Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a house south dublin

Options
  • 20-08-2011 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

hi everyone trying to buy a house at the moment.
    i work in ballsbridge and bf works sandyford area.
    so need to be near dart or luases

just wondering about tallaght and surrounding areas seem to get more for
    your money around here
    but my question is where and where not to live in tallaght etc
    i know its fairly big area
    thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GeeNorm

From your post you seem to both work roughly along dart, green line luas. Neither go to tallaght so if seeking value, maybe head further out the n11 so luas dart will be nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

The red line LUAS doesn't go to Sandyford, the alternative would be to live in parts of Tallaght served by the 75 bus route as 4 times during weekdays that bus goes to Sandyford Industrial Estate. Otherwise, you'd have to go into town then get the bus/LUAS back out again. No part of Tallaght is served by the DART, so for Ballsbridge you'd have to get the bus/LUAS into town then get another form of transport.

I understand that Tallaght is cheaper to live in than most places but unless you live in the part of Tallaght served by the LUAS then it usually takes over an hour to get into the city and in general it's not very well connected. Perhaps it would actually be more cost effective to live somewhere closer to where you and your boyfriend work because the commute from Tallaght would probably be both expensive and exhausting. But if you're still interested in moving the Tallaght areas such as Old Bawn, Firhouse and Kingswood are good locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ballybrack would be the best you could get that isnt in the City Centre. Its about 5 minutes walk to the green line at Cherrywood and about the same to Killiney Dart station.

Advertisement