Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

so what was it drav? present for me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

so what was it drav? present for me?

No, just some SciFi boxset, Airwolf movie on Blu Ray, documentary boxset about Anceint Civilizations and a dvd of a movie called Wolf Hound that I bought purely for the name alone.

Love Copy / Paste :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No, just some SciFi boxset, Airwolf movie on Blu Ray, documentary boxset about Anceint Civilizations and a dvd of a movie called Wolf Hound that I bought purely for the name alone.

Love Copy / Paste :D

Thank Christ you said that last bit, was freaking out about having the maddest deja vu ever. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

amacachi wrote: »
    Thank Christ you said that last bit, was freaking out about having the maddest deja vu ever. :pac:

On some kind of a Gravy come down or something are ya?

:P

oh sorry didn't see if you wrote it before

haha, no worries SUN, i just assumed you missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

On some kind of a Gravy come down or something are ya?

:P

How I wish it was that kind of comedown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I know it's a huge cliché, but there really is nothing better than being in a big warm bed with the rain hammering off the windows....
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Unless there is someone there with you that is!
    :D

Touché :rolleyes:
    Unless he's hogging the covers/farting of course....

• Advertisement

What ever about the farting (women fart in bed too btw) women are terrible blanket hoggers.

But we're cold creaturs!
    That's where two duvets overlapping comes in handy - no fights whatsoever...:pac:

Ye should all come with a sleeping bag so ye can be sectioned away.

:pac:

Ye should all come with a sleeping bag so ye can be sectioned away.

*smut temptation too strong....exiting thread quickly before am asked to leave....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Worst moral dilemma ever (complete exaggeration by the way!:)) this Friday night:
    head home and watch "Late Late Toy Show" with the family (mother even recorded "The Santa Clause" so we could all watch it together..when the hell did mother learn how to record actually, baffling!)
    Or...
    Head over to Dundalk and go on a sesh with a female former work mate (awful slim chance...ie. If I have my way...a bit of an aul smoochy smooch)

Panthro wrote: »
    Worst moral dilemma ever (complete exaggeration by the way!:)) this Friday night:
    head home and watch "Late Late Toy Show" with the family (mother even recorded "The Santa Clause" so we could all watch it together..when the hell did mother learn how to record actually, baffling!)
    Or...
    Head over to Dundalk and go on a sesh with a female former work mate (awful slim chance...ie. If I have my way...a bit of an aul smoochy smooch)

If yer ma was able to record the santa cluase, I'm sure she can setup the vidja+ to record to the toy show for ya. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

If yer ma was able to record the santa cluase, I'm sure she can setup the vidja+ to record to the toy show for ya. ;)
    Too true! Christmas lunch with work today :)

Morning all.Im thinking of upgrading my phone to an android/iphone,anyone here give me some ideas re androids like which is best,which should be avoided etc.

Got myself a Galaxy S and I'm liking it, but use it a lot and barely lasts a day. Only thing I'd really recommend looking into would be how long a charge lasts for. Other then that it's all preference in regards to what specs you'd want really. With Andriod being a shared platform it doesn't make sense to me to get cought up in the brand / model all that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,349 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

If you are in any way technically inclined at all then consider getting a phone you can Flash the OS off. I got a HTC HDC phone and I wiped it and put on Windows 6.5. I then put Android on a memory card. So now I can select which OS to boot my phone into. I play with other Oses too when I get bored, win7 and the like.

There are lots of forums, most notably the XDA developers forum, which give you step by step near idiot proof guides on how to do all this, and what to do if you need to trouble shoot, and there are new and slicker OSes with modifcations there to play with that add features and apps you wouldnt get as standard.

I imagine there are placed on boards.ie too discussing the hows and whys of doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 myself this Christmas I'd say - it's marginally better than the HTC Sensation from the looks of things but they'd be the two main one's in the market right now

Morning all.Im thinking of upgrading my phone to an android/iphone,anyone here give me some ideas re androids like which is best,which should be avoided etc.
    PaulieC wrote: »
    Getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 myself this Christmas I'd say - it's marginally better than the HTC Sensation from the looks of things but they'd be the two main one's in the market right now

Galaxy SII FTW :):) I have it and I love it! Now if I use it all a lot I need to charge it. I also got a second battery as it was 5euro on Ebay so that is handy to have! Or if you are going to go the whole hog the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus...

Pembily wrote: »
    Galaxy SII FTW :):) I have it and I love it! Now if I use it all a lot I need to charge it. I also got a second battery as it was 5euro on Ebay so that is handy to have! Or if you are going to go the whole hog the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus...
    Is the camera good on it - haven't had a camera for ages and would like one that's somewhat good to take pics on nights out and so on - I know it's 8mp but is the flash and image quality good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pfft, Sony Xperia Play all the way Otis!
    You are at work, you haven't much to do...ohh what that? Why its "Fifa" or "Crash Bandicoot" or many other games on my phone that I'll use to pass the time. And look, it looks like a real controller thingymagiggy. (that's technical lingo right there...ahem!)
    Pfffworr!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I have the HTC Desire S and the Galaxy S II. Both android and both sweet phones. however the call quality and sound is better on the Desire S and the screen and camera are much better on the S II. The SII has more on board memory than the Desire S. Both have decent battery life.

Its all down to personal taste really. My bro has the iPhone 4s and its his 3rd iPhone. He swears by them but hates Android phones. Id take or leave iPhones to be honest.

If you want something small and light the HTC Wildfire S is a decent phone.

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

iPhones have better stability, so that's their selling point for meeee. Although I don't actually have a smartphone, still rockin' the aul nokia, don't even know if it has a camera on it. :)

Turn it around and see if there's a shiney little plastic/glass like circle on the back.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    iPhones have better stability

Not trying to get into an apple bashing session - their products are cool but could you elaborate on what you mean by stability?

PaulieC wrote: »
    elaborate on what you mean by stability?

If you lay it horizontally on a table, it won't fall over.

It stands on its' side too

• Advertisement

If you lay it horizontally on a table, it won't fall over.

It stands on its' side too

I should've seen this coming tbh :D

:D turns out I already completely forgot how irritating travelling on dublin bus is.at least it's only two journeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Yeah. I won't forget again, myself.

I have done the trip too many times.

I've done it for the last 9months,and it took just a week.

It's taking forever.literally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I've done it for the last 9months,and it took just a week.

It's taking forever.literally

Still on the bus?

:D nope. finally made it off around 7.10

I find the camera very good :) I love it BUT its a big phone physically!

Had an amazing work Christmas dinner and all gluten free :) then went shopping in Dundrum while tipsy - BAD idea :o

Evening all!

Tipsy shopping is the business!
    You buy stuff you'd never usually look twice at. And it usually works out well.
    Jaysus, I sound like I do this all the time :o

The first step is admitting you have a problem Sauv.

Hi my name is Sauv.
    I've been drunk ebay/etsy/schuh free for four days now.
    It's difficult but I have good family and friends around me who have helped me kickstart the recovery progress.
    You know who you are guys.
    Tomorrow I cancel my eleven credit cards.....

• Advertisement

Christmas tree up in my first proper home away from home in almost two years, white russians in the belly and my staff party is on tomorrow night....Nice :)

Sounds good paulie.

I just cannot warm up :o think its time for my bedspread thingy

Sounds good paulie.

I just cannot warm up :o think its time for my bedspread thingy
    Hot Chocolate is the answer. Word.

But I have none :/

Morning all :) Sauv I bought a remote control pig in Hamleys :o The boy just gave me a look! I'm off to Edinburgh this evening! Can't wait! What are peoples plans??

Ya mad yoke :D That's brilliant!
    Edinburgh is amazing, I lived there before, It's one of my favourite places in the whole world!

Pembily wrote: »
    What are peoples plans??

Half day in work
    possibly some pool
    drink
    rugby
    drink
    gym
    drink
    Kurt Russel / JCVD movie night in (haven't decided which yet)
    drink x2
    work

half day
    curly blow dry later
    dressing up in my super fancy dress for work do this evening

:cool:

(and secretly wishing i were at home watching the toy show :( )

Some mates are getting waxed for the local hospice tonight so I reckon I will head along to support them.Its just a bit of a coincidink that it happens to be in a bar.
    :)

• Advertisement

Some mates are getting waxed for the local hospice tonight so I reckon I will head along to support them.Its just a bit of a coincidink that it happens to be in a bar.
    :)
    The logistics are perfect!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement