Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP Touchpad Thread (NO Discussion Of Personal Buying/Selling)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭td2008

celj wrote: »
    Do Tesco sell them??
    Do in england anyway
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.2000419$3999291/Nr.99.aspx?Ns=P_HIDDEN_Stock_Available|1||P_SORT_Price&btnResultSort.x=43&btnResultSort.y=11

Dont recall ever seeing them sell touchpads here, maybe dundrum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Dman001 wrote: »
    Not really, unless you really need Flash Support. But in fairness, most of the good Flash based sites have Apps for the iPad now or now support HTML5.

And judging by the vids of it, looks like the ipad is the better build quality.

Suppose main reason is to try android (always on iOS), anyone have experience of honeycomb on a tablet compared to iOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Alan_Madden

so is there anybody gonna queue at currys/pc world tomorrow?

Me deffo!!!!!!!!!!! "Working from Home" is great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭sdiff

So... once this madness ends what will the price of these things be on ebay/craigslist

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

Ill hit you back if I get a 32 in PC World in the morning.

The need to open it is going to take over in the next hour or two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Me deffo!!!!!!!!!!! "Working from Home" is great :D

FUNemployment for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

From what I can tell, the support skype video out of the box. Can anyone confirm?

If so I'd consider getting one for my dad.

We've establish that Harvey Norman have some(correct?) but does anyone else in Ireland have them at the cheap prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Can anyone confirm if the Anazon Kindle app is working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Still holding out for an online retailer myself. At least we have the luck that we have some retailers are acknowledging the price drop - according to a lot of what I've been reading that's not happening in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭sdiff

ToadVine wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the Anazon Kindle app is working?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09SyZzu9TZ4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

joe316 wrote: »
    Suppose main reason is to try android (always on iOS), anyone have experience of honeycomb on a tablet compared to iOS?

It's not android, it's webOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

we've established that harvey is sold out, pcworld have them on sale tomorrow at reduced price from 10 am( about 6 per store) and online retailers are still wondering what to do

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    It's not android, it's webOS

Sorry should have said "for when Android is ported over"

sdiff wrote: »
    So... once this madness ends what will the price of these things be on ebay/craigslist

They're showing up at about 130 euro plus on ebay from the US at the moment, but ridiculous shipping on top of that (and import duty). The thing is, most people who bought them in the US did so yesterday and so won't have received them yet, so there's a lot of resellers yet to come. For the sellers to make a profit, assuming they sell out in Ireland and the UK, I imagine we'd be looking to spend at least 150 euro. The demand will disappear once this frenzy is over though.

somakasvh wrote: »
    The need to open it is going to take over in the next hour or two!

Hehe I wouldn't blame ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Does it do video skype?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Does it do video skype?

Yawn, stretch, google
    http://www.google.ie/search?q=hp+touchpad+skype+video

So when exactly does everything cost €99, Today or tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

hmmmm not sure whether to go a bit early and queue or not. i certainly wudnt queue earlier than about half 9.

So when exactly does everything cost €99, Today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow in PC world/curry's, today in harvey norman (sold out), and for any other retailer, it's anyone's guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

hmmmm not sure whether to go a bit early and queue or not. i certainly wudnt queue earlier than about half 9.

When I rang PCworld Cork they told me all have been reserved for tomorrow at the lower price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

hmmm this thread has 500 or so replies yet over 35,000 views so you may want to reconsider that;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

if it's anything like a lidl/aldi special then chances are against you getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

When I rang PCworld Cork they told me all have been reserved for tomorrow at the lower price.
    i emailed pc world and they replied stating that there would be no reservations and to just queue up tomorrow. My problem is queueing for an hour with a three year old may not be fun........

Looks like Argos is the only hope for those of us with no credit cards and a reservation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Up to you, but you wont get one if you do that.

i emailed pc world and they replied stating that there would be no reservations and to just queue up tomorrow. My problem is queueing for an hour with a three year old may not be fun........

I'd ring the store you intend queuing at if I were you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I'd ring the store you intend queuing at if I were you!

Staff rep said they'd post where the stock would be, from around 5pm today.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73954359

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

32GB on Elara gone to 0 now too. Not sure what's going on there.

Really hope I get my hands on one of these. I was even tempted to pay the full price! (except I'm flat broke :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Picked up a 32 gig for 129 in Harvey Norman, Kinsale road Cork this afternoon. There was a steady stream of people buying and they didn't last long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

32GB on Elara gone to 0 now too. Not sure what's going on there.

Really hope I get my hands on one of these. I was even tempted to pay the full price! (except I'm flat broke :p)

it says back in stock tomorrow, i'd say they will relist it tomorrow at the discounted price

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

My brother is crazy. He's going to Carrickmines even though they're supposedly sold out. To be fair he did reserve it but he rang them asking if they still had it and said we'll ring back but haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

beanian wrote: »
    it says back in stock tomorrow, i'd say they will relist it tomorrow at the discounted price

When i clicked notify me it says back in stock in 2020 >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

beanian wrote: »

Ya both 16gb and 32gb say back in stock tomorrow, hopefully at the lower price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

When i clicked notify me it says back in stock in 2020 >_>

Click Here , beside the product names says back in stock 23/08/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Coming up to 3 o'clock are no change on HPStore, so I'm thinking tomorrow we'll see most of the retailers drop the price.

manu2009 wrote: »
    Ya both 16gb and 32gb say back in stock tomorrow, hopefully at the lower price.

I can't see that at all. What I see is:
    0 Available to Ship
    Unknown Restock Date

which could mean anything (though seems likely they will restock at the new price)

Edit: it's different in the search results and product page. mystery solved

Wiirdo wrote: »
    My brother is crazy. He's going to Carrickmines even though they're supposedly sold out. To be fair he did reserve it but he rang them asking if they still had it and said we'll ring back but haven't.

I was planning queuing up here tomorrow......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

joe316 wrote: »
    Sorry should have said "for when Android is ported over"

if android is ported over Successfully.

• Advertisement

Elara just changed free shipping to 8 euro

that too!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

WebOS is a great OS, so I wouldn't worry too much if Android wasn't ported. The only problem with WebOS is its lack of Apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

how hard would it be for a pretty techy guy but with no experience of this kind of thing to put android on the touchpad after these guys release their work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Id say Elara are probably getting them from the same supplier i spoke about earlier, i rang them and they are in discussions with HP about the price..

Unfortunatly they are a distributer can cant be bought from without an account..

There stock has gone up dramatically to 2000, so it looks like all these online resellers have cancelled preorders at the higher price..

bricky06 wrote: »
    how hard would it be for a pretty techy guy but with no experience of this kind of thing to put android on the touchpad after these guys release their work?

It's speculation at this point. It'll amount to following instructions on a thread somewhere, most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

Elara stock may be back up today I hope. Credit card on the ready :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Picked up a 32 gig for 129 in Harvey Norman, Kinsale road Cork this afternoon. There was a steady stream of people buying and they didn't last long.

This afternoon ? , they told me at 12.30 that they were all gone! , grrrrrrrr

Keith186 wrote: »
    Elara stock may be back up today I hope. Credit card on the ready :)

It says "Details of price drops to be decided by end of today" as of about 45 seconds ago. So much for getting any work done...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=WCEFB405UAABB

HP TOUCHPAD T 16GB WIFI (Back in Stock 23/08/2011 - Details of price drops to be decided by end of today)

I am sitting here, debating whether to go into town (Dublin) or not and look for these bad boys....Carphonewarehouse have them in stock but still listed at higher prices......

I'm afraid if I go, Ill miss an online sale. FFS :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement