Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga/pilates holiday

Options
  • 20-08-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a yoga/pilates retreat? I was hoping to go by myself for a few days mid September, and considering both Irish and abroad options.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

You might be interested in this, a tailored to you holiday? We met Rex and Darina in a coffee shop here in June, they were living in Nerja and their holiday business was just an idea.

We're contemplating a short yoga holiday there next year.

http://freeyourspiritholidays.blogspot.com/2011/07/we-are-setting-up-holiday-business-in.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I did a yoga holiday recently but I never bothered to check what kind of yoga it was. I'm used to doing hatha yoga at home, which I love, but on the holiday we did kundulini yoga, which I hated. It was really disappointing - I had no idea there could be such a difference in different kinds of yoga. I ended up dropping out of the yoga classes because I felt made my holiday more stressful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

It's a good idea to check out Tripadvisor and search for "Yoga Ireland" or "Yoga Holiday".....

The Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre which i run myself, runs yoga retreats in Ireland.

We teach over 9 different types of yoga and i have been practicing meditation since 1978 and yoga since 1988.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

JaneHudson wrote: »
    I had no idea there could be such a difference in different kinds of yoga.
    O/T - This is exactly why I always suggest to people to try two, if not three, yoga styles before they commit to a specific class! I actually want to try kundalini myself, just to see what it's like :)

Back on topic! Friends of mine did a yoga holiday in Ibiza. I think it was for two weeks. It sounded idyllic - I'd love to do it sometime! Will ask tomorrow for the name for you, OP.

Advertisement