Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Haha fair enough:D

Ah yea moving is never fun.... The unpacking is the worst..

I had a lovely Xmas:) We are only dating atm, but yea it's going pretty damn well:D

Ahh I havent started unpacking yet. I reckon I'll leave that for a few weeks. The sheer amount of boxes I have to unpack and sort is scary :eek:

Soooo a good start to the new year for you?

Finally gave up on SUN eh? Didnt get anywhere with her, even after all that Tequila?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ahh I havent started unpacking yet. I reckon I'll leave that for a few weeks. The sheer amount of boxes I have to unpack and sort is scary :eek:

Soooo a good start to the new year for you?

Finally gave up on SUN eh? Didnt get anywhere with her, even after all that Tequila?? :pac:
    I'm looking to move as well, but just the thought of the unpacking puts me off.

Aye, I did try my very best though:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I'm looking to move as well, but just the thought of the unpacking puts me off.

Aye, I did try my very best though:p

Yeah its a pain. I knew I was moving ages ago but all the travelling I had to do with work between Sept and Dec killed all plans I had to get rid of the junk I had lying around to make moving easier. That all had to come with me and now the spare room is full to the brim of it :(

I have set the task of it all being gone by end of Jan. A bit of a pipe dream but who knows.

So when you thinking of moving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Panthro wrote: »
    Well, that's me starting 2012 pretty much exactly how I finished 2011, having a brew!
    The diet and the quitting alcohol and the going for a run at least 3 times a week and the volunteeringand the saving the baby Jesus and all the the rest of it all starts Tuesday....sware to Gawd..:o
    :pac:

I know the feeling. I was telling myself I'd go for a run this morning, first one in ages. But apparently it's 2 degree's outside :eek: and I'm not feeling particularly motivated!

G-Money wrote: »
    I know the feeling. I was telling myself I'd go for a run this morning, first one in ages. But apparently it's 2 degree's outside :eek: and I'm not feeling particularly motivated!

at 7am it was .5 degrees with a windchill of close to -3.. ugh!! :eek:

• Advertisement

at 7am it was .5 degrees with a windchill of close to -3.. ugh!! :eek:

That settle's it. Run postponed until tomorrow.

Now, off to McDonalds :D

That settle's it. Run postponed until tomorrow.

Now, off to McDonalds :D

I think thats a sensible option.. postponing the run.

McD's for brekkie?? Ahh c'mon, you can do better than that surely!! :eek:

McD's for brekkie?? Ahh c'mon, you can do better than that surely!! :eek:

You are right. Lunch it is :cool:

Well it was nice to leave my house for work today safe in the knowledge that since I set up, prepared, cooked for and stocked for the 2 and a bit day party that has left my house and gardens in carnage - its up to my girlfriends and not me to clean it all up. Wohoo. Can not wait to see how much progress they have made by 6pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

That's no excuse :pac:
    Once you're warmed up (do a bit inside first- few jumping jacks and sprinting on the spot), and have plenty of layers on, the temperature won't make that much of a difference. You'd be surprised how warm you get in almost freezing conditions.

• Advertisement

Trying to find a hotel in London during the Olympics is proving to be quite annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

My phone deleted my post! G-money stop putting it off - go for a run! You'll feel better after :)

Why aren't my posts showing or the one where Sauv told G-money to go for a run??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Could be a problem posting from mobile?

Trying to find a hotel in London during the Olympics is proving to be quite annoying.

Take a break and try again later. Maybe go for that run while you wait :p

2 degrees is hardly an excuse. I kept up my daily morning run and evening cycle even through the worst of last winters snow.

Could be a problem posting from mobile?
    Its fixed :) your modship clearly fixed it!

Just watched Insidious -
    Holy Jeebus it's scary! :D

Pembily wrote: »
    Its fixed :) your modship clearly fixed it!

Flattery will get you every where Pem.

Just watched Insidious -
    Holy Jeebus it's scary! :D

Heard mixed things about it tbh.I just watched Kill List again and watched Stake Land earlier on today.Two great little movies.

Heard mixed things about it tbh.I just watched Kill List again and watched Stake Land earlier on today.Two great little movies.

Might be a wee bit mainstream for you alright :D
    Would you recommend either of those two you watched? Or would they totally terrorise me?!

Kill List might be a bit much for you but Stake Land is good.Its set in the aftermath of a vampire epidemic.I described it in the film forum as a cross between Dawn of the Dead,Near Dark and The Road.

Decent take on the vampire genre and not a glittering vamp in sight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Those Cadbury's chocolate fingers should be banned because I sware to Jaysus they are far too easy to munch through!

Panthro wrote: »
    Those Cadbury's chocolate fingers should be banned because I sware to Jaysus they are far too easy to munch through!

*insert filthy comment here*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

*insert filthy comment here*

Hoh, such a filthy mind you have! :pac:

morning all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's been a long night of drinking.

amacachi wrote: »
    It's been a long night of drinking.

Not a bad complaint.. :D

Anyone get hit by those storms last night? Apparently they were fairly bad around coastal areas.. didnt hear a thing myself as I was knackered and slept though it.. :o

Bleurgh, I'm so tired. Woke about 5am and was listening to the wind howl and couldn't get back to sleep. Been in the office since about 7.20am and I'm almost ready to use matchsticks for my eyes.

Definitely bailing out of here early today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Not a bad complaint.. :D

Anyone get hit by those storms last night? Apparently they were fairly bad around coastal areas.. didnt hear a thing myself as I was knackered and slept though it.. :o

Very bad here, was class standing out in it with a can and a fag though :P I can already feel my nose and lips getting the after-effects of cold friction. :P

I should sleep I think.

morning all..

Grumble scratch grunt grumble.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm sure there's an ointment for that. :pac:

bit of an itch? there's a cream for that!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I can't wait for next weekend.

The thought of going back to college this week are killing me, it's bad enough being back at work :(

Got contacted over the last few days via LinkedIn by a well known American company asking me if I am interested in certain roles with them. To say I am interested is an understatement as it's in my favourite city in the US. I just hope they realised I am in Ireland before they sent me the mail and assumed I would need a visa.

Pretty sure it's not a scam either :)

Let's see what happens.

Got contacted over the last few days via LinkedIn by a well known American company asking me if I am interested in certain roles with them. To say I am interested is an understatement as it's in my favourite city in the US. I just hope they realised I am in Ireland before they sent me the mail and assumed I would need a visa.

Let's see what happens.

The old adage, "All good things come to those who wait" comes to mind

Hope it all goes well G :)

The old adage, "All good things come to those who wait" comes to mind

Hope it all goes well G :)

Cheers. It's been over 10 years so I've certainly fulfilled the waiting part!

• Advertisement

Let's see what happens.

Sounds good! Best of luck with it :)

Let's see what happens.
    I'd love that! Well done on getting contacted man hope it goes well for you

Cheers, let's see what happens. Hopefully something good comes of it.

The jeans definitely feel tighter today :o:(

There's nothing like a big warm belly full of soup, it absolutely rules. :D

There's nothing like a big warm belly full of soup, it absolutely rules. :D

Id prefer a big belly full of warm soup myself :pac:

• Advertisement

Or a big warm full of belly soup perhaps?

Or a big warm full of belly soup perhaps?

or a full warm big belly of soup? :p

Big 'belly soup', with bellybutton fluff on the side

Big 'belly soup', with bellybutton fluff on the side

As long as the bellybutton fluff doesn't get on me big buttered bap that i'll be dipping in my big bowl of warm soup, it'll be grand :pac:

The two of you are nuts :pac:

Lol- sometimes I forget that other people can read my strange wee conversations :D

I guess you could use the bellybutton fluff as a starter. Or just save it up and use it for next Movember.

Lol- sometimes I forget that other people can read my strange wee conversations :D

Thankfully we can't read your mind :p

Pembily wrote: »
    The two of you are nuts :pac:

We have our moments :D

ok so soup has been done.. anyone for some buttery biscuit base? ;)

Linky*

Sound required

Where's the day gone :confused:

Flying by as I'm busy and it's affecting my ability to post here as frequently as I'd like :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement