Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pembily wrote: »
    Yikes!? Did they notice you were late?

Justin Bieberhas ruined Christmas songs :(
    Nah I live 5mins down the road from work thank fúck so was able to bolt out of bed and be on time suprisingly.

Although they noticed last week when I woke up at 9:59 - I start work at 10 :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

hate those kinda mornings paulie, everything's a rush!

stayed up waaaaaaay too late last night :o it's gonna be hard to get into a routine of 8am starts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Even 8am would be a generous ly in! :)

hate those kinda mornings paulie, everything's a rush!

stayed up waaaaaaay too late last night :o it's gonna be hard to get into a routine of 8am starts
    I'm a disaster for getting up in the mornings - especially when it's really cold!

I keep going to bed late too but it's a routine I've gotten into that'll be hard to break - I work 10am - 7pm so by the time I've eaten, cleaned up, done a few quick jobs etc. it's half 10 or so - play some xbox or watch a tv show movie and I end up not getting to sleep til 1am

You'd think 8 hours is fine but I need ten to function properly I think!

Even 8am would be a generous ly in! :)

obviously it depends on what time you go to sleep.
    PaulieC wrote: »
    I'm a disaster for getting up in the mornings - especially when it's really cold!

I keep going to bed late too but it's a routine I've gotten into that'll be hard to break - I work 10am - 7pm so by the time I've eaten, cleaned up, done a few quick jobs etc. it's half 10 or so - play some xbox or watch a tv show movie and I end up not getting to sleep til 1am

You'd think 8 hours is fine but I need ten to function properly I think!

at last! somebody else that needs a crap load of sleep like me! :D:D

i got about 7 last night, and so i'm already fit to go back to bed.

• Advertisement

I am one of those annoying people who gets up at 5am every morning and goes running with his hound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I am one of those annoying people who gets up at 5am every morning and goes running with his hound.

I have to say, I wouldn't be particularly annoyed if I saw you up and about at 5am :pac:

I'm in the middle of three days off work and I think I've read the entire internet already. Being a bum rules :p

Usually when you mention you get up at 5am and go running the not morning people say "Oh thats great" in a tone of voice that makes it pretty clear they are saying "oh right, so youre a complete up yourself ass then" :) Kind of the same look/tone you get when you tell people on the 20th December you have had your christmas shopping done since November 5th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

obviously it depends on what time you go to sleep.

3 o'clock in the morn :pac:

Usually when you mention you get up at 5am and go running the not morning people say "Oh thats great" in a tone of voice that makes it pretty clear they are saying "oh right, so youre a complete up yourself ass then" :) Kind of the same look/tone you get when you tell people on the 20th December you have had your christmas shopping done since November 5th.

don't see why. fair play to you for being that motivated.
    3 o'clock in the morn :pac:

ah obviously i need more than you so

• Advertisement

TBH I'd say 'wow that's really good' and I wouldn't think you're up yourself or anything....I'd be thinking more along the lines of:

"How the fúck does he do that....getting up at that hour"

Big ups from me anyway I'm impressed!!

at last! somebody else that needs a crap load of sleep like me! :D:D

i got about 7 last night, and so i'm already fit to go back to bed.

Well I get by with whatever - never go to bed early really unless I'm properly wrecked but I don't feel fully energized until I've had a good ten hours

Well I get by with whatever - never go to bed early really unless I'm properly wrecked but I don't feel fully energized until I've had a good ten hours

Sure you're only a young pup yet Paulie :pac:
    I've found that since I hit my late 20's, I can get by on about 7 hrs, with a lie-in at the weekend. When I was younger I needed more like 8 or 9 hours to function...

how old are you paulie?

how old are you paulie?
    23 and two thirds

I'm constantly told I look about 27 though. Because I'm so manly :pac:

23 and two thirds

I'm constantly told I look about 27 though. Because I'm so manly :pac:

I'm 27 constantly told I look 22 cause of my...i dunno... :confused:

I'm 27 constantly told I look 22 cause of my...i dunno... :confused:
    Girlish young looks?

I'm not sure being told you look older is a compliment tbh - for men that is, it'd never be a compliment for a lady!

Girlish young looks?

I'm not sure being told you look older is a compliment tbh - for men that is, it'd never be a compliment for a lady!

It is for men i'd say.women dont really go for really young guys generally

It is for men i'd say.women dont really go for really young guys generally
    They don't go for me either though so it's a strange one :pac:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Girlish young looks?

I think that depends on what age you are tbh.

I'm generally told I look younger, I think I look my age(35).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Im constantly told i look younger, but that's usually by wimmens looking to get into my pants :D (I wish)

I used to sleep 10 to 12 and sometimes up to 14 hours Straight when younger. New its in stints, 8 - 10 hours and then a snooze or two later. Mid week its a min if 8 hours sleep or I can't function

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I get by on about 6 hours sleep a night and usually longer beer induced sleeps at the weekend.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Im constantly told i look younger
    Same here lately (hadn't been getting it for a while), good buzz!

(especially as I'm entering the twilight of my 20s :()

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Same here lately (hadn't been getting it for a while), good buzz!

(especially as I'm entering the twilight of my 20s :()

Eh Im heading towards the latter end of my 30s, I used to constantly get stopped for ID
    when entering bars up to my late twenties even though I was usually towering over most doomen. Im 6'2..

Its all down to boyish good looks, don't knock it mate :D:D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Whose knocking? It's great!

Whose knocking? It's great!

Yup.. sure is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm 28 and I get told..."ya don't look it"..

Now personally, I choose not to ask the inevitable question one would normally ask in such a situation that is "Oh really, and what age do I look?"
    Because their answer could go either way like, and I'm happy to pretend when someone says to me "ya don't look it" what they are trying to say is "you look amazing for 28, and therefore I had you down on my "to do" list[/I]"

But that's just me!:D

don't see why. fair play to you for being that motivated.
    "How the fúck does he do that....getting up at that hour"

When you own what is genetically and legally considered a wolf your motivation comes for you. The other choices are that it gets restless enough to eat your sofa before moving on to the walls and wiring.

I run him for an hour at 5am, one of the gfs will walk him at least once a day, and then in the evening I finish him off by letting him try keeping up with me for an hour on the bike.

Magnificent creature, loyal friend but a lot of work and maintenance. Still keeps me incredibly fit and healthy. Which is beneficial in itself given he would likely challange me for alpha status if I was not up to good health.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

If anyone asks me 'What age do you think I am?', I always try to go over by about 10 years. :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I often try and joke when people do the "what age am I?" thing. Then they don't realise that I'm joking and get offended. Not sure why people ask that question any way.

I also get wildly different ages thrown at me. People have assumed I'm 20 (some random guy in Diceys wouldn't leave me alone about how I looked 20 and how I must be rolling in teenage girls!). Then others have said they assumed I was a lot older. I think I look a bit younger than I am, especially just after a shave!

I often try and joke when people do the "what age am I?" thing. Then they don't realise that I'm joking and get offended. Not sure why people ask that question any way.

I also get wildly different ages thrown at me. People have assumed I'm 20 (some random guy in Diceys wouldn't leave me alone about how I looked 20 and how I must be rolling in teenage girls!). Then others have said they assumed I was a lot older. I think I look a bit younger than I am, especially just after a shave!
    I rarely shave cleanly - trim the whole time - actually explains why people tell me I look older than I am thinking about it

Just trim the beard down to stubble myself every 4 - 9 weeks. IE, whenever I'm bothered :P

Don't like doing a clean shave. face feels kinda weird with it.

I always do a clean shave. I like the clean feeling and my skin feels better doing it. I had bad skin for a long time and was on Roaccutane so I got into a habit of shaving my face clean and cleansing, toning and moisturising it :o

Plus I show how fast I move from zero hair to hobo :pac:

Me too.

*skritches face*

:p

• Advertisement

When you own what is genetically and legally considered a wolf your motivation comes for you. The other choices are that it gets restless enough to eat your sofa before moving on to the walls and wiring.

I run him for an hour at 5am, one of the gfs will walk him at least once a day, and then in the evening I finish him off by letting him try keeping up with me for an hour on the bike.

Magnificent creature, loyal friend but a lot of work and maintenance. Still keeps me incredibly fit and healthy. Which is beneficial in itself given he would likely challange me for alpha status if I was not up to good health.

Really?! :eek:

Really?! :eek:

Yes why not? He is very protective of them and he is easy to walk. You can not expect me to do it all can you? I do the run and the cycle. Letting them do one of the walks is not asking so much is it?

Actually he is trained well to growl - bear his fangs - and generally look menacing and deadly on command. So the girls tend to feel really safe when out with him alone. Oddly though he is a pacifist by nature. He was attacked by three dogs once, kicked their asses - but spent the next 2 weeks depressed as if he was guilty about it. In fairness 3 against 1 was not fair. On them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I think Sauv was drawing attention to the implication that you have more than one 'gf'.

Oh my bad. Sorry I thought most regular posters knew that stuff already.

Oh my bad. Sorry I thought most regular posters knew that stuff already.

We don't keep notebooks on what people have said on here. Or read every thread on every forum! I wasn't even aware that forum existed. So I was a bit confused too. Wasn't sure if you were a girl referring to her platonic friends or what!

• Advertisement

Haha, I'd have thought everyone knows that Sav is a bit of a Mormon. :p

He mentions it pretty often.

We don't keep notebooks on what people have said on here.

Hence the "my bad" part of the post. I often forget when I am making a post that has not got much to do with that, that this is what people are talking about when they reply. It is something I often mention without thinking about it just like anything else natural to us.

Back on "topic" though is that getting up at 5am is a lot easier when you have some committment to it rather than just doing it for yourself or for fun. The latter of which it rarely is :)

We don't keep notebooks on what people have said on here.

I'll be adding this to the dossier I have on you :pac:

Hence the "my bad" part of the post. I often forget when I am making a post that has not got much to do with that, that this is what people are talking about when they reply. It is something I often mention without thinking about it just like anything else natural to us.

Sorry didn't mean to sound like an ásshole, just saying that not everybody will know everything about everyone. It would be weird if we did. Although we do probably remember a lot about people without realising it. Thus causing potentially awkward moments at Boards nights out. "So, did your wife ever find out you were riding her sister?" :pac:

Yes why not? He is very protective of them and he is easy to walk. You can not expect me to do it all can you? I do the run and the cycle. Letting them do one of the walks is not asking so much is it?

Actually he is trained well to growl - bear his fangs - and generally look menacing and deadly on command. So the girls tend to feel really safe when out with him alone. Oddly though he is a pacifist by nature. He was attacked by three dogs once, kicked their asses - but spent the next 2 weeks depressed as if he was guilty about it. In fairness 3 against 1 was not fair. On them :)

We had a similar situation but the opposite way around a few years ago. Used to have 4 x Pembroke corgis and one by one they kept getting attacked by this rather nasty dog that was owned by a farmer nearby. We complained to the farmer on numerous occasions about it but he did nothing.

One evening we heard a racket going on out the back of the house, the farmers dog wandering into our back garden and our 4 pounced on him. After about 5 mins of skin and hair flying, the farmers dog takes off like the clappers with our 4 in pursuit. Never heard of saw him again and according to the farmer the dog wouldn't even walk past our place anymore :D:D:D

the dog wouldn't even walk past our place anymore :D:D:D

Yea the other possibility is my wolf was traumatised by the attack and took a couple of weeks to get over it, despite the fact he seriously kicked ass and with remarkable efficiency.

I prefer the guilt due to his pacifism explanation however so I run with it anyway. I rather enjoy introducing him to strangers, explaining he is a wolf but reassuring him that he is tried, tested and proven pacifist. Makes people’s eyes cross as they think that one through.
    Although we do probably remember a lot about people without realising it. Thus causing potentially awkward moments at Boards nights out. "So, did your wife ever find out you were riding her sister?" :pac:

I have never gone on one of those nights out. I am somewhat scared to now just in case I have said something on here that I forget that comes out :)

Been to a few meet ups from other forums and things I am a member of and given the two girls thing everyone seems to have expectations of who is going to show up. They are often visibly disappointed in the pale, often a bit quiet, glasses wearing, computer programmer they get instead.

Tax, have you got any pictures of him? would love to see some :)

oh and can i just ask, maybe there's something obvious I'm missing, but why would you have posted that bit about your girlfriends in the coming out to your parents thread? :confused:

Yea the other possibility is my wolf was traumatised by the attack and took a couple of weeks to get over it, despite the fact he seriously kicked ass and with remarkable efficiency.

I prefer the guilt due to his pacifism explanation however so I run with it anyway. I rather enjoy introducing him tolaining he is a wolf but reassuring him that he is tried, tested and proven pacifist.

This is very possible.. being attacked is never going to be a pleasant experience no matter what species you are.

Tax, have you got any pictures of him? would love to see some

Not handy right now as I am in work and I rarely use boards at home. But there was a book by Mark Rowlands that inspired me to purchase him and import him and he looks pretty much the same, so just have a look around on google or amazon for the book. I even gave him the same name as the one in the book. Interetingly both author and wolf lived in Cork for some time so people who studied in UCC probably remember him as he used to take the wolf to the lectures he taught with him.
    oh and can i just ask, maybe there's something obvious I'm missing, but why would you have posted that bit about your girlfriends in the coming out to your parents thread? :confused:

Because we had to come out to our parents. Especially the girls. Was a fun time indeed. "Hi dad, Im moving in with a guy.... and another girl.... isnt that nice" is not really the way to go about it it seems. We are heavily involved in the gay community and have many friends of that persuasion. Our story, situation and history has been very interesting to them. We share a lot of the same concerns, issues, fears and problems that gay couples would and more.
    This is very possible.. being attacked is never going to be a pleasant experience no matter what species you are.

Though I do know some humans who would be more than happy about it if they ended up winning against 3:1 odds against 3 similarly sized opponents without so much as a mark.

a wolf, you say :)

i've gone out at 5am for a run before when i knew i wouldnt get a chance that evening

been a while since ive gone out running though :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement