Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

dam... 20 minutes early for a meeting and nowhere to go and grab a quick pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm late myself just hoping the boss isn't in yet...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

haha, just typical of ya! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

tbf it does - myself and 3 friends struck gold - got a really nice house for somewhat affordable price in a good area...reminds me I must sort out broadband

Has to be said, the last week or so has provided me with some awesome music. Can't imagine there's many fans of metal here but the new Machine Head and Mastodon albums are amazing. Hell even the new Blink 182 album is providing some nice listening!

Any recommendations of music to listen to, need to broaden things a bit. Been hooked on the music from the last two Gears of War ads too, lovely easy listening stuff.
    Not sure if I'm misreading the easy listening part of this but I'd recommend:

- Bon Iver
    - Explosions in the Sky
    - Bonobo
    - James Vincent McMorrow
    - Benjamin Francis Leftwich

if you're looking to chill out they'll do the business

haha, just typical of ya! :p

it is these days with the frickin buses. grrr. he was in :o but meh, i'm owed an hour and a half from saturday anyway.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

PaulieC wrote: »
    tbf it does - myself and 3 friends struck gold - got a really nice house for somewhat affordable price in a good area...reminds me I must sort out broadband
    I've setup alerts so I can just go through them as they show up, and I've seen two very nice places so far. One was no good as they only wanted girls (boo) and the other was a house to rent and I haven't teamed up with anyone (yet...)

I've setup alerts so I can just go through them as they show up, and I've seen two very nice places so far. One was no good as they only wanted girls (boo) and the other was a house to rent and I haven't teamed up with anyone (yet...)
    I had that problem originally - either decide to move into a house share and look for those or find people to live with and then start looking

Because trust me it's torture finding a really nice place, trying to find people to live with and then either getting those people only to find out you're too late for the house or not getting other people and watch the house slip away.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

PaulieC wrote: »
    I had that problem originally - either decide to move into a house share and look for those or find people to live with and then start looking

Because trust me it's torture finding a really nice place, trying to find people to live with and then either getting those people only to find out you're too late for the house or not getting other people and watch the house slip away.
    Roommate hunting is much like flat hunting - have to be patient for the right one! If i find a room first, im taking the room...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

it is these days with the frickin buses. grrr. he was in :o but meh, i'm owed an hour and a half from saturday anyway.
    At least you get on at bus stops where the buses are not full, thus causing them to zoom past!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Double stuff Oreo's and tea.
    Awesome.
    :cool:

I can't find the double stuff one's in Cork - never had them :(

If my brain was more awake I could think of a sleazy way to use the term 'double stuffed' here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Last day at work :D

Morning all :)

Pembily wrote: »
    Last day at work :D

Morning all :)
    Wreck the place....seriously....WRECK IT :pac:

• Advertisement

If my brain was more awake I could think of a sleazy way to use the term 'double stuffed' here.
    I'd say the girls in Cork know all about double stuffing though :pac:

My local Superquinn has them on special atm,a euro a pack!:D

can i be your new best friend

I'd say the girls in Cork know all about double stuffing though :pac:
    It's a good finish after a nice spitroast. As dessert

:pac:

hmmmmm roast. Really gotta get around to doing me 1 of those some day.

Fúcker!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Gotta buy a lawnmower, mine broke, I fecking hate spending money on stuff like that. I strongly dislike mowing the grass.

Buy a sheep.

You can call her Flossy.

My dogs approve of that idea Otis.

I just like writing and saying the word Flossy.I so rarely get the opportunity anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Here you are Kya

Full?id=8120432
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/sheep/2573538

If you do buy him, I request he be brought to the next beers. For the craic like.

Here you are Kya

Full?id=8120432
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/sheep/2573538

If you do buy him, I request he be brought to the next beers. For the craic like.
    I want him, he would fit in perfectly at a beers as well!!:D:D
    I just like writing and saying the word Flossy.I so rarely get the opportunity anymore.
    You should write it just one more time, just to get it out of your system :p

i bet parker gets my jokes!! ;(

lol at the sheep :confused:

bluewolf wrote: »

lol at the sheep :confused:
    PK and bluewolf, the 2 perverts on boards:p

I got your joke though, juts saw it there now:D

Kya1976 wrote: »

You should write it just one more time, just to get it out of your system :p

Should I really?
    24c17TobeyMaguire_RE_Born_To_Be_An_Artist-s475x487-177403.jpg

Ok so.

Flossy.

sweetjesus.jpg?1304464025

Should I really?

Ok so.

Flossy.

I bet you that made you feel better haha!

• Advertisement

It sure did.Im a simple creature really!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yack, it's warm this eve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My gawd, what has this place descended into?!
    Between double stuffing and pictures of sheeps I dunno, i feel like I don't know these streets anymore!:pac:

bluewolf wrote: »

Indeed I did. We must console ourselves that we are perverts at an exceptionally high level and others miss out on these things :pac:
    Panthro wrote: »
    My gawd, what has this place descended into?!
    Between double stuffing and pictures of sheeps I dunno, i feel like I don't know these streets anymore!:pac:

Don't forget the Subway girls giving each other a footlong :pac:

Right my return to college was successful and interesting - it's weird to be studying something I have a genuine passion for

Finally sorted Broadband too yesterday so can't wait to have that at home :)

congrats paulie.

working from home today. it's both nice (because I've my feet up and i'm warmer, and have the tv on) and worse than work (because I've got a tiny netbook to work off, without my big monitor). boooo but yay :)

haha, at least it'd be hard for you to be late!

:P

quiet you.

you're hardly mr punctuality yourself :p

I contest that it was a matter of scheduling conflicts between various public transport services and myself.

• Advertisement

oh yeah, sure that's all it ever is with me. my constant battle with the 46a and the UCD students.

Haha, I can imagine you as a warrior now, slaying everyone to get on the bus.

:eek:

I would like to think i'd kick ass, but really i'm a little weakling.

quiet you.

you're hardly mr punctuality yourself :p
    My punctuality levels will have to be upped when I start my new job - I'm terrible at getting up in the mornings :(

yeah, it's hard when you're not used to it. or on those mornings you're just glued to the bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Newcastle this weekend gone was just awesome.

Went over by myself.

Game itself was fantastic and made even better with an excellent view. Even managed to find my way into a private room as a lad gave me a pass in the bar beforehand. There I was swigging a pint in my jersey and scarf being surrounded by dignitaries in their suits. :pac:

Went back to the bar I was previous to catch the evening kick off game. Had a good bit of banter with the locals there.

Ended up sitting with a load of Newcastle Club Shop staff who were on a work night out because I recommended them a drink they should buy. :pac:

Ended up in some nightclub with a load of mental Geordies and had an epic lie in til 2pm the next day.

Had a wander around the quayside market on Sunday and had a browse about the shops.

Went for a nice Sunday dinner (£8 with a pint - Bargain) and went up to the bar I was in the previous day to watch the QPR/Villa game.

Chatting with some of the locals there and after many a pint, I met the barman I had been chatting to the last time I was over there. Himself and his mate were heading across the road to another bar so they invited me along and fantastically drunken ramblings went on.

Newcastle >>> Dublin

Can't wait to get back over in November.

• Advertisement

yeah, it's hard when you're not used to it. or on those mornings you're just glued to the bed.
    Well I've been working @ 9am 5 days a week for the last year and I'm still finding it difficult - maybe because I don't have a boss on site with me and I know I can be 10/15mins late but I used to be very good for getting into a routine....just still not happening!

Root canal done.Meh.

Yer one said it was one of the most difficult she has had to do because apparently there were 3 canals so each had to be individually done and I had to keep getting anesthetised as she got in deeper as she kept hitting raw nerves.:mad:

On the plus side she was rather cute and for nearly the duration her bewbs were pressed against the top of my head so it had its upside!:pac:

I also went after and got myself a new pair of boots and a jacket for under 90 bucks.I love TK Maxx.

Now Im having some tea,some oreos and am going to tuck into season 4 of Dexter.

If it weren't for the comment about the bewbs I wouldn't have thought the above post was written by a bloke.

Was given the option of a root canal once before, told'em to just pull out the tooth and be done with it.

If it weren't for the comment about the bewbs I wouldn't have thought the above post was written by a bloke.

Was given the option of a root canal once before, told'em to just pull out the tooth and be done with it.

Shut yer god damn mouth Kyle!

I could have had it pulled but its one of my molars so wanna try and keep it if possible.

I could have had it pulled but its one of my molars so wanna try and keep it if possible.

I've 1 of'em out on each side. For balance like.

Took a while getting used to chewing though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement