Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4 collection by ups

• 20-08-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

i recently contacted apple about getting my iphone repaire/replaced and that was all fine its under the warranty and i received my box to send it away a few days ago but stupidly i send it by an post instead of ups (dont ask why) and as i was told postage would be free i refused to pay postage in the post office and they posted it for me anyway, i aked the next day had it been taken and it had left the post office that evening, does anyone know what will happen next will apple still receive my iphone???? im worried now :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

i recently contacted apple about getting my iphone repaire/replaced and that was all fine its under the warranty and i received my box to send it away a few days ago but stupidly i send it by an post instead of ups (dont ask why) and as i was told postage would be free i refused to pay postage in the post office and they posted it for me anyway, i aked the next day had it been taken and it had left the post office that evening, does anyone know what will happen next will apple still receive my iphone???? im worried now :(

You will have no way of tracking it.

You can track the call on the apple site an see I they log it into their workshop.

I think it is just a case of wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This could turn into a headache. It could get delivered, it could get returned to you or it could end up sitting on a shelf in limbo somewhere while An Post decide what to do with this thing they should never have accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thecatspyjamas

thanks for the replies guys, i guess ill just have to wait and see! :( iv been checking the apple site every day to see if they've received it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

thanks for the replies guys, i guess ill just have to wait and see! :( iv been checking the apple site every day to see if they've received it

They won't know who sent it to them unless you used the UPS tracking number. Did you at least put a return address on the box when you gave it to An Post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

TheZohan wrote: »
    They won't know who sent it to them unless you used the UPS tracking number. Did you at least put a return address on the box when you gave it to An Post?

They'll have the serial number he will presumably have entered when logging the fault.

I think the best bet is to call them and explain and hope that everything works out. But the fact the An Post haven't been paid to post the letter probably means it will be sitting on a shelf in the Post Office. They surely won't want to post something they haven''t been paid for and have no hope of being paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

TheZohan wrote: »

The reason you doen it was like myself and a hell of a lot of people out there did the same thing we skimmed through the leaflet, anpost is mentioned! I doen the same droped it in to the post office then 48hrs passed heared nothing.I rang apple they said yes LOTS of people in Ireland are doing the same thing they don't know why.it will get there just will take a few days more. Then a few days later in the pub a friend of mine said he did the exact same thing last year.it will be alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

LOTS of people in Ireland are doing the same thing they don't know why.
    we skimmed through the leaflet, anpost is mentioned!

Well, thats that mystery solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thecatspyjamas

thanks everyone! good news apple said they received my iphone today and it has been serviced so hopefully ill have it back in the next few days!!!!:) oh how iv missed 'benjy' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

I did the same thing on friday. Brought it to An Post where a lot of confusion ensued. Then they said I had to drop it off at UPS. So I took it with me and called UPS Ireland.

10 mins later a UPS van pulls up outside my job to collect the package. Apple received it this morning and have already posted me my replacement phone back via UPS at lunchtime today.

Unbelievable customer service really. Very impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 joemcd88

Hey :-)

I'm sorry, I know this is a year old thread but I am now in the same situation as the OP. I was wondering if someone who has experienced this could tell me just how much longer it takes when the iPhone is sent by An Post instead of UPS?

My gf sent hers in with the normal post on Thursday the 19th. Still no sign of anything - the UPS tracking obviously doesn't work and Apple Repair Status is still saying the empty box has been shipped.

Could someone tell me if it took this long with their phone? Or is there no hope left? :-/

Thank you for any answers and sorry again for bumping an old thread :-)

• Advertisement

joemcd88 wrote: »
    Hey :-)

I'm sorry, I know this is a year old thread but I am now in the same situation as the OP. I was wondering if someone who has experienced this could tell me just how much longer it takes when the iPhone is sent by An Post instead of UPS?

My gf sent hers in with the normal post on Thursday the 19th. Still no sign of anything - the UPS tracking obviously doesn't work and Apple Repair Status is still saying the empty box has been shipped.

Could someone tell me if it took this long with their phone? Or is there no hope left? :-/

Thank you for any answers and sorry again for bumping an old thread :-)

An Post would not accept my package when I did it. It has to be collected by UPS last I knew and all that needs to happen is to call ups and state the reference number.

The phone may just be sitting in An Post gathering dust.

GEO147 wrote: »
    An Post would not accept my package when I did it. It has to be collected by UPS last I knew and all that needs to happen is to call ups and state the reference number.

The phone may just be sitting in An Post gathering dust.

Thank you very much for your answer. I've tried e-mailing An Post customer services and they just replied 'In this situation we would pass the parcel over to UPS as they are the designated carriers of the item'.

Whilst the Post Office should not have accepted our parcel (like they didn't for you), we feel ridiculous for letting this happen! :o

Maybe there's hope then - perhaps it's sitting there in their office whilst calling UPS is on somebody's to-do list :-)

Anyone else who actually did send their phone my normal post - I'd still like to hear from you too to see how long it took for you.

Thank you again GEO147 :-)

Thank you very much for your answer. I've tried e-mailing An Post customer services and they just replied 'In this situation we would pass the parcel over to UPS as they are the designated carriers of the item'.

Whilst the Post Office should not have accepted our parcel (like they did for you), we feel ridiculous for letting this happen! :o

Maybe there's hope then - perhaps it's sitting there in their office whilst calling UPS is on somebody's to-do list :-)

Anyone else who actually did send their phone my normal post - I'd still like to hear from you too to see how long it took for you.

Thank you again GEO147 :-)

No problem. I felt like an idiot myself when they pointed out it was UPS and nothing to do with An Post, but they were not sure themselves on the day.

If I were you I would call in to the Post Office and I would bet any money that it is just sitting there

GEO147 wrote: »
    No problem. I felt like an idiot myself when they pointed out it was UPS and nothing to do with An Post, but they were not sure themselves on the day.

If I were you I would call in to the Post Office and I would bet any money that it is just sitting there

I tried that - they sent me to the sorting office, who just gave me the phone number of customer services. The phone wasn't being answered so I e-mailed them instead and they replied with the aforementioned.

Thank you again - I was looking for the thank you button on this thread but it doesn't seem to be here! :-)

I tried that - they sent me to the sorting office, who just gave me the phone number of customer services. The phone wasn't being answered so I e-mailed them instead and they replied with the aforementioned.

Thank you again - I was looking for the thank you button on this thread but it doesn't seem to be here! :-)

Dont mention it.

Sorry again for bumping an old post, but...

Anyone who might read this in the future - about 2 months later, when we'd given up hope and I'd bought a replacement, we suddenly got an e-mail from AppleCare saying the item had arrived in their possession!

2 days later and a refurb was back with us!

How about that then? :-)

Advertisement