Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

thanks everyone. just feeling ****ty. will keep my moaning to myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

thanks everyone. just feeling ****ty. will keep my moaning to myself
    You're allowed feel crap and what else is boards for besides moaning! Moan away!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pembily wrote: »
    You're allowed feel crap and what else is boards for besides moaning! Moan away!

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. too easy :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

I was expecting it! You are defo owed a few thumps :pac:

i'm wrecked tired, thought i'd have a nap when i got home, but this ****ing drilling is started again!!!

ah don't be calling poor pemb easy!

bluewolf wrote: »

Feck off you!

Feck off you!

here i am trying to be nice... :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I was expecting it! You are defo owed a few thumps :pac:

Ya have to catch me first!! :p
    bluewolf wrote:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... again, no comment :pac:

awec wrote: »
    SUN it sounds like you are dodging a bullet with that place. A crap load of work yet they can't afford to bring people in? Doesn't add up for me.

they were converting their product from one language to another, and so have work to do, but it's not that they've a huge customer base that makes it ok financially. I don't think I would take it anyway, not that they'll offer it, but I just didn't realise how little i know

Seems risky that they'd make that change if they didn't have the financial clout to back it up.

I'm sure something else will come up. :)

You ever thought about doing any of the certifications?

what certifications?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The Microsoft ones. You study, do an exam and get a certificate.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-overview.aspx

There's a place in Dublin you can do the exams, near Jervis street. Study at your own pace and then book yourself in.

They are costly enough though - think it's about 140 euro per exam. :(

Was actually going to be looking up Excel courses. That might come in handy, cheers. :)

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Aye, the SQL stuff may come in handy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Morning Paulie!

Mornin' girl :)

Oh people talking of certifications - reminds me that I need to sort myself out massively :(

PaulieC wrote: »

Are you from Cork or just living there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

PaulieC wrote: »

Teeheehee.
    I've come across a few corkish sayings from Paulie before :)

Sauve wrote: »
    Teeheehee.

Oh I was wondering if he just picked them up! So easy to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Definitely is with southern accents. I've a lot of family in Cork and Tipp- anytime I come back from a few days there I'm speaking like them. It's unreal how quickly it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Skepticism

Was actually going to be looking up Excel courses. That might come in handy, cheers. :)

Look into an ECDL course if you're just looking for Excel/Word etc. :) Plenty college courses require students to complete the ECDL course in order to get from first year to second year.

Not sure how expensive it is outside of a college, but it cost me €75 for the entire thing which wasn't too bad.

Skepticism wrote: »
    Look into an ECDL course if you're just looking for Excel/Word etc. :) Plenty college courses require students to complete the ECDL course in order to get from first year to second year.

Not sure how expensive it is outside of a college, but it cost me €75 for the entire thing which wasn't too bad.

I'll be looking for more than what ECDL will teach to be honest. Most of the ECDL stuff is but a simple google search away. But I deal with a lot of reporting in work. Most of the sheets I use have already been built by the person before me, but every now and than I'm noticing some things are wrong and having to tweak the stuff. And there's a lot of Ad Hoc reporting that comes up which would be much easier if I knew how to manipulate it fully.

The Microsoft ones. You study, do an exam and get a certificate.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-overview.aspx

There's a place in Dublin you can do the exams, near Jervis street. Study at your own pace and then book yourself in.

They are costly enough though - think it's about 140 euro per exam. :(

Whats the name of that place? Used to have some of the MCP's but they were for the likes of NT, Windows 2000 etc and not much good anymore. Need to get my certs in order again. Might give that place a try as studying on my own is a struggle and bootcamps are useless for me.. never take enough info in on them and they are bloody expensive.. :(

New Horizons or something is the test centre. Prometric is the test people.

You buy the book (I just get em through work or off amazon) for the exam number you want to do, study it and then when you feel ready go to prometric.com and book the test.

Ahh ok, I thought they ran a class that you can pop into if you're having difficulty with particular sections.

Yeah I know about the whole Prometric thingie..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Well just finished first day back, 't was 'orrible, and worse, I'm in Tallaght for the rest of the week :(

• Advertisement

Well just finished first day back, 't was 'orrible, and worse, I'm in Tallaght for the rest of the week :(

Welcome back to the workforce.. see, it hasnt changed that much :D

Ohmygod it's freaking Baltic! My poor fingers are frozen :(

Ohmygod it's freaking Baltic! My poor fingers are frozen :(

Try -6 with forecasts of dropping to -10 or more in the coming week over here!! :eek:

Better get the fleecy Y-Fronts out :pac:

I can't wear gloves! So in -6 they would fall off :pac:

Try the fleecy Y-Fronts so.. every girl I've been with when I wore them loved them, said they kept their hands lovely and warm :pac:

Sauve wrote: »
    Teeheehee.

I'm from Kerry, living in Cork - I get abuse on both sides of the fence for having to work in Cork!

Try the fleecy Y-Fronts so.. every girl I've been with when I wore them loved them, said they kept their hands lovely and warm :pac:
    I am not putting my hands in your boxers, they're warm now anyway as I've tea :D Also I can't move my wrist that way...

Ouch Kerry man living in Cork!

It's nearly over Awec .

• Advertisement

I am not putting my hands in your boxers, they're warm now anyway as I've tea :D Also I can't move my wrist that way...

What about the other hand? :D

And its Y-Fronts, not boxers.

Boxers are too loose and they let an awful breeze up the leg.. :pac:

You wearing shorts or something?

Depends on the situation, weather and who I'm with :D

how many hands can ya fit in em??? :pac:

• Advertisement

The way forward is tight boxers Paddy. :)

A nice pair of Calvins or Diesel's will do the trick.

I agree, y-fronts = HUGE TURN OFF!!!

even beige or brown ones? :p

even beige or brown ones? :p
    I need a pukeymcvom face :pac:

I need a pukeymcvom face :pac:

rofl!! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement