Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare Co Co in the IT this morning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

If you look at the members of Clare Co Co you shouldn't be surprised. I met a few from my area and lost all hope...

However:
    There is some cause for optimism in the Ennis affair. Planners and officials have now publicly challenged the decision taken by councillors. Their observations and the proposed changes have gone on public display and citizens are being invited to make their views known on the matter within the next three weeks.

At a time when political parties are looking towards the local elections of 2014, voters should make their views known on such matters. People power is one thing politicians understand.

quoted from above mentioned article in the IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

Palmach wrote: »
    Will anyone lose their seat.
    are you crazy? not one person will, this is gombeen central

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

If they did, would it matter?

As the poster above me said, it's gombeen central here sure. If an article in the IT about a study done by a national college about how screwed their polices are doesn't effect their decision making, do you really think a few locals complaining are going to change things? They will be ignored just like the coco ignores everyone else as they motor on into oblivion.

They won't be happy until we are the first county to go bankrupt.

Everyone has something to share in life and in this case our county is a good example of a bad example. Now we have confirmation on this sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

When I saw the title " Clare Co Co in the IT this morning " I actually read it as
    " Clare Co Co in the sh-IT this morning " as it turned out they are, or should be...
    But as everyone else is, it will go unnoticed, who gives a S*IT anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I was discussing this with a few mates today actually. It sounds good, and on some levels it is good that they are rezoning land that was zoned for development and turning it to agricultural, unless you look at the whole story.

Most of the land is being rezoned for a second time. During the boom the gombeen cronies around here used their influence to have extensive amounts of land rezoned from agricultural to developmental. Now with no hope of ever developing it, they find themselves owning land that is being taxed at a much higher rate. They of course now are using their significant influence to again get the council to undo what they previously did for them so they can save a few bob.

The fact they are even revisiting the rezoning right now is very odd, as they rarely if ever go back and do a review once the planning guidelines are set. It shows how certain individuals still hold significant amounts of sway and the gombeen culture is still very much alive and well in Co. Clare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement