Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Down On Dunmore Road Again :(

• 20-08-2011 8:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭

Hi All

My UPC phone/bb service has been down since yesterday at 6pm. I'm living in Riverview (Dunmore Road).
    I call UPC and they say yeah it looks like all modems are offline in that area. he says we will put in a service call for you. He said the more service calls we put in the faster they send an engineer out to fix the fault. WTF
    Why can't they just report a fault in the area and send an engineer themselves to fix it ?. They should not be waiting for others to report the fault then decide if they will send someone out to fix it.
    This is nearly a bi-weekly occurrence having to call UPC with fault problems. When it works it's great when it doesn't it's sh1te.
    Anyone else have problems with UPC

P.S Sorry for the long rant :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I'll never forgive UPC for their service over Christmas. We were without internet and poor TV service from the 5th December to the 9th of January. It took 5 engineers to find out what the problem was, it turned out the to be two cables brushing off each other underground but the fuss they made out of it was unforgiveable. I got 3 months credit off them but internet over Christmas is a neccesity in this day and age. I still have intermittent problems and a lot of freezing/pix on the TV. If I wasn't moving out soon I would be kicking up a stink but I just couldn't be bothered going through all the hassle again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Theres new broadband upgrades coming next month I think, that might have something to do with it, saw upc digging up the road at the bottom of viewmount the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

shockwave wrote: »
    Theres new broadband upgrades coming next month I think, that might have something to do with it, saw upc digging up the road at the bottom of viewmount the other day.

Just called UPC. There is an automated message saying "engineers are fixing the outage". Let's hope it's fixed soon :)

Edit: Fixed now, but for how long :D

Advertisement