Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushcutter or strimmer

Options
  • 20-08-2011 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed a petrol bushcutter on sale in woodies yday marked down from 130 to 90. That was as much as I was willing to pay for a strimmer. What is the difference ? It says it can use line or blade . The brand wad PRO 50 I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

the difference is a strimmer uses line where the brushcutter uses a blade.most will have both that you can interchange
    if its for sale in woodies and reduced you can be pretty sure its rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

strimmer probably has smaller engine, is lighter, and is made for strimming lawn edges etc.
    brushcutter should has bigger engine, more power, and is perfect for cutting weeds, long grass etc, also can be use for strimming lawn edges.
    I am using Pro Cut brushcutter and it isnt perfect tool, nothing to compare with tanaka or stilh brushcutters which ones i used before. but if you cant affort to pay at least 350e then go for the one from woodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

strimmer probably has smaller engine, is lighter, and is made for strimming lawn edges etc.
    brushcutter should has bigger engine, more power, and is perfect for cutting weeds, long grass etc, also can be use for strimming lawn edges.
    I am using Pro Cut brushcutter and it isnt perfect tool, nothing to compare with tanaka or stilh brushcutters which ones i used before. but if you cant affort to pay at least 350e then go for the one from woodies.

I have a tanaka.. Unreal machine...

Advertisement