Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Rum and whiskey for me:)

Sounds like a good idea :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

as said earlier, chilling and laundry and then travelling on Sunday evening for work next week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    as said earlier, chilling and laundry and then travelling on Sunday evening for work next week..
    Where you off to TP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PaulieC wrote: »
    You've given me an idea there - might grab lunch in Wagamammas tomorrow when I'm in town

Been craving one for quite a while!

Think we're heading to the Elephant in the Castle.

*salivates*

Open a case to get something fixed on the Monday if you're not going to respond to your email on Friday people :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Where you off to TP?

Frankfurt for the guts of 3 weeks..

Frankfurt for the guts of 3 weeks..
    Nice - you going to do some traveling/sightseeing when you're not working over there?

The travel in your job sounds class :)

Nice - you going to do some traveling/sightseeing when you're not working over there?

The travel in your job sounds class :)

nope.. no sightseeing, all work and very little play unfortunately.. :(
    Its all last minute as usual so keep ya on yer toes :D

It isnt always like this, I've probably travelled 4 times in the 12 months up to the end of August this year, since the start of sept, I have spent more time in the UK that Ireland and now its switching to Germany.

Would be nice to see a bit of the place unfortunately, a very tight deadline this time so working pretty much 7 days a week up to it. Only home for 3 days in 2 weeks time for a family thing and then back again. But have some serious hours worked up so should have a nice long break at Xmas :D

nope.. no sightseeing, all work and very little play unfortunately.. :(
    Its all last minute as usual so keep ya on yer toes :D

It isnt always like this, I've probably travelled 4 times in the 12 months up to the end of August this year, since the start of sept, I have spent more time in the UK that Ireland and now its switching to Germany.

Would be nice to see a bit of the place unfortunately, a very tight deadline this time so working pretty much 7 days a week up to it. Only home for 3 days in 2 weeks time for a family thing and then back again. But have some serious hours worked up so should have a nice long break at Xmas :D
    Balls would be nice to take in some of the sights - Germany's on my to-go-see list.

I think I heard of somebody working for a company who go to travel to the states - they were given two or three days extra annual leave to take over there before coming back every time if they wanted to go take in the sights/rest up after travelling back etc. thought it was deadly!

I'm getting tired now....coffee me thinks

Balls would be nice to take in some of the sights - Germany's on my to-go-see list.

I think I heard of somebody working for a company who go to travel to the states - they were given two or three days extra annual leave to take over there before coming back every time if they wanted to go take in the sights/rest up after travelling back etc. thought it was deadly!

I'm getting tired now....coffee me thinks

Yeah if I wanted to do that, I suppose I could do it, the flights make no difference but the hotel, nah couldnt see them forking out for that. We get a few drinks and a big steak dinner as a treat to ourselves on the last night of a week as a treat and thats about as far as it goes :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Haven't tasted it yet as it has to set for a few hours but here's a picture of how it turned out

rockyroad.jpg

didn't have enough chocolate, and should've added biscuit too, AND it is in a bread tin, but the tin I bought was too big. but should be good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Too big?

Clearly you put too little into it!

Too big?

Clearly you put too little into it!

as it is I put in double the amount of chocolate in the recipe!

Couldn't double up everything no?

Haven't tasted it yet as it has to set for a few hours but here's a picture of how it turned out

rockyroad.jpg

didn't have enough chocolate, and should've added biscuit too, AND it is in a bread tin, but the tin I bought was too big. but should be good

what ya cook? the pic is blocked here in work :mad:

Couldn't double up everything no?

didn't use quite double the maltesers, had maple syrup instead of golden syrup so used less of that, and only had bought one bag of marshmallows. it's in proportion as it is I think, it's just there's no way it'd feed anything like 16, as the recipe says.
    what ya cook? the pic is blocked here in work :mad:

you're still at work? it's meant to be rocky road.

didn't use quite double the maltesers, had maple syrup instead of golden syrup so used less of that, and only had bought one bag of marshmallows. it's in proportion as it is I think, it's just there's no way it'd feed anything like 16, as the recipe says.

you're still at work? it's meant to be rocky road.

just saw it.. emmmm looks like someone took a dump into a baking tin :D

Yup, still here, doing some prep work for next week. Documentation etc.

[EDIT] ohhh I'm so gonna get a slap for that one :D:D:D:D:D:D [/EDIT]

Ah well, i'll just wait for all the Nyoms from yerself in here later. :cool:

just saw it.. emmmm looks like someone took a dump into a baking tin :D

Yup, still here, doing some prep work for next week. Documentation etc.

yeah well anything covered in chocolate will do I suppose.
    Ah well, i'll just wait for all the Nyoms from yerself in here later. :cool:

:D hopefully...

• Advertisement

:D hopefully...

haha, so about how much longer has it got to set?

haha, so about how much longer has it got to set?

at least another hour. would've been better with golden syrup, but next time.

at least another hour. would've been better with golden syrup, but next time.

sounds very sweet.. prefer savoury stuff myself.

So whats in it?

Maple Syrup, Chocolate, malteasers, biscuits??

sounds very sweet.. prefer savoury stuff myself.

So whats in it?

Maple Syrup, Chocolate, malteasers, biscuits??

there's meant to be biscuits in it, but I didn't add any. so in mine it's just maple syrup, chocolate, maltesers and marshmallows.

there's meant to be biscuits in it, but I didn't add any. so in mine it's just maple syrup, chocolate, maltesers and marshmallows.

wowser.. serious sugar rush after that one.. :D

Yeah, she's gonna be hopping all over the walls all night ;P

• Advertisement

nah, i'm well used to a high sugar intake :cool:

Yeah, with the ton of it you throw into yer tea :eek:

yes but that's why I don't drink tea!

Well there wouldn't be too much in yer cuppa sugar anyway :P

so anyone up to much tonight?

Thinking of heading into town after me din dins to see either "WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN" or "IMMORTALS"

i'll quickly turning into a vegetable here, so don't think i'll be moving.

• Advertisement

Sometimes t'is handy to do that alright.

Wont be able to get to sleep meself for yonks so may as well go and do something.

need to get my ass outta work and home methinks.. beer and pizza calling me.. :)

Sometimes t'is handy to do that alright.

Wont be able to get to sleep meself for yonks so may as well go and do something.

why won't you get to sleep?
    need to get my ass outta work and home methinks.. beer and pizza calling me.. :)

ooh nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Go home TP!!

why won't you get to sleep?

Most of the time I dont get to sleep till around 12:30 / 1:00 ish.

Go home TP!!

I know I know.. 5 mins and I'm outta here

Most of the time I dont get to sleep till around 12:30 / 1:00 ish.

awh no, even after the week? surely you must be more tired?
    I know I know.. 5 mins and I'm outta here

GO!

awh no, even after the week? surely you must be more tired?

Suprisingly enough not this evening no.

Suprisingly enough not this evening no.

so have you decided which film you're going to see?

so have you decided which film you're going to see?

Yeah, gonna see "Immortals," possibly the second biggest decision I had all week.

• Advertisement

what was the biggest you had all week?

(I sense wolfie isn't online)

what was the biggest you had all week?

Which time :pac:

Well dam that, they've got it showing in two of the smallest screens at the same time.

Well dam that, they've got it showing in two of the smallest screens at the same time.

:confused:

:confused:

T'is an action movie with loads of effects and I'm gonna see it on the smallest screen :(

T'is an action movie with loads of effects and I'm gonna see it on the smallest screen :(

ah I see. download it instead, and set up a projector at home :D

Thanks... but that'll be even smaller :(

Thanks... but that'll be even smaller :(

well yeah but think of it as proportionate to your room size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Its hammer time!

• Advertisement

well yeah but think of it as proportionate to your room size.

Haha, will do :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement