know !

There is something wrong with you, but your comments have been funny!

• Advertisement

Right well I have work to do now, important stuff so I will leave you all at it.

If the standard of this "debate" has been restored, I may come back for round 2 in an hour or 2.

I am enjoying this, afterall.

Didn't think it would!

hurdy, you seem to imply that you are no longer a young person but you are the most immature poster here and have hijacked our debate and are totally unwilling to take other opinions on board.

just dont go camping in germany though , the guard dogs are mental , i was once bitten on the arse by a german shepperd, was ok in the end though he apologised & then introduced me to his dog

Like I said gavcobh, I have work to do and will be back when the standard has restored, I was only having a bit of fun for the last while. My first few comments were serious however.

geordie 1 wrote: »
    i was being serious m8 , i take offence to your post

i think your posts are the highlight of this thread to be perfectly honest

Right well I have work to do now, important stuff so I will leave you all at it.

If the standard of this "debate" has been restored, I may come back for round 2 in an hour or 2.

I am enjoying this, afterall.
    Ah the standard. Brought down by urself. This is a debate sir. We have been very courtious to yourself while you have come on and tryed to get a rise outta people and tryed to take the argument off of Woodlands in Tralee who are the ones who have started this debate by being discriminatory against us because we were young. The fact that you are now saying round 2 kinda shows the standard of your debate.
    Once you realise your opinion may be wrong in my opinion and a few others then youv resorted to garbage debate.
    Have a good day.

Like I said gavcobh, I have work to do and will be back when the standard has restored, I was only having a bit of fun for the last while. My first few comments were serious however.

could have fooled me

Ah the standard. Brought down by urself. This is a debate sir. We have been very courtious to yourself while you have come on and tryed to get a rise outta people and tryed to take the argument off of Woodlands in Tralee who are the ones who have started this debate by being discriminatory against us because we were young. The fact that you are now saying round 2 kinda shows the standard of your debate.
    Once you realise your opinion may be wrong in my opinion and a few others then youv resorted to garbage debate.
    Have a good day.

Your opinion isn't wrong I never said that, my opinion is not wrong either, sir, opinions can't be wrong or do I have to go over all that again?

Be back soon, loves you all xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

As Im from tralee and its the festival weekend that guy from Woodlands must of had a bad experience with a group of fellas before turning up at the Rose of tralee but it doesnt excuse what he did especially if ye werent causing any trouble when ye showed up. HurdyGurdy if you think the poster and his pals on this are OTT about complaining, the fact that you are still on about is a day later says more about you than it does about them

• Advertisement

Your opinion isn't wrong I never said that, my opinion is not wrong either, sir, opinions can't be wrong or do I have to go over all that again?

I never said you said that try to read the post sir. I said that "Once you realised your opinion may be wrong in my opinion and a few others then youv resorted to garbage debate." That quote says that i and a few others believe that your point is wrong and once you realised that then you resorted to garbage debate.

hurdy, J.F.K said "too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" think that sums you up

Ill try to get the debate back to the original point so heres my original post once again.

"Myself and 5 friends went away for 2 night camping in kerry. We didnt book in advance and after finding 2 campsites full in camp co kerry we decided to phone around. Phoned woodlands caravan park and was answered by a lovely lady who after we enquired would there be room for 4-5 tents we were told that booking was not available it was 1st come 1st served but that the park had plenty of space so if we were there within the next half an hour we could stay no problem. We got our 2 cars and were there within 20 minutes.
    We arrived and walked up to reception to be met by, who i assume, is the owner who looked at us and said no chance lads we dont do groups. This was before we could even say a word. We told the man that we had phoned and were told by the women who answered that we could but he was adamant. He said this is a family place and he didnt want our sort upsetting the place. We told him we werent going to be yelling, or cursing or even going out just relaxing and having the craic. Nope no chance. We then asked him did he know any other campsites near by and he said he did but wed have to look. He then asked us to leave.
    I am absolutely flabbergasted that in this day and age with a recession that a business would turn away customers like that when, from what we could see, there were plenty of camping spots. To also be told "our sort" is a slap in the face. A group of 24 year olds dressed respectively. The fact that he then wouldnt even help us and asked us to leave when we didnt raise our voices, argue with him etc astounds me. We eventually did camp at Sir Rogers Caravan Park who couldnt have been more helpful. With many businesses struggling the fact that woodlands could treat potential customers like this is a disgrace. We were all quite angry leaving but didnt shout just left quietly and left it.
    I would love to know if a family with 2 adults and 4 children (same size as us) ould be accepted as they are also a group. Horrible experience i hope to not have to experience again.
    On the other hand Sir Rogers Camp Site in Banna were fantastic, very hospitable, friendly, imformative, great facilities and we had a great time.

P.S. I appeared on RTE Liveline on Friday August 12th debating my point with the owner of Woodlands Camping and Caravan Park. The man couldnt remember us 1st, then lied and said we arrived late in the evening and then said he couldnt remember again. Man is a joke. Ill post the link below it starts about 22mins in.
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/player_av.html?0%2Cnull%2C200%2Chttp%3A%2F%2Fdynamic.rte.ie%2Fquickaxs%2F209-r1-liveline-Friday.smil

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

hurdy, J.F.K said "too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" think that sums you up

Nice quote.

Well said gav

thank you amdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ballinue

What has happened to you guys is you are paying for the behavour of other groups of people in your age group, through no fault of yours. I have been involved in the cruiser hire
    bussiness for many years and we would not take groups like that as we on the other side of the coin from your point of view, had so many extremely bad experiences from groups of lads out for the "craic" as they say would show up for their hire crat and while they were
    were on the Marina they would be the nicest people you could meet but as soon as they got out of our sight the would pull the old " Jekyll and hyde Stunt

you know how it is when you're walking up the stairs, and you get to the top,
    and you think there's one more step? I'm like that all the time, but thanks for the comments anyway

ballinue wrote: »
    What has happened to you guys is you are paying for the behavour of other groups of people in your age group, through no fault of yours. I have been involved in the cruiser hire
    bussiness for many years and we would not take groups like that as we on the other side of the coin from your point of view, had so many extremely bad experiences from groups of lads out for the "craic" as they say would show up for their hire crat and while they were
    were on the Marina they would be the nicest people you could meet but as soon as they got out of our sight the would pull the old " Jekyll and hyde Stunt

but i bet you wouldnt be rude to them if you refused them would you? and if they offered a deposit that would cover any damage they could possibly do what would you say? also id imagine on a cruise you cant throw people off, in a camp site you can throw people out and that would in my opinion be a big factor in it. like i get the man has to protect his business but should that excuse stereotyping us to the point where no common sense and respect is used

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

celticutd87, you were annoyed that in fairness I can understand but why lower yourself to the level of Joe Duffy?

Advertisement