Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covered litter tray

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

All 9 of my trays are covered, I only use an uncovered one for small kittens. Cats prefer them in general as they don't like to be seen doing their business! The flap should be easy to take off an we never have seen any benefit of the filters, sticking to baking soda for freshness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I find washing them out every fortnight and scooping twice a day keeps them fine. If we leave them for over a fortnight it does start to smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I switched to a covered tray, I don't know if it smells less but it's definitely more pleasant to look at/have around, I only have 1 cat and she poops once a day so I scoop the poop soon after she's done it (I can smell it straight away) and once a week I clean it out and put fresh litter in, also putting a sprinkle of bicard or baking powder every couple of days can help. I know if I used to leave it longer than a week or so, you could smell the pee whenever you went into the downstairs bathroom where we keep it.

Advertisement