Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon City Deals - LED's any use?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

A conventional 50W GU10 halogen will emit 800 lumens - the groupon ones:

http://www.ledlightszone.co.uk/gu10/126-4w-gu10-led-20-smd5050-50w-equiv.html

emit 300 - 320 lumens. Saying they are equivalent is like saying an audi TT has the passenger carrying capabilities of Land Rover Discovery...

So far, the best LED GU10 equivalents I've used have been this:

http://www.megamanuk.com/megaman-products/lamps/sku.php?order_code=141374&series_id=16&sub_series_id=33

or

http://www.ecat.lighting.philips.com/l/master-ledspot-mv-32578/master-ledspot-mv-929000163901_eu/prd/ie/?ctn=929000163901_EU

I have noticed failures of both of those LEDs though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭b318isp

Just to let people know, I've initiated a dispute with paypal due to neither Groupon/Citydeal nor ledlightszone.co.uk providing any communications nor the lights. No response to emails, call-backs, phone calls from either company.

The Groupon/Citydeal service phone number has a message that they have no phone availability this week at all! No response to emails either. For a service company, that is just crazy. I'm unsubscribing from them because of this lousy and thoroughly unprofessional nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Best 4w LED GU10 on the market at the moment.

My entire house is kitted out in them.
    Ive tried alot of different LEDs in the last year,and these are the best by far.
    Light quality is brilliant and a lovely "warm white" too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭b318isp

paddy147 wrote: »
    Best 4w LED GU10 on the market at the moment.

My entire house is kitted out in them.
    Ive tried alot of different LEDs in the last year,and these are the best by far.
    Light quality is brilliant and a lovely "warm white" too.:)

How much and where?

b318isp wrote: »
    How much and where?

Around 13 euro from any Eurosales electrical wholesale shop.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

Hi paddy - do you have any on dimmers by the way - just wondering how they compare to standard gu-10s that way (in terms of light quality) - as I've quite a few halogen gu-10s on dimmers and would probably save a few quid if I changed over.

alfa beta wrote: »
    Hi paddy - do you have any on dimmers by the way - just wondering how they compare to standard gu-10s that way (in terms of light quality) - as I've quite a few halogen gu-10s on dimmers and would probably save a few quid if I changed over.

Yes I have 17 of them on a double dimmer switch plate and they work perfectly.

I have another 10 of them in the dining area,again on a dimmer,and they work very well.

Advertisement