Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tallaght etc

Options
  • 20-08-2011 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

hi everyone trying to buy a house at the moment.
    i work in ballsbridge and bf works sandyford area.
    so need to be near dart or luases

just wondering about tallaght and surrounding areas seem to get more for
    your money around here
    but my question is where and where not to live in tallaght etc
    i know its fairly big area
    thanks for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'd avoid Jobstown, Fortunestown etc, basically anything west of The Square and North of the N81. Best areas are Kingswood and Belgard.

If you find something you're interested in, drive around the area at a few different times of evening/night to see what it's like, that's your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

You could try Saggart its the last stop on the Luas its a decent enough area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Saggart is grand. So is Rathcoole.

If I were you I would rent in the area before you buy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

There are a few decent areas, but I'd question if you are relying on public transport whether Tallaght is your best bet for work in Ballsbridge or Sandyford.

There is no DART, and while there is a LUAS it won't help with either of those places.

Advertisement