Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Programme Orientation?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lama94

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

are you going to trinity? i didn't do chemistry at all since like first year and she said its real complicated so dunno if i should bother?!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mrs.K

lama94 wrote: »
    are you going to trinity? i didn't do chemistry at all since like first year and she said its real complicated so dunno if i should bother?!
    I'm going to trinity, but now people are saying you only need it for certain courses :/
    I'm going to head for it on the day, explain my circumstances and see if I get shipped off to the HEAR orientation instead [fingers crossed :D]

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

Is anyone else whose staying overnight for the orientation bringing laptops? Might sound like a random question but I'm trying to pack and dont know whether to bring it or not :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Audio Science

Whats the story with moving in afterwards? HEAR orientation finishes on Thursday but Halls dont let you move in until Friday. Anyone filling in them forms to move in early? Dunno if I should come home for a day or look for a comfortable hedge. :o

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Audio Science

I suppose you're right. I'll go download the form now. The thought of filling in yet another form isn't exactly appealing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Maynooths was amazing! :) Best week of my life, made so many friends, learned so much, and just a general amazingness! Really want to go back already. :(

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Maynooths was amazing! :) Best week of my life, made so many friends, learned so much, and just a general amazingness! Really want to go back already. :(
    Good to hear yours was good anyway (:

I got talking to a girl at a party who got into ucd on the HEAR nd she said she didn't like their orientation at all
    They took them shopping in Tesco's and she said they treated the group like retards and she was going to lodge a complaint :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Mrs.K wrote: »
    Good to hear yours was good anyway (:

I got talking to a girl at a party who got into ucd on the HEAR nd she said she didn't like their orientation at all
    They took them shopping in Tesco's and she said they treated the group like retards and she was going to lodge a complaint :confused:

thats seems like a load a bollox tbh...my bro was at it and he rang me it was boppin.... She must have been one of the queers who sat by dem selves and didnt mingle ha....for anyone who was at the ucd one ...they will tell u d crack was 90 ...ha and my bros aptment was where the party is at...g4-01 .... I seen a few pics and d friends he made and i was very jealous i didn go ..... Lodge a complaint ffs why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

brownlad wrote: »
    thats seems like a load a bollox tbh...my bro was at it and he rang me it was boppin.... She must have been one of the queers who sat by dem selves and didnt mingle ha....for anyone who was at the ucd one ...they will tell u d crack was 90 ...ha and my bros aptment was where the party is at...g4-01 .... I seen a few pics and d friends he made and i was very jealous i didn go ..... Lodge a complaint ffs why?

Yeah it was class. Whats that girl on about? They didn't treat us like kids at all. They gave us a 40 euro voucher and told us off you go spend that now. And we we're partying all night with all the mentors and everything like.

Brownlad whats your bros name? Maybe I met him? I was in g4 5.

Jaafa wrote: »
    Yeah it was class. Whats that girl on about? They didn't treat us like kids at all. They gave us a 40 euro voucher and told us off you go spend that now. And we we're partying all night with all the mentors and everything like.

Brownlad whats your bros name? Maybe I met him? I was in g4 5.

he was probably the onli black guy there ha.... He was in g4-01

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Did you not get an A in English?! :pac:

Did you not get an A in English?! :pac:

ha alri babes...excuse my vocab...how is scotland treatn u :) ...missn u lots :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Ha alright babes...excuse my vocab...How is Scotland treating you? :) ...Missing you lots :P

*facepalm*

FYP

:pac:

I'll PM ya so we don't take this off topic, 'cause you know the way I hate taking things off topic! :P

*facepalm*

FYP

:pac:

I'll PM ya so we don't take this off topic, 'cause you know the way I hate taking things off topic! :P

okey doke sugartits ;) ..... Jk

NOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

he was probably the onli black guy there ha.... He was in g4-01

Actually he wasn't. :p

So anyone for the trinity Hear orientation?
    I still don't know what we'll be doing
    Just been told when to register :/

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

Mrs.K wrote: »
    So anyone for the trinity Hear orientation?
    I still don't know what we'll be doing
    Just been told when to register :/

http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?
    Whole thread of us here.
    I don't know what we'll be doing either, I was just told when to be there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭miss_aisling

Hi I know this is old but I was just wondering, do you have to pay for the accommodation during the orientation?? Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hi I know this is old but I was just wondering, do you have to pay for the accommodation during the orientation?? Thanks! :)

No, I'm pretty sure they put you up for the orientation days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭miss_aisling

Aww thanks, thats a relief! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Keelty55

just wondering if anybody has any experience of UL's hear orientation week in the past? what activities are involved, the accommodation etc.. and why is it on for a full week (26th of August-1st September)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

They vary, but they're usually 4-5 days in most colleges.

They aim to give you as good a start in college as they can. They will typically cover things like study skills; making *useful* notes; writing essays for third level (quite different approach to second level ... you need citation / referencing etc.); exam techniques; using the library (online catalogues, searching databases, etc); and a load more besides. They will include tours of campus and fun / social stuff, and by the time you're finished, you will know a whole lot of new people who are coming into the college in first year, as well as knowing your way around before the whole place becomes an anthill again!

You are likely to find that you are at an advantage when the bulk of the new students arrive. ;)

I'm not familiar with the UL one specifically, but that's the normal approach.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please use this thread for discussion of and questions about HEAR orientations in all the colleges.

As in other threads, any attempt to identify a poster in 'the real world' is not looked favourably upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭Aarong9224

Anyone have any experience with dcu's program , or anyone on here accepted into dare and their first choice is dcu ?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Woah woah woah what do you mean your gonna get college offers on monday? I thought we dont get them till after we get our results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

CAO important dates

See "early July". (I'm not sure where people got Monday from?)

If only people looked at their handbooks ... >_>

It doesn't apply to people doing their LC this year; in fact, it applies to a very small number of people overall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement