Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial Lease - Legal fees

Options
  • 20-08-2011 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

We are planning to move office shortly and need some advice on legal fees

Have been quoted prices of €1000-€1200 by various solicitors to review a standard 3 year lease agreement.

Seems high to me (given rent levels have come down).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

ltfc wrote: »
    We are planning to move office shortly and need some advice on legal fees

Have been quoted prices of €1000-€1200 by various solicitors to review a standard 3 year lease agreement.

Seems high to me (given rent levels have come down).

That's what I paid earlier this year. I did see a quote online for about half that, but I figured a solicitor advertising a cheap service online might be cutting corners. And if I wanted to cut corners, I'd have done it without a solicitor entirely.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

The rents coming down do not effect the work thatthe solicitor puts into doing the job. It's the same on a €10,000 lease as a €100,000 lease.

Whether or not the work involved is worth €1000 is of course a different days debate :) but this is the general going rate for the service.

Advertisement