Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating a Semester

Options
  • 20-08-2011 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if it is possible to just repeat the second semester of a year before moving on to second year?

Basically I passed all of my exams in first semester this year and then failed the majority of them in the second semester. It's not looking likely that I'll pass the repeats either.

So I was wondering is it possible to just repeat the second semester of first year or would I have to repeat all of first year. And does anyone know the costs associated with repeating?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Around 300 per module and then a registration fee that varies based on number of modules. 6 modules is around 2600 including reg and 3 is 1300.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yeah your told to repeat the year, and just repeat the subjects you failed. You pay full fees here IIRC. Not sure on pricing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You can also repeat them externally which means you only pay €150 and then sit the exams at the end of the semester. You're not registered in the college during this period so technically you'll have no access to IT facilities, library or lectures however many lecturers don't mind you sitting in and your friends would be able to help you with library access.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

AdMMM wrote: »
    You can also repeat them externally which means you only pay €150 and then sit the exams at the end of the semester. You're not registered in the college during this period so technically you'll have no access to IT facilities, library or lectures however many lecturers don't mind you sitting in and your friends would be able to help you with library access.

If you repeat them externally, do you still have to pay the €2000 Registration Fee?

And do you do the exam in the college?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

callaway92 wrote: »
    If you repeat them externally, do you still have to pay the €2000 Registration Fee?

And do you do the exam in the college?

No and yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sully wrote: »
    No and yes.

interesting. . . Thanks, brah

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

It's also only the full 2000 registration fee if you are repeating every module internally, It is around 165 registration fee per 5 credit module.

Advertisement