Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

short trip to US for intership interview

• 20-08-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I am going to the US on Wednesday until Saturday for an internship interview, if I get the job I'd be working under the IWT visa. I am a bit nervous of being asked what is my reasons for such a short trip. I am planning on having a printed copy of my flight Itinerary and a printed copy of an email with the schedule of my interview day on it as well.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and what did you do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

You will be fine . You will be asked is trip for business or pleasure just tell them you are going for an interview Have a copy of interview time details etc and also have your hotel booking printed out showing you only staying for a few days.

Dont do what I did on my first trip when my company was installing machines in the states. I got flustered at the airport and informed the TSA I was going out to work . Now that got funny looks:D but I had details of company and hotels etc. They generally dont give you trouble.

Done all your visas online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Thanks! Yes I have filled in the ESTA. I don't have any hotel details as I will be staying with friends but I put in their address and will be using their address as the place I am staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Sure you will be fine then. Just have all those details to hand when dealing with Tsa. Anyway with likes of New York there will be loads of people doing a similar length trip. Good luck with interview

got the job :D yay! 12 month internship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

Congrats. Wants it in

• Advertisement

web dev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

what is web dev like. Have you too be good on the computers. congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starky

Unless you have a green card or a visa NEVER even mention the 'w' word when you're going through immigration! If you going over on a work trip just say it's a business trip. They go nuts at you if you tell them you are coming over to work! :-)

dev100 wrote: »
    You will be fine . You will be asked is trip for business or pleasure just tell them you are going for an interview Have a copy of interview time details etc and also have your hotel booking printed out showing you only staying for a few days.

Dont do what I did on my first trip when my company was installing machines in the states. I got flustered at the airport and informed the TSA I was going out to work . Now that got funny looks:D but I had details of company and hotels etc. They generally dont give you trouble.

Done all your visas online ?

starky wrote: »
    Unless you have a green card or a visa NEVER even mention the 'w' word when you're going through immigration! If you going over on a work trip just say it's a business trip. They go nuts at you if you tell them you are coming over to work! :-)

Yea I said internship interview and they were fine, even said good luck! :D

Advertisement