Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP Touchpad Thread (NO Discussion Of Personal Buying/Selling)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Why what did he do?
    Did he try it on with you or something ?

Probably upset the shop was busy and he had to do some work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

how early do you think you'd need to be outside a pcworld tomorrow to get into some sort of queue? (they're opening at 10)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

bricky06 wrote: »
    how early do you think you'd need to be outside a pcworld tomorrow to get into some sort of queue? (they're opening at 10)

From about 8pm tonight knowing some people :D

Aparently the only have 5 or 6 in total.

Waste of time going imo, there is always gonna be people more dedicated that will be there from mad hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Yeah if I can't get one today I'll be there tomorrow. How early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

cisk wrote: »
    Aparently the only have 5 or 6 in total.

Waste of time going imo, there is always gonna be people more dedicated that will be there from mad hours.

Or staff will just buy them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

A good few hours to stand any chance. Theres going to a be a good few dole heads going in, since they open at 10, just to sell at a profit also, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Are you sure they open at 10 countrywide? I'd say half 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Or staff will just buy them.

When I was in HN getting one, I heard the checkout girl telling one of the guys to put one away for her as she wanted to buy one after her shift.

I suppose that's just one of the perks of the job

Are you sure they open at 10 countrywide? I'd say half 9.
    Half 9 to start queuing????

Half 9 to start queuing????

Am I under-estimating how many people know about this?

a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

My sister's just been in to HN in Naas to get me one. 4 left.

Definitely, especially for the dublin stores. Only going to be 3 or 4 per store supposedly, need to be there a few hours before hand at least.

Is HN Naas sold out then? They seemed to be the last resort as they got in new stock today I think they said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well gents I am now the proud owner of a 32GB touchpad. Got one in carrickmines. There are no more in stock at any Harvey Norman stores in the country. Cheers fellas!!!!!!

Well gents I am now the proud owner of a 32GB touchpad. Got one in carrickmines. There are now more in stock at any Harvey Norman stores in the country. Cheers fellas!!!!!!
    How do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Well gents I am now the proud owner of a 32GB touchpad. Got one in carrickmines. There are now more in stock at any Harvey Norman stores in the country. Cheers fellas!!!!!!

Give a quick review? Worth it for an ipad 2 owner who has a touchpad reserved?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Do you mean there are more now or none left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

joe316 wrote: »
    Give a quick review? Worth it for an ipad 2 owner who has a touchpad reserved?

can I have it if you choose not to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Do you think it will be possible to port over Android OS soon ?

think he meant "no more" not "now more" :(

This thread moves too fast! I went in and the dude in the computer section immediately knew why I was there and said there none in stock anywhere, when I told him I had a reservation he just gave one to me. Apparently they sold out in 27 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

swingking wrote: »
    Do you think it will be possible to port over Android OS soon ?

there are developers working on it at the moment over here

I'd reckon there will be a few beta releases and then a release candidate in a few weeks.

take jervis sc in dublin, they dont open til 9. would people set up a queue outside the centre or would it be like a 100m free for all from the door to pcworld? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Just been to HR Carrickmines, all gone 90 minutes ago, and none in other stores.

take jervis sc in dublin, they dont open til 9. would people set up a queue outside the centre or would it be like a 100m free for all from the door to pcworld? :confused:
    They will set-up a que. They will ask what you are in the que for, then its first come first serve. They will give one to the each person in the que as they go down the que. Its not like the doors open and everyone runs into the store :pac:

think he meant "no more" not "now more" :(

I edited my unfortunate typo as soon as possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Anyone wanna pick me one up and post it to me? Been trying to get one for my mums birthday, Just rung everywhere locally and they've none is stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Any online stores yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Anyone wanna pick me one up and post it to me? Been trying to get one for my mums birthday, Just rung everywhere locally and they've none is stock.

Ah ha ha ha ha

miralize wrote: »
    Any online stores yet?
    HP Germany has them for sale online at the same price as harvey norman, no change on the irish site YET though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Tried to get a lift to Naas with a friend but he's not interested. (*cough* w4nk3r *cough*)

I guess there's no point in going in at 5pm when I can get out there next...

Early tomorrow out to currys/pc world then.

Local PC world didn't know anything about it, just rang them. I'll pop in tomorrow at 10 anyway just in case.

They said they get new prices tomorrow morning.

long_b wrote: »
    Ah ha ha ha ha

It's actually genuine, But I assumed it'd be taken as a joke.

Edit: I've an iPad 2 which I won, perfectly happy with that :)

Ricky91t wrote: »
    You serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Got the last one at Carrickmines! 32GB for 129€ reduced from 579€

rang at 11.30 am and booked it, blessed.

Literally picked up the last unit and wanted a 2nd but last meant last so cannot help out others. Guy there said even they cannot buy them and that no more of them were expected in. Lad there also reckoned HP would break them for components as there was good quality speakers and screen inside.

Cheers once again lads, thanks for the help :D

clicked through on the german "buy now" link there, looks like their server is down so you know what to expect when it hits the irish store

You serious?

Yes, when you've been on boards as long as I have you realize there are genuine people who are helpful and friendly. Obviously you have to ignore the numptys who aren't, but It's worth a try.

• Advertisement

Well first impressions are very good. The browser is quick to load pages and flash seems to work well. Scrolling is jittery across the board, not a deal breaker of course:p:p
    Best BA all year! Best of luck to everyone! I have an argos reservation code if anyone wants one(blanch).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

silly question, are you guys still getting email alerts for when this forum is updating, not this thread, but the forum, i seem to have stopped since friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Well first impressions are very good. The browser is quick to load pages and flash seems to work well. Scrolling is jittery across the board, not a deal breaker of course:p:p
    Best BA all year! Best of luck to everyone! I have an argos reservation code if anyone wants one(blanch).

I'd love that reservation alanstrainor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

davoxx wrote: »
    silly question, are you guys still getting email alerts for when this forum is updating, not this thread, but the forum, i seem to have stopped since friday.

Davoxx, you have to look in regularly otherwise you stop getting the updates!

davoxx wrote: »

No, now you say it, I didn't notice.

Maybe It was causing too much mail traffic! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Download the 3.0.2 software update (Settings-> System Updates-> download), will sort a lot of the software jitters.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

Davoxx, you have to look in regularly otherwise you stop getting the updates!

i did, i was on it on friday ... but i would still get email updates even if i had not been to the forum in a week, the last time this happened, it was around this time too.

are people still content with their argos reservations? has anyone gotten word that they intend to drop the price and not just send them back to hp or something like best buy in US initially said they would. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 orourkk3

Anyone bought off dabs.ie before? They have over 200 in stock, no price drop yet doh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Does anyone expect Argos to price drop to a similar price as Currys/HN? I've got a reservation on a 32GB up there. if I get one on Currys tomorrow someone else can have the reservation (Sligo).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

are people still content with their argos reservations? has anyone gotten word that they intend to drop the price and not just send them back to hp or something like best buy in US initially said they would. :confused:

Id say they will sell them at 100, HP are going to have them the cost per unit anyhow, might as well get them out of the stores at some return. Rather than paying shipping, storage etc.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement