Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Not handy right now as I am in work and I rarely use boards at home. But there was a book by Mark Rowlands that inspired me to purchase him and import him and he looks pretty much the same, so just have a look around on google or amazon for the book. I even gave him the same name as the one in the book. Interetingly both author and wolf lived in Cork for some time so people who studied in UCC probably remember him as he used to take the wolf to the lectures he taught with him.

Because we had to come out to our parents. Especially the girls. Was a fun time indeed. "Hi dad, Im moving in with a guy.... and another girl.... isnt that nice" is not really the way to go about it it seems. We are heavily involved in the gay community and have many friends of that persuasion. Our story, situation and history has been very interesting to them. We share a lot of the same concerns, issues, fears and problems that gay couples would and more.

is this him?
    sm_philosopherwolf.jpg

I'm a little closer to understanding why now, but at the same time it's a LGBT forum, so not exactly relevant. anyway whatever, just curious.

It certainly wakes you up. Especially in this weather.

I'm a little closer to understanding why now, but at the same time it's a LGBT forum, so not exactly relevant. anyway whatever, just curious.

Yeah that picture is pretty much him. Fabulous aren't they?

The girls are together too, not just with me. Which although they were never into other girls before - or since - essentially makes them Bi. So I think that qualifies us for the B in LGBT :)

Got a lot of friends who read and post on that forum so I use it a lot myself. A lot of the concerns, stories, problems and more would be things we also face - from legal issues - to parenting issues (we have a daughter) - to issues of acceptance and bigotry and even attacks - to much more. So I try to be in that forum as often as I can and post when I think my storys might be relevant, interesting, helpful or inspiring to anyone there. If anything I post there even helps one person I will have justified my presence.

Yeah that picture is pretty much him. Fabulous aren't they?

The girls are together too, not just with me. Which although they were never into other girls before - or since - essentially makes them Bi. So I think that qualifies us for the B in LGBT :)

ah well that explains it so. it wasn't very clear before.

yeah they're gorgeous. though i'm just a fan of dogs in general! you say he's really pacifist, so is he a bit of a lap dog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

bluewolf wrote: »
    a wolf, you say :)

i've gone out at 5am for a run before when i knew i wouldnt get a chance that evening

been a while since ive gone out running though :(
    Love the profile pic Wolfie :pac:

feeling christmassy :cool::cool:

someone got me a birthday present once of sponsoring a wolf somewhere
    that was cool

I really only say he is a pacifist because he was so depressed for so long after that one time I ever saw him get violent. Really it is just me being tongue in cheek. The efficiency with which he over came three dogs that each matched him pound for pound makes it difficult to see him as anything but a fighting machine. I guess dogs have had their fighting skills bred out of them in ways he has not. I will have to dig that book out again. The author described a similar event to mine in language a hell of a lot better than I can use and how awe struck he was.

He is a bit aloof of character. I guess wolves are more independent. Sometimes he acts all cuddley and excited like a dog would, but most of the time he just does his own thing. He is more cuddley with the gfs than me. I often think he is going to challange me for them some day :)

they look cuddly anyway :)

As i said before we have him trained to look pretty ferocious on command. I will have to get a picture of him doing this on here sometime and see how interested you are in cuddling up to him then :)

• Advertisement

feeling christmassy :cool::cool:

that was cool
    Got somebody a christmas present of sponsoring a monkey for a year they loved it

It's a thoughtful gift too :)

As i said before we have him trained to look pretty ferocious on command. I will have to get a picture of him doing this on here sometime and see how interested you are in cuddling up to him then :)

whosagoodwolfyyesyouareYESYOUARE *cuddle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

that was cool

I've got some magic beans for sale, ask them if they're interested. :pac:

whosagoodwolfyyesyouareYESYOUARE *cuddle*

I might not even have to give him the command if you did that :) He does not work well with cutsey wootsy baby talk :)

all doggys ive met love that :(

ok i'd be nice to the wolf!

yes i am just waffling away here, im tired and i want to go home :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Home time :) I've scouts tonight and no idea what to do :o

• Advertisement

yes i am just waffling away here, im tired and i want to go home :pac:

Amen to that - played an 11-a-side soccer match last night (I'm a pure gaa head so I suck but I tried!) and my body is in bits today.

Have college straight after work until half 9 and then home to bed I'd say....shattered!

Also your wolf is amazing :) I've an obsession with wolves and polar bees!

Its super cold...

PaulieC wrote: »
    Amen to that - played an 11-a-side soccer match last night (I'm a pure gaa head so I suck but I tried!) and my body is in bits today.

Have college straight after work until half 9 and then home to bed I'd say....shattered!

i had cello on monday evening and tonight i have singing, that's at 630
    i suppose i could leave work now but i dont really want to be killing time in town so ill just wait
    i should be fitting study in somewhere but meh :rolleyes:
    and practice

I haven't studied since the exams we had two weeks ago - hoping I might get some done over Christmas - should finally have the course books tonight after starting the course in September!

Killing time in town is the job I find....if shops are open and there's coffee to be drank that is! :)

I haven't studied since the exams we had two weeks ago - hoping I might get some done over Christmas - should finally have the course books tonight after starting the course in September!

Killing time in town is the job I find....if shops are open and there's coffee to be drank that is! :)

oh it can be great, but im just not in the mood this evening.
    it's lovely to sit in bewleys with coffee and watch the world go by :)

next exam session for us is in april or may i think

• Advertisement

oh it can be great, but im just not in the mood this evening.
    it's lovely to sit in bewleys with coffee and watch the world go by :)

next exam session for us is in april or may i think
    I'll prob be on again in February - only the second module of 4 and the course is finishing in June so I'd imagine the pace will be upped after the Christmas break

It better be worth it!!

I'll prob be on again in February - only the second module of 4 and the course is finishing in June so I'd imagine the pace will be upped after the Christmas break

It better be worth it!!

mine never finishes :( twice a year until i feckin qualify which will be years and years away
    it *will* be worth it though
    what are you studying again

mine never finishes :( twice a year until i feckin qualify which will be years and years away
    it *will* be worth it though
    what are you studying again
    CCNA - tech certification. You're doing music studies yeah? Is it in order to teach or am I confusing myself massively here?

After I get it I'm going to take it handy and study at my ease for a SQL Server cert

If I want to progress, earn more moolah etc. then I need to have it and I'm hoping I don't make a balls of my CCNA study!

It's def worth it in both our cases.....just not right now! :pac:

Well the exams are in respect of actuary, for my work. I do music lessons on the side yeah, and i had singing exam last week. Hoping to re try cello diploma next year, it's just performance though. Because i like it :D everyone asks do i want to teach music but i don't... and i wouldnt have time anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Oh my bad. Sorry I thought most regular posters knew that stuff already.

Sorry Tax, just getting back online now.
    Thought I was pointing out an amusing typo, but I read your other post and I apologise if I came across as a smart-ass, it wasn't my intention to offend.

ps - that wolf sounds fabulous, such powerful animals. Being a pack-animal, have you had any problems with him in that way? Or do you think he considers your family to be his pack, the way dogs do?

all doggys ive met love that :(

I dont usually risk calling him a dog either in case he takes offence :)
    I apologise if I came across as a smart-ass, it wasn't my intention to offend.

Don't think you did at all. Was my bad for not realising what you were actually asking. I honestly thought you were questioning why I would let one of them walk the wolf :)
    Being a pack-animal, have you had any problems with him in that way?

Not really but the book that inspired me to import him also meant I knew what to expect in a lot of ways so it helped a lot. Being a pack animal you can not leave them alone really. Ever. The writer of the book was a college lecturer and he had to take his to all his lectures. I am sure it made the students pay attention anyway.

Thankfully there is always someone around though so I can go to work without him.

Morning all :) it's Thursday! What's with the wind??

Well the exams are in respect of actuary, for my work. I do music lessons on the side yeah, and i had singing exam last week. Hoping to re try cello diploma next year, it's just performance though. Because i like it :D everyone asks do i want to teach music but i don't... and i wouldnt have time anyway

speaking of exams, i found out last night i passed another one
    failed stats again but sure, i have another exam under my belt now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Pembily wrote: »
    Morning all :) it's Thursday! What's with the wind??

And the rain :(

Stupid wind woke me up almost hourly last night. I'm like a zombie today. Expect nonsense posts :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Take it this'll be yer next pic in know your clubbers then?

:)

I pretty much went to work yesterday, went straight to college after that, and went to bed when I got home after a cuppa tea

That's a sad existence right there but on the plus side I got like 9 hours sleep and feel good this morning! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all, how's everyone?

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

great :D
    i passed an exam
    payrise and bonus from that
    and i got the certificate for completing my six sigma green belt,and a voucher! so that will pay for my xmas shopping :)

i passed an exam
    and i got the certificate for completing my six sigma green belt,and a voucher! so that will pay for my xmas shopping :)
    NICE

I'd love a voucher...and a certificate

Guten Morgen TP...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

i passed an exam

Congrats.. what ya buying me? Something nice I hope? :D

Guten Morgen TP...

Whist you!!! Got back to Ireland this morning at 1am and just been told Im being sent back at 5.45am tomorrow, back to Ireland Sat morning and back again on Sunday evening...

Good job I like flying :D:D:D

That's a bit short notice isn't it - hope you didn't have anything planned!

• Advertisement

Guten Morgen TP...

Whist you!!! Got back to Ireland this morning at 1am and just been told Im being sent back at 5.45am tomorrow, back to Ireland Sat morning and back again on Sunday evening...

Ah Jaysus- that's some serious travelling...bloody hell :O

Congrats.. what ya buying me? Something nice I hope? :D

a book or some xanax for all that flying? :pac:
    or one of these?
    http://www.best-b2b.com/userimg/989/1009-1/metal-model-airplane-494.jpg

Ah Jaysus- that's some serious travelling...bloody hell :O

Ah to be honest, I dont mind it. They look after us well when we are travelling and even though the hours are long, the guys I work with are good craic so you do have a bit of a laugh which makes the hours and days and weeks and months fly by (excuse the pun!!) :D:p

a book or some xanax for all that flying? :pac:
    or one of these?
    http://www.best-b2b.com/userimg/989/1009-1/metal-model-airplane-494.jpg

Well with yer new found fortune, can I have one of these instead?

Saves me having to worry about check in times, waiting around at the airport or luggage being overweight!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Where you travelling to TP?

I'm leaving London in a few weeks but thats hardly travelling ha

Misticles wrote: »
    Where you travelling to TP?

I'm leaving London in a few weeks but thats hardly travelling ha

Back and forth between Ireland and Germany at the mo, was the UK up to end of Oct and next year "to infinity and beyond!!... :P :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Back and forth between Ireland and Germany at the mo, was the UK up to end of Oct and next year "to infinity and beyond!!... :P :D

I would love to work in Germany! I missed my chance as I was in London. 2 lads were sent to Munich :(

Well I'm going back to Newry after xmas... sigh

I got my first selection box :)

I'd forgotten about selection boxes - dear god I'm losing sight of my childhood :(

Nice... I love selection boxes :)

Does the Curly Wurly look even smaller again than it did each of the preceeding years?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement