Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Dressing - Chair Rental Insurance

Options
  • 20-08-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am looking at taking over a salon ran by my wife over the coming weeks.

It is a hair & beauty salon, and her background is all beauty (although she has managed both ends for the last year)

My thoughts at this stage are to try and rent our the chairs in the hairdressing end to individual hairdressers, has anyone any experience in this?

I have made enquirys with my local insurance contacts who all seem to be unkeen to get involved/lack knowledge of this situation, has anyone any contacts/suggestions regarding insurance for this situation

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Jonny303 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am looking at taking over a salon ran by my wife over the coming weeks.

It is a hair & beauty salon, and her background is all beauty (although she has managed both ends for the last year)

My thoughts at this stage are to try and rent our the chairs in the hairdressing end to individual hairdressers, has anyone any experience in this?

I have made enquirys with my local insurance contacts who all seem to be unkeen to get involved/lack knowledge of this situation, has anyone any contacts/suggestions regarding insurance for this situation

Cheers

In the absence of any better replies there is a venue I use for events (different I know) that requires each user to have insurance.

They have limited public liability + cover for fire / theft etc.

Then Each user has public liability for their activity or service or event.

So the venue is insured for damage, plus they have some insurance to meet their share of any liability and the public is covered by the insurance of whoever has caused them to be there in the first place.

Could it be possible that each hairdresser who uses the venue gets public liability / product indemnity / professional indemnity or whatever else insurance a hairdresser would normally have. In turn you insure the actual saloon as a saloon but without professional indemnity as your not providing that service.

Just a suggestion seeing as nobody else replied...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Thats what I would imagine the story is. Looking around on the web, policys seem plentiful in the UK but it seems to be hard to find a broker here who will supply.

On the same note but slightly different,

I will be VAT registered, so I presume I will invoice the hairdresser with VAT for the chair rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

If the place is quiet, with two hairdressers on that day and a customer walks in, who gets the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Jonny303 wrote: »
    Thats what I would imagine the story is. Looking around on the web, policys seem plentiful in the UK but it seems to be hard to find a broker here who will supply.

On the same note but slightly different,

I will be VAT registered, so I presume I will invoice the hairdresser with VAT for the chair rental?

A few years ago I was looking for an "awkward" policy from the UK. The UK supplier said that if we could get an Irish broker they could sell it here.

Just a suggestion but perhaps contact some of the UK / NI insurers and ask them if they have a broker here who will facilitate same? There are a small number of brokers who help with same (there used to be one in Bray, cant remember the name).

Advertisement