Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy buttermilk

Options
  • 20-08-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy the above for a recipe, but nowhere I've checked has it. Can it be bought anymore in Ireland?!
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

Its widely available. I would use it most weeks for baking.

All the large supermarkets have it, super value/dunnes /tesco ect...

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

tesco deffinatly have it, its in a white and yellow box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Thanks folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Eriu79

Dunnes def. have it too

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

If you get cream of tartar powder you can use it as a substitute for buttermilk. Its really handy, mix 1 3/4 tablespoons in 1 cup of milk. It works perfectly and it means you dont have to get a whole carton of buttermilk in when you might only need a small bit, plus it doesnt go off in your food press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

If you get cream of tartar powder you can use it as a substitute for buttermilk. Its really handy, mix 1 3/4 tablespoons in 1 cup of milk. It works perfectly and it means you dont have to get a whole carton of buttermilk in when you might only need a small bit, plus it doesnt go off in your food press.

Or you can use a teaspoon of lemon juice.

Advertisement