Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can I Find The program Junior Doctors?

Options
  • 20-08-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hey Guys,
    Move this if you want but it sort of relates to Medical education in a way so I posted it here.
    Anyway, I was looking for some episodes of a series on RTE a few years ago called Junior Doctors by Mint Production (not the BBC programme). I can only seem to find the first episode online which is a pity because I would be really interested in watching it as I have an interest in Medicine.

Would anyone perhaps have a link to the other episodes or maybe even have recorded it years ago? Willing to pay for them if necessary.

Kind Regards,
    Sean
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭del85

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

Yeah that's the one. Is there a link to buy it on the page/watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭del85

seanob43 wrote: »
    Yeah that's the one. Is there a link to buy it on the page/watch it?

I think you have to get in touch with the "programme sales assistant". The 'contact' section has her phone number/email.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

seanob43 if you do manage to get your hands on it could you let us know how, have been trying to watch it myself but can't find it anywhere, bar the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭MLH1

First one is here, Thank you and good night :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5980436357396285145

A very similar series set recently in the UK is also around, called Your life in their hands, bbc3 made it

• Advertisement

MLH1 wrote: »

A very similar series set recently in the UK is also around, called Your life in their hands, bbc3 made it
    (not the BBC programme)......... I can only seem to find the first episode online which is a pity because I would be really interested in watching it as I have an interest in Medicine.

Yeah thanks but I said already that I seen the first one and the BBC programme. Thanks for the reply though!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MedGal

I watched the first a year or two ago and would love to see the rest. Have you contacted RTE about it?

MedGal wrote: »
    I watched the first a year or two ago and would love to see the rest. Have you contacted RTE about it?
    Was about to then realized not much point at 11 o'clock at night:o
    Will try on Monday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

If you do have any luck with RTE will you let us know.
    I watched that episode on google videos a few weeks ago and had the desire to watch the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭MLH1

Surgeons another RTE mad series that followed on from the success of Junior Doctors can b seen here.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/surgeons/series1.html

Also found this series really good too, 4 live operations filmed in front of a channel 4 audience.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-operation-surgery-live/4od

• Advertisement

Surgeons another RTE mad series that followed on from the success of Junior Doctors can b seen here.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/surgeons/series1.html

Also found this series really good too, 4 live operations filmed in front of a channel 4 audience.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-operation-surgery-live/4od
    Wow, thanks for that. I think we should get a sticky or something going here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I thought the UK one had a relatively sanitised almost staged feel to it compared to the Irish one which was more warts and all....

Is anyone else having difficulty watching "Surgeons" on the link posted above. Tells me a "general error has occured" when I click play.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭pollypigwash

Is anyone else having difficulty watching "Surgeons" on the link posted above. Tells me a "general error has occured" when I click play.

I'd imagine you don't have RealPlayer installed. RTÉ tend to use that for all these programmes. Even with RealPlayer I had some difficulties midway through episodes with it cutting out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭drrkpd

Hey Guys,
    Move this if you want but it sort of relates to Medical education in a way so I posted it here.
    Anyway, I was looking for some episodes of a series on RTE a few years ago called Junior Doctors by Mint Production (not the BBC programme). I can only seem to find the first episode online which is a pity because I would be really interested in watching it as I have an interest in Medicine.

Would anyone perhaps have a link to the other episodes or maybe even have recorded it years ago? Willing to pay for them if necessary.

Kind Regards,
    Sean

Great programme-very much true to real life-should be compulsary viewing for anyone who thinks medicine is like Greys Anatomy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

The sale of video for private use can be ge got through this link. You go into the sales and services section and go down to request form. Wish I could get the junior doctors series, but its too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

• Registered Users Posts: 37 yit

has anyone found the episodes of this show past the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

drrkpd wrote: »
    Great programme-very much true to real life-should be compulsary viewing for anyone who thinks medicine is like Greys Anatomy!!!

Grrrr :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

The UK one was awful! Was really funny to hear the F1/F2s going nuts about how bad those guys were.

• Advertisement

Hey,
    Sorry to bring back an old thread from the dead but I've restarted my search for this programme.
    As a matter of interest how expensive was it to purchase?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Hey,
    Sorry to bring back an old thread from the dead but I've restarted my search for this programme.
    As a matter of interest how expensive was it to purchase?

Thanks

€15 per episode.

mrmeindl wrote: »
    €15 per episode.
    Well, that's not terrible actually.

I emailed them the other day and this is the reply I received back

"Hi Sean

Unfortunately we are unable to make copies of this programme for legal and copyright restrictions.

I’m sorry I couldn’t help further.

Many thanks

Vicky Moran
    TV Library Sales
    RTE
    Donnybrook,
    Dublin 4.
    Ireland
    vicky.moran@rte.ie"

Also, @mrmeindl who told you that figure?

Thanks,
    Sean

Does anybody know where you can find the 'Junior Doctors your life in their hands' series? I can get episode 3 online but the rest were taken down off youtube. I've seen them all before but would be interesting to see them again

yit wrote: »
    Does anybody know where you can find the 'Junior Doctors your life in their hands' series? I can get episode 3 online but the rest were taken down off youtube. I've seen them all before but would be interesting to see them again
    Here you go
    http://www.watchseries-online.eu/category/junior-doctors-your-life-in-their-hands

Any help with mine?:o

Cheers buddy. I was hoping somebody would know where it was but unfortunately not

I received a followup email today further explaining why I am unable to receive a copy. It seems that it is due to the sensitive nature of the program copies are prohibited which is fair enough.

Last hope is to wait for a re-run I guess :rolleyes:

Have you tried emailing mint productions?

Have you tried emailing mint productions?
    I haven't yet,maybe it's worth a go though.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

Have just seen an ad on BBC three for series two, will post more info when I see it.

Advertisement