Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pembily wrote: »
    Yup! If I hit b instead if n it puts and to abduction :o

Ahh gotcha. So how long left on the journey home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Yup! If I hit b instead if n it puts and to abduction :o

Ahh gotcha. So how long left on the journey home?
    In Portlaoise, I'll be home by 7! It takes ages... How's work?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

In Portlaoise, I'll be home by 7! It takes ages... How's work?

Feck that.. ya shud have stayed in dublin and help me move apt.
    Now dont start with that whole arm in cast thing again!!! :pac:

Work is very very quiet and I'm thinking of heading soon. Still loadsa packing to be done :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'm so bored. I just want to be back in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'm so bored. I just want to be back in work.

Grrrrrrr.
    :pac:

Feck that.. ya shud have stayed in dublin and help me move apt.
    Now dont start with that whole arm in cast thing again!!! :pac:

Work is very very quiet and I'm thinking of heading soon. Still loadsa packing to be done :(
    Just an fyi I'm a bossy bitch :p Also I would be as useful as a chocolate teapot!

PK is bored, I'm sure he'll help... Where are you moving to?

Edited to say chocolate :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Grrrrrrr.

I love my job and I prefer my normal routine. I need a purpose or I can go a little mad!

All dressed up and nowhere to go :P

Just an fyi I'm a bossy bitch :p Also I would be as useful as a chock teapot!

Oh one of them eh?? Some duck tape would sort that easily enough..:pac:

Grrrrrrr.

I love my job and I prefer my normal routine. I need a purpose or I can go a little mad!

I can be a bit like that.. its nice to have a routine..

• Advertisement

It was meant to say chocolate teapot! Damned predictive text...

I love and need routine but mines all messed up anyway!

It was meant to say chocolate teapot! Damned predictive text...

I love and need routine but mines all messed up anyway!

So can you go back to work with your hand in a cast??

Yup, thankfully! But sure I was at work last week with a broken wrist and no cast :o

Yup, thankfully! But sure I was at work last week with a broken wrist and no cast :o

What do you work at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Got let out an hour early,yaaay!

Nice!! :D

• Advertisement

What do you work at?

I'm in a mostly admin role and it will be off for my bday in February!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I love Google music.. :)
    Haven't used it despite going to the effort of getting invited via a proxy when it was only available in the states.

I like Grooveshark alot though :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Use grooveshark meself too. Never really saw the need in google music.

Until google buy grooveshark :pac:

Racing home to put the feet up eh?!
    Lucky you :p

Use grooveshark meself too. Never really saw the need in google music.

Until google buy grooveshark :pac:

Ahh I just like the fact about how handy it is to use with android phones and 200k tunes upload capacity has taken serious pressure off my media server :D

• Advertisement

Ahh I just like the fact about how handy it is to use with android phones and 200k tunes upload capacity has taken serious pressure off my media server :D
    I'd only be worried about the whole - 'I'm uploading songs that I've obtained legally' bit

At least with Grooveshark you don't have to upload the songs are already there and they've got a huge selection :)

Were you using a PC as a media server TP? Would like to hear about how you set it up, software used etc. as I've a spare PC at home that I've been meaning to put to use for a while.

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'd only be worried about the whole - 'I'm uploading songs that I've obtained legally' bit

At least with Grooveshark you don't have to upload the songs are already there and they've got a huge selection :)

Were you using a PC as a media server TP? Would like to hear about how you set it up, software used etc. as I've a spare PC at home that I've been meaning to put to use for a while.

Nope, have a media server, one of these babies.. :D

Nice - was looking at the iomega NAS systems around at the moment - they're cheaper than your HP but I'm sure they'll go down in price even further soon.

Have a 1tb media player that I can hook up to the network and watch stuff on the TV with but I hate the software on it - started using a PC with Boxee but it's taking up a bit too much space in the sitting room for my liking.

Then last week I saw the latest releases of my media player by Iomega come with boxee preinstalled and with a remote which also functions as a keypad for easier searching - was bulling when I saw it!!

Blonde brain melting from all the tech talk :pac:

Nice - was looking at the iomega NAS systems around at the moment - they're cheaper than your HP but I'm sure they'll go down in price even further soon.

Have a 1tb media player that I can hook up to the network and watch stuff on the TV with but I hate the software on it - started using a PC with Boxee but it's taking up a bit too much space in the sitting room for my liking.

Then last week I saw the latest releases of my media player by Iomega come with boxee preinstalled and with a remote which also functions as a keypad for easier searching - was bulling when I saw it!!

Ah that always happens. I bought mine ovet to 2 years ago and to be honest I use it purely for storage and backups. Liked it cause it was small and no messing around with shuttle PCs to get something the same size. It also has RAID which helps.

I have a WD media player with no internal storage which I bring travelling with me and keep movies on a USB key. No moving parts so nothing to get broken when traveling :)

Wait until we start with the TLA's... :pac:

Googled TLA's....feels very foolish :(

Seriously though there's too many acronyms in IT!

Googled TLA's....feels very foolish :(

Seriously though there's too many acronyms in IT!

I love using that and seeing the blank and confused expressions on peoples faces :D

FYI PPO :P

ttfn ftw :pac:

• Advertisement

ttfn ftw :pac:

Hey thats cheating.. iirc TLA does not include ttfn.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I just walked into a door, it kinda hurt. I got distracted by cake and I didn't see the damn door:(

Evening all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ah don't worry Kya, for some people, walking into a door can be hard to handle. I hope the pain from it doesn't leave you unhinged.
    Maybe after having some of the cake you might swing back into action again. Everyone adoors a nice cake!

:o:pac::o:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Ah don't worry Kya, for some people, walking into a door can be hard to handle. I hope the pain from it doesn't leave you unhinged.
    Maybe after having some of the cake you might swing back into action again. Everyone adoors a nice cake!

:o:pac::o:pac:
    Oh Mr funny man eh:P:D

I came in here for some sympathy but I clearly went to the wrong place:pac:

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Oh Mr funny man eh:P:D

I came in here for some sympathy but I clearly went to the wrong place:pac:

Heyyy...that post took me ages to come up with!
    Ahh no, plenty of sympathy round here, you just have to search really really hard to find it!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Heyyy...that post took me ages to come up with!
    Ahh no, plenty of sympathy round here, you just have to search really really hard to find it!:pac:
    Fair enough, I suppose you'll get some credit for that so:p

Yea I'm still looking for some...

I can offer you some sympathy, as of only earlier today I fell victim to the pain of the little piggy toe hitting the door..you should have heard the obscenities that ensued..!

Aww thank you, and I'll send some on to you as well :)

Think I'm gonna need some more cake now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Yea I'm still looking for some...

You'll find some in the bottom of a bottle of whiskey :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hey thats cheating.. iirc TLA does not include ttfn.. :pac:

Red headed brain melting! So confused

Daisies wrote: »

Red headed brain melting! So confused

Ah don't worry, we will explain it to you some day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

evenin peeps. i'm frozen here!

got my camera :) been messing around with it for the last while, should be easy enough to get the hang of it. it'd be nice to get some clear skies now for some good shots

got my camera :) been messing around with it for the last while, should be easy enough to get the hang of it. it'd be nice to get some clear skies now for some good shots

Nice one!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

I want a new camera! May have a look-see in the sales, but yes we'll need to see some bluer skies soon methinks. Although today was kinda nice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Ah don't worry, we will explain it to you some day :D

I've a feeling that may confuse me more. Jeez I'm making myself sound like an awful idiot over the last few days.

Very jealous. I want a new camera.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

if you're looking for a good camera, have a look on pixmania, that's where i got mine, for €150.

Morning all.. and what a cold wet miserable dark morning it is too :D

Just came on to put the exact same thing TP!
    Did not want to get up this morning.

aye, nor did I, but that may have been the feck all sleep moreso...

...hmm time for more tea.

aye, nor did I, but that may have been the feck all sleep moreso...

...hmm time for more tea.

Good point. I went out, didn't drink though, but still didn't get home till about 3am. There'll be an afternoon slump for sure :p

Half a sugar Drav if you're puttin the kettle on ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement