Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP Touchpad Thread (NO Discussion Of Personal Buying/Selling)

1157158159160161163»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If i do not use mine you can have first call on it...

Speaking of the FNAC voucher...going to bump the long lost thread.

Cheers, appreciate it. Will be buying a second preference tablet over the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hanzer

Thor wrote: »
    OKay, Never got a tracking number, But went to the DHL website and hit track by reference and typed in the invoice number and the delivery location and it found it.

So now have the tracking number.

Anyone else looking to get there tracking number can do the same. Assuming they didn't get one from FNAC!

Did you enter any specific dates for shipment? The number you enter is the one under "Facture" right? This isn't working for me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Tusky wrote: »

Cheers, appreciate it. Will be buying a second preference tablet over the next week or so.

Hi guys,
    Where the best place in town to buy as US to Irish plug converter, need one to charge TP? Called Peat's today and they want €10 for one! They can whistle....

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I asked for a spare code two pages back ;)

Ah well.

Done

I sent you PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Done

I sent you PM

You're a gent, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 attalus

Would it be possible to have your code if you don't want to use it?I would appreciate it. Would not be unfair to ask now that Tusky has been given one:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Might be of interest to some here who didn't get a touchpad...

Refurbished iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB (first generation)

€279.00

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FB292B/A?mco=MjEzNzcyOTk

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Does anyone know if they have the tp in any stores in Spain? Friend is going on holidays there this week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Where the best place in town to buy as US to Irish plug converter, need one to charge TP? Called Peat's today and they want €10 for one! They can whistle....

Cheers,
    M

the 2 euro store has them, tescos or heatons should have them 2. dont know how much in the last 2 stores I mentioned. pretty much anywhere has them, thats if its a us to irish plug, but as mentioned if its for something that isnt on our 220v you need a step down transformer. And they can be quite expensive. :eek:
    A quick check on the back of the item near the fcc logo or description should tell ya if its 110-220v. if it just says 110v you might be better off with the step down transformer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i was in the Q too for the spare code.
    anyone????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

anyone????

sent you a pm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭jwmpayne2004

Any spare codes lads? Will be delighted if you ll be giving it to me. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Mack_Attack

What is the latest on this lads? Is all hope lost for obtaining a TP at the sale price? Have people been getting any joy recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

If there was a spare code going I would also be very happy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 attalus

mailburner wrote: »
    anyone????

sent you a pm :)

I've been asking for a code myself while back :(. Come on... Where is the love..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

What is the latest on this lads? Is all hope lost for obtaining a TP at the sale price? Have people been getting any joy recently?
    The latest seems to have been in-store in Carphonewarehouse in the UK but nothing here.

Has anyone been in HMV lately? Do they still have signs up saying they will have Touchpads in early October?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

guys, can we please not turn this into a request thread again?

(btw I know I'm not a mod so you can tell me where to go, but the "me too" posts ruin the thread)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

guys, can we please not turn this into a request thread again?
    No, you're right..

.. this is why I was suggesting the thread closure.

Stock of them is pretty much dwindled at this stage and it's turned into a page of requesting codes for a tablet, and not even the HP Touchpad! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Mack_Attack

Thanks Do-More. I am actually living in London at the moment, there is a carphone warehouse not far from my office, I will pop in over lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

daytob wrote: »
    the 2 euro store has them, tescos or heatons should have them 2. dont know how much in the last 2 stores I mentioned. pretty much anywhere has them, thats if its a us to irish plug, but as mentioned if its for something that isnt on our 220v you need a step down transformer. And they can be quite expensive. :eek:
    A quick check on the back of the item near the fcc logo or description should tell ya if its 110-220v. if it just says 110v you might be better off with the step down transformer

It says 110-220v so looks like the 2 Euro shop may be the best bet or the other places you mentioned!

For those that got theirs here in Europe is the 2 pin plug fixed to your HP Charger or does it come off? My US 2 pin plug is fixed on :-(

• Advertisement

Here's the latest: In the states there has been loads of activities with online retailers. Office depot sold 1000 touchpads last Tuesday morning but it was all gone in 20 minutes. Also an amazon retailer is stepping up honouring cancelled amazon order numbers and is only limiting 1TP per customer. The thing is you need to have the cancelled order number and your amazon email to proceed with the checkout. I have tried my cancelled order number emailed by amazon uk but didn't worked. Only cancelled order made from amazon US are taken. HMV ? Just spoken to a manager and was told 1st week of October is the target date.Any news from Harvey Norman?
    September 28: According to blogs TPs will be sold live at HP.com think this is only rumor. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Basq wrote: »
    No, you're right..

.. this is why I was suggesting the thread closure.

Stock of them is pretty much dwindled at this stage and it's turned into a page of requesting codes for a tablet, and not even the HP Touchpad! :D

it's totally up to you when to close it, you're the mod
    I think you're just enjoying the thread a bit too much

Here's the latest: In the states there has been loads of activities with online retailers. Office depot sold 1000 touchpads last Tuesday morning but it was all gone in 20 minutes. Also an amazon retailer is stepping up honouring cancelled amazon order numbers and is only limiting 1TP per customer. The thing is you need to have the cancelled order number and your amazon email to proceed with the checkout. I have tried my cancelled order number emailed by amazon uk but didn't worked. Only cancelled order made from amazon US are taken. HMV ? Just spoken to a manager and was told 1st week of October is the target date.Any news from Harvey Norman?
    September 28: According to blogs TPs will be sold live at HP.com think this is only rumor. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think you're just enjoying the thread a bit too much
    Jesus, you couldn't be more wrong!

As I've said in the past, this thread has been an absolute nightmare. There has been 135 revisions to thread titles / deletion of posts etc.

Just as a rough guideline:

a) Touchpad's went on sale in stores.. members were being asked if they'd be willing to pick up a few for other members.
    b) Touchpad's went on sale in Argos.. queue the "anyone got a spare code?" requests.
    c) Then we had the buying / selling and profiteering debacle
    d) Then we had members circumvent the above by asking for a "trade"
    e) Then we had FNAC and the voucher codes

And there's probably other things I'm forgetting.

I said originally I was keeping this thread open as there was still the FNAC situation up in here.. now that's been resolved, I suggested the thread closure. But if there's any members still waiting to hear from FNAC etc, I'd like somewhere for them to go.

But I think this thread has run it's course.. if there's another surge of stock, feel free to start a new thread but everything right now seems to be in "What stock? Where is it? When is it?" requests.

So.. that's it.. probably BA's biggest ever thread. So after over 710K views and 8,100 posts. So long and thanks for all the Touchpads!

Closed!

9581404.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement