Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time build! does all this go together

Options
  • 20-08-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

i got all this from amazon so here goes

prices are in sterling

samsung 500gb hdd 30.00
    gigabyte skt-am2/am3 36.58
    Amd athlon II X2 250 3.0 ghz 47.54
    corsair 2x 4gb =8gb ddr3 ram 32.95
    cit 750w power supply 28.32
    windows 7 hom premium 110.68
    elite 330 mid tower chassis 33.00
    sapphire 5450 1gb ddr3 hdmi 33.20
    lg dvdrw srive 14.00

Total in sterling 366
    converted to euro 415

feedback appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I'd recommend getting a more reliable power supply, CIT aren't known for sturdy PSU's.
    You'd also probably be better off ordering from Scan or hardwareversand, they tend to be cheaper than Amazon.

Give us your budget and needs and we should be able to throw something together for you from either of these sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'd recommend getting a more reliable power supply, CIT aren't known for sturdy PSU's.
    You'd also probably be better off ordering from Scan or hardwareversand, they tend to be cheaper than Amazon.

Give us your budget and needs and we should be able to throw something together for you from either of these sites.

my budget would be 500 max including windows. monitor keyboard and mouse are extras so no need to include them. id use it for itunes, browsing and maybe the odd gam of call of duty of fifa 12. in my other thread deconduo posted a setup and i want to get a another opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Yeah, deconduo's build from the other thread is very good for the price, I'd recommend going for it.

I'd stay away from the parts you have chosen, for ~€50 more deconduo's build is much better.

Advertisement