Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ucas Acceptance?

• 20-08-2011 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

Well, I got called by my college of choice yesterday, and was told that I've been accepted for my place. The woman asked if I've any questions (which I didn't at the time as I was overcome with happiness :P) and said remember to accept the course via UCAS track.

I've tried to accept via ucas but I don't know how. The reply feature won't work (says I don't need to make any replies at the moment) but my courses have changed from "Conditional" to "Unconditional". And at the welcome page of UCAS Track it says "Congratulations! Your place at Queen's University Belfast has been confirmed."
    So how do I accept? Or do I not need to do anything?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

I don't think you need to do anything, once your offer has definitely become unconditional. :confused: I was wondering this too, so rang up UCAS and they said that all I needed to do was wait for a confirmation/welcome letter. I'm not sure exactly what's in the letter, but maybe we'll have to confirm something when we get it? My UCAS says exactly the same as yours though, so I'm pretty sure you don't need to do anything but wait for the letter. I presume it'll arrive some time next week!

Congratulations on getting in btw! I was pretty overcome with happiness when I got in too. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Violafy wrote: »
    I don't think you need to do anything, once your offer has definitely become unconditional. :confused: I was wondering this too, so rang up UCAS and they said that all I needed to do was wait for a confirmation/welcome letter. I'm not sure exactly what's in the letter, but maybe we'll have to confirm something when we get it? My UCAS says exactly the same as yours though, so I'm pretty sure you don't need to do anything but wait for the letter. I presume it'll arrive some time next week!

Congratulations on getting in btw! I was pretty overcome with happiness when I got in too. :P
    I think you can look at the decision letters on Ucas track.
    Main Menu -> View and print decision letters -> click the course.
    But I don't really know what to do with it :p

Thanks! I was kind of expecting to get in as I got head and shoulders above what they asked for, but it was still great to get in. Plus the phone call was a nice personal touch! Didn't think they had the time to do that :p

I didn't mean the decision letters with conditional offers - they send another letter just to let you know that you've met your requirements and will actually be going to Uni. It mentions the letter here under the first or second heading:
    http://www.ucas.com/students/results/whatnext
    Ahh well I didn't get a phone call, but I didn't really care at the time - was too busy crying and celebrating. :o Which Uni do you have the offer for?

I didn't mean the decision letters with conditional offers - they send another letter just to let you know that you've met your requirements and will actually be going to Uni. It mentions the letter here under the first or second heading:
    http://www.ucas.com/students/results/whatnext
    Ahh well I didn't get a phone call, but I didn't really care at the time - was too busy crying and celebrating. :o Which Uni do you have the offer for?
    Ahh, a letter in the post.
    *sense is made*

Queens University Belfast :D
    You?

PJelly wrote: »
    Ahh, a letter in the post.
    *sense is made*

Queens University Belfast :D
    You?

Sorry - just saw that you'd mentioned which Uni it was in your first post! :P *facepalm* My mind is all over the place atm.

St Andrews :D for psychology, which subject are you doing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Noon_

As far as I know you just leave it altogether! I think that once you receive the letter it means that there's absolutely no doubt that you're going to that uni unless you withdraw or something.

I got my grades too, off to London for psychology in less than 3 weeks! :)

Sorry - just saw that you'd mentioned which Uni it was in your first post! :P *facepalm* My mind is all over the place atm.

St Andrews :D for psychology, which subject are you doing?
    Computer Game Development due to me being a huge nerd :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 TeachMealog

Hold tight ... UCAS and the post may take some time.
    hopefully it comes in and maybe a CAO offer to give you options/decisions..
    If its QUB you'll love the place (and belfast prices)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Don't worry, once you see the 'congratulations...!' and the offer changes to unconditional you have your place :) You accepted it already when you firmed it.

Yay for UCAS! :D I'm going to Scotland!

Advertisement