Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating- project maths?

• 20-08-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi! :)
    Well, I missed out on my course by a good few points and have decided to repeat. I'd have to do project maths now but quite a few people have told me that it's just one of the two papers that is based on project maths, the other one is based on the old course. Is this correct? If yes, then is it paper 1 or paper 2 that has changed? And is project maths hard to do in a year?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :) xx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Well, I missed out on my course by a good few points and have decided to repeat. I'd have to do project maths now but quite a few people have told me that it's just one of the two papers that is based on project maths, the other one is based on the old course. Is this correct? If yes, then is it paper 1 or paper 2 that has changed? And is project maths hard to do in a year?

Yeah I think it's only the one paper changing and afaik it's Paper 1 that stays the same. Paper 2 isn't fully changed either I don't think, it has a few sections, one of which is from the old course.

(This is something I think I know but I'm not really sure how I know it so it mightn't be 100% accurate) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

cocopopsxx wrote: »

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :) xx

For the Leaving Cert 2012, there is only a couple of sections which have changed. I amn't completely sure which but as LilMissCiara said I think it is some of Paper 2 which is different. You can get some information from this site: http://www.projectmaths.ie/default.asp and

http://ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Post-Primary_Education/Project_Maths/Syllabuses_and_Assessment/LC_Maths_for_examination_in_2012.pdf

Good Luck with everything!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Thinking of repeating and doing project maths too... At higher level... And I did the old ordinary course. :eek: (Worst decision I've ever made to be honest.) :(

Does anyone know if it's in anyway easier than the old honours course? :confused: Or if the two years of maths that I've done would be in any way relevent or helpful if I do repeat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Strand 1 and 2 for our year - Examination in 2012 that is...

Changes to paper 2, paper 1 stays the same, Thank God!

To those doing ordinary level it'll be tough doing the algebra in paper 1 etc.. But it's doable if you lock yourself up and study...

Good luck to all!

Advertisement