Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to learning. Help needed!

Options
  • 20-08-2011 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello everyone,
    I hope to be doing a VTAC course in the coming months. I have decided to do an e-learing course online over a taught course in a classroom due to the big cost difference. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with.

1. Is there any mature student funding I can tap into for an e-learning course or part time learning(Fas maybe)?
    2. Where can I go to find out who supplies these VTAC courses, who can I contact?
    3. E-Learning vs. Classroom Learning, which will benefit me more?
    Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

VTAC or FETAC....if you're getting this bit wrong at this stage Im scared for your prospects with the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Only helpful posts please.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Hi if you mean fas e learning courses I'm sure these are free if you are on a social welfare payment the class room courses are too to the best of my knowledge. As for funding I don't think you will get any for a part time course. Before fas would give you money towards the course or your local swo but I'm sure that's phased out now.

http://www.qualifax.ie/ this should list courses available in your area or else maybe contact a local plc college and they will advise you. Best of luck!

Also I'd recommend a classroom course because it's easier to stay on track and get the work done.

Advertisement