Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

14-spot Ladybird (was - ID Please... (possible Harlequin Ladybird?))

• 20-08-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭

Found this little guy walking across my kitchen ceiling this afternoon. Looking at this site it looks quiet possible a Harlequin but could just be our own 10-spot ladybird maybe? Anyone know the difference?

He is quiet small...

ladybird.jpg

Edit: Found in Drogheda BTW...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Harlequin is at least as large as 7-spot. So size is too small.
    I'd like to see a closer view of head area, but from what I can see, it's not 10-spot. I think it's 14-spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Good news that it's not a Harlequin though.

Here's a better view of the head. Sorry about the poor quality...

ladybird2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Looking at this I'd say you are right Mothman. Thank you for your help. I'll release him back outside.

Advertisement